new newb seeking advice on software

Authemis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just signed up because i have exhausted all my sources and need both help and opinions.
Having issues with my programs. Ivms 4200, or Blue Iris

Equipment:
Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I (x14)
Hikvision DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 (x4)
HikvisionDS-2DE4220-AE (x3)
Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IS (x9)
Buffalo Gigibit switch w/poe BSGS2016P (x2)
All cabling cat6 compliant
Computer Intel Xeon E5-2650v3 @2.3ghz 10 core 20 thread, dual gigibit lans each feeding one switch. Network utilization is at 15-20%
128gb ram /windows 7 64bit /24gb hard drives raided (striped with 4gig drives)
Processor use 25-45%

I have been trying for a few months to get this system to work for me with IVMS4200. Biggest complaint is on video wall the cameras go out of sync, where one camera is minutes behind another. I have not been able to correct this. If you have any suggestions that would be great. Generally this program seems buggy

Also am considering just dumping IVMS for Blue Iris. I downloaded the eval copy and have installed most my cameras. I am noticing heavy frame droppage and eratic operation of my 3 pan zoom tilts. Is this better in the paid version or am i overwhelming the program? I do not have the frame droppage issue in Ivms.

I am also open to suggestion of other programs to use, but my budget is limited as i spent a crap load on the equipment listed above and was planning on relying on Ivms in that budget.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You must install the blue iris license key and set camera to record direct to disc.. Record Tab > file format ... direct disk does not work in the demo and therefore you are experiencing problems... also you must match the iframe interval in the camera to the frames per second in the camera or you will experience dropped frames

Last edited:

Authemis

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. So it is something that can be corrected if i purchase BI. any thoughts on the erratic PTZs? Or correcting the constant loss of syncing on ivms?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. So it is something that can be corrected if i purchase BI. any thoughts on the erratic PTZs? Or correcting the constant loss of syncing on ivms?
Yes. As far as ptz I have no idea, but blue iris has never had an issue controlling hikvision ptz...it could be a settings issue etc...
Dont know how to fix your ivms problem....