Staff member
Reaction score

lloydz1

n3wb
Reaction score

lloydz1

n3wb
Reaction score
Damn it tried both, still not working anyone need any spares?

Has anyone ever successfully upgraded one of these (ds-2td1217-3/v1)?
I've got 3 of the DS-2TD1217B-3/PA and now I'm worried about trying to upgrade them.

I did take it down as I wanted to move the camera before I did the upgrade so maybe something came loose, but opened her up and all looks good so, surely this is software problem.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try factory resetting after updating firmware?

I only ever saw the NO VIDEO text when I had the sensor unplugged from the main board inside the camera. So I would recommend you try re-seating its ribbon cable from the main board.

If you think the thermal camera module might still be okay, there's a chance it is compatible with your other cameras, so you should keep it around in case the thermal calibration shutter stops working like it did with one of my cams.

lloydz1

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you try factory resetting after updating firmware?
Yes did that, no luck unfortunately

If you think the thermal camera module might still be okay, there's a chance it is compatible with your other cameras, so you should keep it around in case the thermal calibration shutter stops working like it did with one of my cams.
Cracking idea, will put it in a box out of the way as spares

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully you were upgrading because the firmware was known to provide or fix a problem you were having and not doing it just for kicks and to be on the most recent firmware....

Doesn't help you now, but most here believe in the "don't fix what ain't broke" mindset. Too many instances we see here where someone tries to update the firmware just for kicks and breaks their camera. Most here are running older firmware.

Hopefully you get it working again as a thermal camera without thermal sucks. And if you do get it working, don't every update it again LOL.

pipetawer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,

Has anyone got a working firmware for the DS-1217-3/V1?, I tried to upgrade one recently and now the thermal seems to be trashed, optical still working fine though.
I am not sure if I did something wrong here, but everything was fine before the upgrade.

Currently I'm on iptcs_h3_en_std_5.5.22_210702
But the thermal is toast :banghead:

here is the output of the thermal now.
View attachment 122083

Ive got the same Issue did anyone got this resolved???

pipetawer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey,

Has anyone got a working firmware for the DS-1217-3/V1?, I tried to upgrade one recently and now the thermal seems to be trashed, optical still working fine though.
I am not sure if I did something wrong here, but everything was fine before the upgrade.

Currently I'm on iptcs_h3_en_std_5.5.22_210702
But the thermal is toast :banghead:

here is the output of the thermal now.
View attachment 122083
Loyd, question. Did you have an SD card plugged in when you did the upgrade? What about afterwards?