New firmware for IPC-HXX5231XX Released on 201711

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. Fixed some bugs, they not list details.
2. Smart H.264 code rate
3. Password settings.
4. Cloud updating.

@EMPIRETECANDY
We don't upgrade firmware just because it is new and available. Can we get more details on what being fixed or improved with the new firmware? What is cloud updating and why it is being updated?
Thanks.

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The best policy is always if it's not broken, don't fix it. ;)

The best policy is always if it's not broken, don't fix it. ;)
I respectfully disagree with "if it's ain't broke, don't fix it". All software has bugs, and bug fixes are important as Murphy's law would play in if you don't fix them. Firmware upgrades clearly fix bugs and add new functions or features to your devices. I'm glad that Dahua does work to provide firmware upgrades that often. We just need to know the details so that we can selectively apply those firmware according to our needs.
Cheers,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with "if it's ain't broke, don't fix it". All software has bugs, and bug fixes are important as Murphy's law would play in if you don't fix them. Firmware upgrades clearly fix bugs and add new functions or features to your devices. I'm glad that Dahua does work to provide firmware upgrades that often. We just need to know the details so that we can selectively apply those firmware according to our needs.
Cheers,
and they introduce new bugs and sometimes actually remove features....unless there is a memory leak or similar, if you haven't seen the bug in a day or two it wont surface...many here suffer from a firmware OCD where they must have the latest...that is when Murphy's law kicks in and bites them in the ass.

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
and they introduce new bugs and sometimes actually remove features....unless there is a memory leak or similar, if you haven't seen the bug in a day or two it wont surface...many here suffer from a firmware OCD where they must have the latest...that is when Murphy's law kicks in and bites them in the ass.
Sounds a lot like Microsoft when they issue "emergency" patches to fix their update craps :)
That's another good reason to check out what's really is in the new firmware before you jump on it. There are still good reasons to apply bug fixes when they are deem necessary.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys, We are at Chinese new year holiday now till 24th, so guys contact me via email or PM here is better. Thanks. Andy

Reimo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks I updated the firmware on both of my IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Cameras and everything seemed fine... but I was forced to download and install the plug-in call webplugin.exe to get my video back online. This works fine for these two, but when I select my Dahua SD49225T-HN it forces me to download and install the plug-in for it. If I download the plugin for the SD49225T-HN then I can't view the HDW5231R-ZE without redownloading it's plugin. I did not have this problem before. I am using Chrome with IE Tab. Any suggestions?
View attachment 26143
Close Chrome browser
remove c:/Program Files/webrec and c:/Program Files (x86)/webrec folders
reinstall plugin

There are so many different Dahua Webservice plugins, that it generates problems sometimes - then just get rid of them and start over.

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've gone back to firmware 16.R and the card is again visible, I've formatted and it's recording again (on the 128GB card).

I'll have to come back to this later to see what format this working card is in but it would definitely suggest issues with firmware 18.R and 128GB microSD cards.
A quick question on the cards. How many days of recording (on avg) would a 64gb or 128gb provide?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A quick question on the cards. How many days of recording (on avg) would a 64gb or 128gb provide?
As the guys say it all depends on your bitrate and whether you're running VBR (variable bitrate) or CBR (constant bitrate).

I have a 128Gb microSD in mine and with it set to 6MBps & CBR I get around 39 hours on the card at all times.

I've got to admit I've been thinking of flipping over to VBR and seeing what difference that makes overall.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Actually I did change it to VBR and it's gone up to 45 hours in the same place.

Reaction score
I tested EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.18.R.20171110 version with IPC-HFW5231E but it's missing in the menu EVENT smart plan, IVS and Face detection line menu.
it only appeared in Event menu Video detection,Audio detection, alarm and abnormality.
Can anyone confirm that the IVS mode still works with this version?
maybe I forgot a reset :facepalm:
Thank you in advance.

PS. Sorry for my english ;)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I tested EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.18.R.20171110 version with IPC-HFW5231E but it's missing in the menu EVENT smart plan, IVS and Face detection line menu.
it only appeared in Event menu Video detection,Audio detection, alarm and abnormality.
Can anyone confirm that the IVS mode still works with this version?
maybe I forgot a reset :facepalm:
Thank you in advance.

PS. Sorry for my english ;)
you need to disable smart codec