New House, Camera positions.

Xavier6

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello from Italy,
I'm new to this fantastic forum. I've read the wiki and various posts. Really informative.
I'm building a new house and I'm near the point to the decide where to put all the corrugated pipes for cabling the camera points.

I can really need some major advice from the experts.

I understand that the advice on the cameras is for IPC-HDW5231R-ZE outside and IPC-HDBW4231F-AS for front door and some internal.

I'm attaching some images of the house and my hypothetically camera positioning.
My home is the north section of the duplex.The est 2 houses have a camera surveillance system, we are divided by a wall/net/hedge as it can be visible on the picture taken during the early phases of the construction.

Cam 1 & 2: may placed higher on poles as overview of the house ???
Cam 5: Front door for identification.
Cam 3 / 4 / 6: may be placed on walls lower than 8 feet as the wiki.

casa.jpg telecamere.jpg NORD.jpg EST.jpg WEST.jpg costr.jpg

Thanks,
Xavier

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello from Italy,
I'm new to this fantastic forum. I've read the wiki and various posts. Really informative.
I'm building a new house and I'm near the point to the decide where to put all the corrugated pipes for cabling the camera points.

I can really need some major advice from the experts.

I understand that the advice on the cameras is for IPC-HDW5231R-ZE outside and IPC-HDBW4231F-AS for front door and some internal.

I'm attaching some images of the house and my hypothetically camera positioning.
My home is the north section of the duplex.The est 2 houses have a camera surveillance system, we are divided by a wall/net/hedge as it can be visible on the picture taken during the early phases of the construction.

Cam 1 & 2: may placed higher on poles as overview of the house ???
Cam 5: Front door for identification.
Cam 3 / 4 / 6: may be placed on walls lower than 8 feet as the wiki.

View attachment 36943 View attachment 36944 View attachment 36945 View attachment 36949 View attachment 36950 View attachment 36951

Thanks,
Xavier
Welcome @Xavier6 ,

Assuming you will have similar issues as we do here in the USA:

3+ cat6 cables by the front door - one for a camera at eye level, one for a intercom doorbell type device, one for something in the future.

I like one camera on each side of the garage door - at about 6-8 feet high. ( maybe that is about 1.8-2.2 M high )

Thus 2+ cat6 cables to each side of the garage door. ( 2x 2+ cables )

More details in the cliff notes - so do check there.

Xavier6

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Mat,

I've read cliff notes some times.

I updated the draft and the placements, I don't know if the old n.6 was useful and moved on the front for now.
telecamere.jpg

No considering the Intercom doorbell device that is going to be placed outside the gate.

I'm a newbie with cameras, I don't know if anything like the below make sense:
1,2,4 may be IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
3,5,6 may be IPC-HDBW4231F-AS ( 2.8mm ) as the short distances we are talking about, front of the house/fence is 4,28m. The arrows show the pedestrians path. I imagine 5, 6 for identification ?!

Xavier

Xavier6

n3wb
Reaction score
Happy New Year @mat200

You sure did, thanks! Does the new cameras position make sense or would you add some camera or change something ?
I'm also would like an advice on the type of cameras to install as the distances to cover aren't big as I've wrote and I'm a totally noob.
I really don't know the final result of having a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE vs IPC-HDBW4231F-AS in my situation.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Happy New Year @mat200

You sure did, thanks! Does the new cameras position make sense or would you add some camera or change something ?
I'm also would like an advice on the type of cameras to install as the distances to cover aren't big as I've wrote and I'm a totally noob.
I really don't know the final result of having a IPC-HDW5231R-ZE vs IPC-HDBW4231F-AS in my situation.
HI @Xavier6

You're going to need to test some of your positions and locations.

There also are a number of others who have similar new home setups and others here have volunteered to help them on suggestions - so you'll want to see what others have commented and contributed to those discussions.

As volunteers - we really do not have time to give everyone too much hand holding on this and thus you'll want to review the cliff notes.

Remember, I like to over cable - and recommend you do so while the building is created to maximize your opportunities in the future, as often you will want to add one more camera some place.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Happy New Year @mat200

As found in the cliff notes: IPVM Camera Calculator V3 keeping PPF>100
At this point in time, these two cams are hard to beat in most situations.
Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE
If you don't need audio, this cam is $50 cheaper Review-Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal

At the front door, mounted at 6ft, this cam works well with a 2.8mm lense.
IPC-HDBW4231F-AS | Dahua Technology

Xavier6

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just an heads up. The new house is almost done :)

are still IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and IPC-HDBW4231F-AS the cameras to go in my situation? or should I review other models ?

Thank you very much!!!

@EMPIRETECANDY can I ask you a quotation?