New firmware for IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea NTSC and PAL 20180330

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right. Cameras that have the Dahua logo printed on them are shipped with firmware that shows the Dahua logo on the web UI. Cameras that don't have the Dahua logo printed on them are shipped with firmware use a generic "IPCAM" logo instead. Other than what the logo looks like, the firmwares are the same. Personally, I run the logo firmware on all of my cameras, regardless of if they have the logo on the exterior of the camera or not.
Great. My camera itself does not have the logo but the mount that the camera sits on, does. The webUI shows IPCamera, without the Dahua logo. My version apparently is a PAL version but I just downloaded the NTSC version of the firmware and installed it and appears to be working.

But, when I added the camera to my Synology SS as an NTSC, my mobile phone was not working with the came and just gave a black screen. As soon as I switched it to PAL within the SS, it started to work. So very odd.

But I did add the ZE model as the Z since the ZE is not yet available as a selection within SS.

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I documented some changes going from firmware version 2017-11-10 to version 2018-03-30 for Dahua cam HDW231R-Z in the attached PDF. I'm running some cams on the older version and some cams on the newer. So far I have not had any issues with firmware 2018-03-30, but it is still early for me to draw any conclusions. I'll see I have any issue in long the term.

Attachments

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I sooo want to change the firmware on my 5231R-ZE (currently running 2.460.0000.14.R, Build Date: 2017-07-20) to this new firmware, just for being able to switch between day and night settings.
(I currently change the sunrise/sunset times under the tab "Profile Management" but that has to be done every few weeks since sunrise/sunset time change over time during the year).
That one thing is the whole reason I want to upgrade, but I'm hesitant on upgrading, reading the problems here...

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can always downgrade if you run into a problem. Personally, I use the DahuaSunriseSunset Windows app that someone here wrote to change my camera settings between normal/night profiles (as it uses the accurate sunrise/sunset time of the current date and doesn’t need adjusting ever).

Iemand91

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You can always downgrade if you run into a problem. Personally, I use the DahuaSunriseSunset Windows app that someone here wrote to change my camera settings between normal/night profiles (as it uses the accurate sunrise/sunset time of the current date and doesn’t need adjusting ever).
Fair point.

I upgrade the firmware. But what setting should I work with to have the camera switch between the day and night profiles?
You have 'normal', 'full time' and 'schedule' but none seems to automatically change between the day settings and night settings.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
New firmware also did not actually fix the bug. I'm still left with a camera that won't switch between day and night mode automatically.
Can anyone confirm if this firmware fixes this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fair point.

I upgrade the firmware. But what setting should I work with to have the camera switch between the day and night profiles?
You have 'normal', 'full time' and 'schedule' but none seems to automatically change between the day settings and night settings.
This is the historic issue with Dahua Profile management; it has not worked since I started here in early 2017. This is addresss in the Cliff Notes in the Wiki.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you get around the auto switching between night amd day?

AR22

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this firmware also works for chinese versions or just the english?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I documented some changes going from firmware version 2017-11-10 to version 2018-03-30 for Dahua cam HDW231R-Z in the attached PDF. I'm running some cams on the older version and some cams on the newer. So far I have not had any issues with firmware 2018-03-30, but it is still early for me to draw any conclusions. I'll see I have any issue in long the term.
I am going to assimilate this info into the cliff notes, crediting you.

I am just going to modify it so it is clear which screenshots are from 18R and from 23R, and making sure each respective change is on the same page so it’s easier to follow the differences.

Wolle2018

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys

Here we go for the latest new firmware (with Dahua logo )for the IPC-HxW5XXX, this suits for most cams we posted here, some guys not buy from us also can download here and upgrade your cams, no problem at all, lol.

Released date : 20180330, Version :V2.622.0000000.23.
This year, EPOE will be used for most eco Savy 3.0 and Ultra smart ones. So the IPC-HDW5231R-Z will not available from now on,but i still have some stock, so still can process the orders.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE
IPC-HDXX42XX-XX also use this firmware, such as IPC-HDW4231EM-AS/ASE, IPC-HDBW4231F-AS, IPC-HDBW4231E-AS/ASE

I also have firmware for NVR5216-4ks2 Mulit-languages now, but only can send who bought from us, i will put the English firmware with dahua logo here when i have time.
Any guys require no logo firmware for the cams and the NVR, just send me message.

Andy

Hi Andy,
does that Firmware work for HDBW5830E-P , too?
kind regards

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am going to assimilate this info into the cliff notes, crediting you.

I am just going to modify it so it is clear which screenshots are from 18R and from 23R, and making sure each respective change is on the same page so it’s easier to follow the differences.

Please share, thanks for getting it in your notes. Note that the screenshots in my note apply for all three models DH-IPC-HDW4231EM-AS, DH-IPC-HDW5231R-Z, DH-IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.

raidflex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there any new firmware for the 5231R-ZE, I am currently on the 3-30 version? I suspect I may have an issue with the camera though because I noticed the right side and bottom left are always blurry, and no matter of focusing helps either.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there any new firmware for the 5231R-ZE, I am currently on the 3-30 version? I suspect I may have an issue with the camera though because I noticed the right side and bottom left are always blurry, and no matter of focusing helps either.
20180523 Firmware for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea

If focus is out that's potentially the lens mount isn't flat against the sensor.