New Dahua PTZ

Steffi

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, i understand..... my fould. i am blond :sad2:

the default 37777 is for one cam ok, but i have 4 of this cams :)

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It fits in my hand compared to the other PTZ's that are bigger than a basketball. This IS a mini PTZ!

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Steffi, are you using a NVR? If you are, than you do not need to port forward every single camera. Just port forwrard the NVR.

JackBauer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It fits in my hand compared to the other PTZ's that are bigger than a basketball. This IS a mini PTZ!
It actually looks the size of a small cantaloupe...

Not trying to parse words here - but from that picture it just doesn't look substantially smaller than some of the existing smaller sized ptz's.

Steffi

n3wb
Reaction score
Steffi, are you using a NVR? If you are, than you do not need to port forward every single camera. Just port forwrard the NVR.
i don`t know what NVR is??
I have my synology and on this, there is a surveillance prog. With this i check the cams.

But i have an other problem with this cams. Before i had 2 Foscam, now this dahua. The foscam react much faster from the web - handy (dyndns) as the dahua. where is the problem? the dahua takes up to 30 sec for an command, the foscam only 2.... can you confirm??
or are there any settings to hurry up?

znation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone know... Can it be wall mounted or only ceiling mounted?
I'm interrested by this cam but how does it work for ceiling mounting ? Do you need to buy another part ? A piece of plastic is included ?

Not waterproof but if mounting under eaves or under a porch - that temperature range seems to support such an application.

Any sample images?
It would be perfect if this cam can be installed under a porch, like you say the range seems OK

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a supplier? There's a few on Ali at the moment, but not many. CCTV camera China don't appear to stock it yet.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you don't want to buy from China, I could check my local distributor.

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im only seeing one on AliExpress and it looks like they are going for $290 a camera?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered one last week to replace the Dahua Mini Pan-Tilt at my front door, same vendor as just linked.. I'll post up some badly needed sample vids as soon as its installed.

I really hope the issues I had with my existing one are not present with this.. primarily loosing orientation and crappy low light performance.. its going up to my Son's room and is going to be a nanny cam until he nears puberty :p

its gong to be alot less discrete than the Pan/Tilt dome, if it would have at least been sensitive to IR light I'd of happily provided my own sources.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered one last week to replace the Dahua Mini Pan-Tilt at my front door, same vendor as just linked.. I'll post up some badly needed sample vids as soon as its installed.

I really hope the issues I had with my existing one are not present with this.. primarily loosing orientation and crappy low light performance.. its going up to my Son's room and is going to be a nanny cam until he nears puberty :p

its gong to be alot less discrete than the Pan/Tilt dome, if it would have at least been sensitive to IR light I'd of happily provided my own sources.
If you're referring to the model below, I have one and it does have night vision/IR cut filter, and is very good in low light and with IR. The same Ali seller (Glory Triumph) has these too, if you've just placed the order Jim will probably be happy to arrange to change it for you.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/sd22204t-gn-1046.html

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no I have this one deployed currently: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdb4300f-pt-708.html

these new Mini PTZ cameras were not out at the time I bought that one, it was always supposed to be temporary to hold me over.. it'll make an excellent camera in my kids room, I can turn his lights on at night if I want to check on him remotely.. he sleeps like a brick so even low light as long as I can see he is still there noise or blur is no concern.. it wont even be recording.. My biggest problem is it has poor mechanics for positioning and it drifts quickly, if I try to use it for automation it gets lost after a few days and thinks a wall behind it is the mailbox on the curb.. so its been used mostly a Fixed Camera, that I can remotely point at the ground to check for packaging from time to time.. it works fine with my security lighting at the entry way but the spread is focused up close so anything farther out then ~20ft is a blur if its even visible.

I believe this one will do fine, Ive got a blackface Dahua on the side of my house doing all sorts of auto-tracking with my home automation system, this is advertised as having the same 3D positioning as the blackface so I am hoping it is just as reliable with keeping its orientation over time.. if it can do that it'll be looking at my driveway/road primarily and will change to look at the front door, mailbox, a trunk on porch for packages, or my living room window anytime activity is detected by my automation system.. 5 cameras in one.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sounds good nayr! I haven't had mine working that hard, but did have one move to a preset when motion was detected on another cam (using BI) for a while and it never strayed from the preset positions. I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
SO these will move to a preset if sound or motion detected? what do you do say set three spots on a driveway and it searches if it hears anything ? I am very new to this camera.