New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

bigrob444

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Kind of wished I knew of this UniFi gear (Access & UVC-G4) before I bought the EZVIZ-DB1, ROFL. I've been wanting to put in a UniFi Router or Dream Machine and UniFi Cams and UniFi APs, and this is just another thing to send me their way, just wow!

Do you have access to the doorbell from a cell phone android/Apple.

There is a UniFi G4 Thread we should probably take this to after those responses since I think everyone here would want to know these answers. Ubiquiti UniFi Protect G4 Doorbell Coming Soon
I went with all the Unifi cameras because of the doorbell honestly. I wanted 1 app to see ALL of my cameras.
Yes Protect is a App for iOS and Android (works great).
I am now in that thread and will not derail this thread any longer.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looked into Ubiquiti, very nice networking equip. but when I had all my switches in cart, was able to get a TP-Link Smart network for a third of the cost. Not putting Ubi down, it just was not something I could justify. Really amazed at the speed of these new smart switches and pfSense Rocks!!! Thank you Pete...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looked into Ubiquiti, very nice networking equip. but when I had all my switches in cart, was able to get a TP-Link Smart network for a third of the cost. Not putting Ubi down, it just was not something I could justify. Really amazed at the speed of these new smart switches and pfSense Rocks!!! Thank you Pete...

yes pfSense is nice!

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
256 GB
CS-DB1-A0-1B3WPFR
Kingston
Kingston 256GB
Kingston 128GB
Kingston 32GB
Kingston 64GB
Samsung
Samsung 256GB
Samsung 64GB
Samsung EVO 128GB
Samsung EVO 32GB
Samsung EVO Plus 128GB
Samsung EVO Plus 256GB
Samsung PRO 128GB
Samsung PRO 64GB
Samsung PRO 32GB
SanDisk
SanDisk 64GB
SanDisk 32GB
SanDisk Extreme 128GB
SanDisk Extreme 256GB
SanDisk Extreme 64GB
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB
SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB
SanDisk Ultra 128GB
SanDisk Ultra 256GB
SanDisk Ultra 64GB
SanDisk Ultra 32GB

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Why can’t my 256G micro SD card work with the camera normally while 256G micro SD card support is in EZVIZ website display?

Please note that only partial devices have 256G micro SD card support function including C1C, C2C, C6CN, C3W, C3WN, C6T. Meanwhile the firmware needs to be updated to V5.2.7 or higher. Or else only 128G micro SD card or smaller can be supported.

The CURRENT EZVIZDB1 UK & USA firmware is 5.2.4 so I'm not sure support is there even though they say it is.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Frankiej
· 3 months ago
Can it fit a 256gb mirco sd card?
1answer

Answer this Question
  1. EZVIZ Product Expert Not sure if this is a EZVIZ employee!!
    · 3 months ago

With the new Firmware upgrade - This device should support 256GB SD card

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Frankiej
· 3 months ago
Can it fit a 256gb mirco sd card?
1answer

Answer this Question
  1. EZVIZ Product Expert Not sure if this is a EZVIZ employee!!
    · 3 months ago

With the new Firmware upgrade - This device should support 256GB SD card
Don't trust them. I tried a 256GB Samung EVO a couple months ago and didn't work for my RCA doorbell variant. I contacted Ezviz support back then who said it should work even though I know that my 256GB card works in their Ezviz Orion camera. It's probably firmware that needs to be updated so will wait until the next firmware releases to pop in the 256GB card again.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't trust them. I tried a 256GB Samung EVO a couple months ago and didn't work for my RCA doorbell variant. I contacted Ezviz support back then who said it should work even though I know that my 256GB card works in their Ezviz Orion camera. It's probably firmware that needs to be updated so will wait until the next firmware releases to pop in the 256GB card again.
me too, just trying to lay out the facts. you said earlier it doesn't work and my Sandisk MAX Endurance 256GB is doing the same thing as yours is, making 2 128GB FAT32 partitions and failing init!

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
me too, just trying to lay out the facts. you said earlier it doesn't work and my Sandisk MAX Endurance 256GB is doing the same thing as yours is, making 2 128GB FAT32 partitions and failing init!
Yep. I even tried formatting via IMVS and other Ezviz tools to see if it would work but same results. Fortunately for me, my primary recording is done on my NVR so the 128GB is good enough for now on the doorbell until firmware allows it in the future.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
3.5k posts about a door bell. How good can they be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I went with the RCA variant instead of Ring or Nest doorbells as it fits our budget until there is a POE/ONVIF/Alexa/Google doorbell that is under $100 with no monthly fees in the future. It plays well with my NVR5216-4KS2 NVR via ONVIF and/or RTSP. Also recently swapped out my in-laws old Ring doorbell a couple months ago and they are liking the Ezviz DB1 variant AND now no longer have monthly fees to deal with.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
3.5k posts about a door bell. How good can they be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We hear you. This DB rocks. Many, many changes since its release. So many we have a huge sticky of info in our Doorbell 101, page 101.

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep. I even tried formatting via IMVS and other Ezviz tools to see if it would work but same results. Fortunately for me, my primary recording is done on my NVR so the 128GB is good enough for now on the doorbell until firmware allows it in the future.
I also tried under linux formatting the 256GB SD card as 1 FAT32, as 1 exFAT, as 2 FAT32, & as 1 FAT32 and second part Not Formatted. Nothing works, the doorbell wants to init it no matter what and when it does it sets up 2 FAT32 drives.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I also tried under linux formatting the 256GB SD card as 1 FAT32, as 1 exFAT, as 2 FAT32, & as 1 FAT32 and second part Not Formatted. Nothing works, the doorbell wants to init it no matter what and when it does it sets up 2 FAT32 drives.
Yep, been there done that with linux disk tools as well as all of my windows disk tools before I contacted Ezviz tech support. I'm sure once there are a lot of customer requests for 256GB support for longer timeframe before videos get overwritten they'll update firmware to support the 256GB cards.

Pliable Pixels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I wish the DB1 had a way of reducing the bell volume. There is only a way to either disable the sound or enable it. If I disable it, the UPS folks keep pressing it wondering if it works :cool:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wish the DB1 had a way of reducing the bell volume. There is only a way to either disable the sound or enable it. If I disable it, the UPS folks keep pressing it wondering if it works :cool:
Yeah it is pretty loud. My neighbors are answering their doors when our DB button is pressed :)