New firmware for IPC-HXX5231XX Released on 201711

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you do a default reset after updating the firmware, does this wipe out all the customized settings I have made (frame rate, IVS, etc)? Is there a way to save the settings to return to that configuration after the reset? I would hate to have to manually redo the settings on each of my cameras.
You can export your configuration settings before doing the reset, then reimport them after.

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here are the latest new firmware for updating for, normally we not send the latest new ones to anyone, but i love this place, people help each other. Try to use dropbox, but China blocked it, so have to make a new post.
When updating, please not move the camera till it reboot, and make a default again when you finish the updating.

IPC-HDW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HFW5231E-Z/Z5/Z12/ZE/Z5E/Z12E
IPC-HDBW5231R-Z/ZE
IPC-HDBW5231E-Z/ZE

Suit for all IPC-HXX5XX-XX original english models, hacked models can't use this to update.
Andy
Hey Andy,
What's the differences between the two firmware files? Thx.

Reaction score
Hey Andy,
What's the differences between the two firmware files? Thx.
This one is PAL (General_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.18.R.20171110) firmware and the other NTSC (DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.18.R.20171110).

The Cams are digital, so it doesn't really matter which one you use. If your camera now is PAL, stick with it.

If you don't know the difference between PAL and NTSC, Google it.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HI Bazooka

From the screen shot Oblar did it appears that all of those configurations will revert to default ( IP and User management is maintained on the "Default" - "Default factory" goes back to all defaults from factory )
Note that reconnecting to the camera may be problematic if you have a subnet that is not 192.168.1.X, as the default IP address for these cameras is 192.168.1.108. There may also be IP conflicts if they do have their network in the same subnet.

This is where the Dahua ConfigTool will come in handy.

Keep in mind this post-firmware upgrade default process has been proven to fix issues on many occasions, so it should be considered mandatory after a firmware update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks I updated the firmware on both of my IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Cameras and everything seemed fine... but I was forced to download and install the plug-in call webplugin.exe to get my video back online. This works fine for these two, but when I select my Dahua SD49225T-HN it forces me to download and install the plug-in for it. If I download the plugin for the SD49225T-HN then I can't view the HDW5231R-ZE without redownloading it's plugin. I did not have this problem before. I am using Chrome with IE Tab. Any suggestions?
upload_2018-1-28_21-36-59.png

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Gotta sticky this comment
I’ve been having consistent successful results with pale moon and enabling web plugin upon prompt and reinstalling necessary plugin whenever prompt appears followed by force closing and restarting browser

As long as web browser version remains unchanged, I’m not being prompt to reinstall plugin

Been working consistency, IETab is last resort

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What about using the Dahua ConfigTool instead?

Is the IE Tab extension for Chrome a last resort due to security?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
By the way, IE Tab extension Chrome follows out-of-date security protocols which have long been patched within Microsoft's Edge browser. I'd steer away from IE Tab as its equally susceptible as the long expired, but once belloved Internet Explorer 6 (works alongside with ActiveX controls which predate IE 7 and IE 8), :D

lol.PNG

What about using the Dahua ConfigTool instead?

Is the IE Tab extension for Chrome a last resort due to security?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any thoughts on using the Dahua Smart PSS software?

Also, I noticed there is an x64 version of Pale Moon, but you specifically mentioned x86. I think most would just use the universal Windows Installer, so any input on that also?

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Smart PSS works great for me with 4 different Dahua DVR/NVR systems. Able to view and manage the basics with ease. I'm not using it to record, simly for viewing and basic management.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta sticky this comment
I’ve been having consistent successful results with pale moon and enabling web plugin upon prompt and reinstalling necessary plugin whenever prompt appears followed by force closing and restarting browser

As long as web browser version remains unchanged, I’m not being prompt to reinstall plugin

Been working consistency, IETab is last resort
I noticed there is an x64 version of Pale Moon, but you specifically mentioned x86. I think most would just use the universal Windows Installer, so any idea if it matters, or were you just reporting the specific version that worked for you?

Thanks.

Bazooka302

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I installed the new firmware after exporting my settings profile. Install went good, did a reset but when I tried to import my saved profile, it gave me a failed message. Not sure if there's some trick to get it to work. Also speaking of browsers and plugins, has anyone tried Firefox Quantum (58.0.1) with Dahua cameras. I'm using it on my computer at work and it seems faster so I'd like to use it on my home computers where I maintain my cameras and nvr. Right now I'm using Firefox ESR and all the plugins work.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try a different browser or the Dahua Smart PSS software?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it sure would be nice if there was a single app we could use to access our cams...this browser and plugin dance is a real joke...