New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can use Kodi as a Plex client. I think Kodi has a Plex plugin
I know, but it makes no sense for me. Plex client is more than enough. And I also solved the problem with my Atmos soundbar, Kodi required patches and custom things in order to solve a lot of issues. With NVIDIA Shield and Plex I don't need to do anything, it's really plug&play. But I enjoyed my years with XBMC/KODI. :)

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is the DIY for integration. Note this one of two. The second one uses a Curl command. This one was written for Foscams and works fine with the Hikvision Doorbell.

Here the KODI boxes are STB's and connect to HD Homerun boxes and do fine with Amazon AOD and NetFlix. I have shut off the built in Roku on my TVs these days.

Download Kodi plugin here ==>

Surveillance Room add-on

From the command line test it by logging in to your KODI box and typing:

ssh kodi_username@kodi_ip_address 'kodi-send -a "kodi.RunPlugin(plugin:/plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_num ber=1)"'

Here using an onvif2mqtt plugin running in Docker to detect the doorbell motion detector and a zone trigger when pressing the doorbell (via the OmniPro 2 panel).

Just configure an event in Homeseer or Home Assistant to get triggered via motion or doorbell ring then run the command line above via a script.

I just tested this to work fine. You can create a pop up preview any size any place on your Kodi screen (well like bottom right).

Another way to do this is to create a stream file in your video list and make it a playlist.

nano cam1.strm

with this one line or whatever line you utilize to RTSP stream from your camera.

rtsp:/username:password@ipaddress/PSIA/Streaming/Channels/101

create a media source in Kodi.

Go to Videos / Files / Add vid Create Kodi playlist:

Open the newly created media source in the menu videos… / Browse / Windows network (SMB) / Select directory with cam1.strm in it

Press the left arrow key to open the left side menu

Then select “Go to playlist”Go to Videos / Playlists / Click cam1.m3u

The camera stream should open fullscreen in Kodi

Click Save and enter the playlist name “cam1”

Test play list in browser

hxxp:/kodi_ip_address:8080/jsonrpc?request={“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“method”:“Player.Open”,“par ams”:{“options”:{“shuffled”:false,“repeat”:“off”},“item”:{“f ile”:“special:/profile/playlists/video/cam1.m3u”}},“id”:“1”}

Test command line in Linux (remotely)

curl -i -X POST -H “Content-Type: application/json” -d ‘{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“method”:“Player.Open”,“params”:{“options” :{“shuffled”:false,“repeat”:“off”},“item”:{“file”:“special:/profile/playlists/video/cam1.m3u”}},“id”:“1”}’
Now add the command above to a Homeseer event which triggers via doorbell ring or doorbell motion.

ciphershort

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You cannot add the Ezviz DB1 camera to your Synology using the normal way. But you must connect to your Synology using SSH.

1) First open a SSH connection to your Synology.
2) Create a new file for example : Ezviz-DB1.conf It should be placed in /var/packages/SurveillanceStation/target/device_pack/camera_support
3) Change the ownership of the file to the same user and group of the other conf files in my case that is SurveillanceStation:SurveillanceStation
4) Edit the Ezviz-DB1.conf file with sudo vi
5) Paste the following lines into the conf file:

[Ezviz*DB1]
api = custom
resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
default_resolution_h264 = 2048x1536
fps_h264_2048x1536 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
fps_h264_1280x720 = 5,10,15,20,25,30
default_fps_h264_2048x1536 = 15
default_image-quality = 5

h264 = rtsp
mpeg4 = rtsp
mjpeg = rtsp
motion = h264,mpeg4,mjpeg

motion_param = sensitivity,threshold
rtsp_keepalive = none
rtsp_protocol = auto,udp,tcp

6) Save and close the file

7) Now go to the Surveillance Station management page
8) Add a new camera. Complete Setup.
9)
Brand: Ezviz
Camera Model: DB1
Port: 554
Username: admin
Password: Activation code of your doorbell
10) Next
11) In the next screen (Video) i did not change anything
12) In the Recording settings. You can change what suits you
13) In the Schedule settings i only use Motion Detection. But Continuous also works fine.
14) Once the camera is added. Now you have to edit the camera
15) In Device Settings go to the Advanced tab
Transport protocol: udp
Streaming Information Source: Streaming
16) Every setting where you can choose the quality i have chosen High Quality.
17) It should work now

When you first add your camera the "live preview" is still not visible but when you click on it you see the live stream. I do see a the small live preview but that was after i exported the config. Made some changes to the stream paths and imported the camera config again.

I hope it is clear enough.
Just started the whole IP cam thing at the house on a Synology DS918+ with the EZVIZ DB1. Before I found this thread, I had the stream working using a "User Defined" RTSP URL as follows:

admin : password@IP_ADDR:554/H.264 (source)

I wanted a more official setup so I followed the directions here and got the config file created and working. I did, however, have to stop and restart the Surveillance Station package before the DB1 would show up in the dropdown (may need to include that in the 101?). Once I added the camera with all the settings changed, live view does not work, but recording seems to be unaffected. When I go to any screen showing a live view I get the "The video format of this camera is not supported" error (see attached images). I also don't seem to get audio as well which is probably something else entirely. Any ideas? For now, I'm switching back to my user defined RTSP URL, but would like the other option to work to satisfy my OCD.

Attachments

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just started the whole IP cam thing at the house on a Synology DS918+ with the EZVIZ DB1. Before I found this thread, I had the stream working using a "User Defined" RTSP URL as follows:

I wanted a more official setup so I followed the directions here and got the config file created and working. I did, however, have to stop and restart the Surveillance Station package before the DB1 would show up in the dropdown (may need to include that in the 101?). Once I added the camera with all the settings changed, live view does not work, but recording seems to be unaffected. When I go to any screen showing a live view I get the "The video format of this camera is not supported" error (see attached images). I also don't seem to get audio as well which is probably something else entirely. Any ideas? For now, I'm switching back to my user defined RTSP URL, but would like the other option to work to satisfy my OCD.
The custom script is not the way to go, either setup a custom RTSP stream the way you did it or put a ONVIF firmware on the camera and then put the camera into the system with ONVIF

ciphershort

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't fix what's not broke!
Ok good to know. I just wasn’t sure if the custom device conf gave any additional options. I’ll just leave it with what I have. I don’t suppose there’s any way to get the DB1’s motion sensor to trigger the activity instead of Surveillance Station analyzing the video is there?

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok good to know. I just wasn’t sure if the custom device conf gave any additional options. I’ll just leave it with what I have. I don’t suppose there’s any way to get the DB1’s motion sensor to trigger the activity instead of Surveillance Station analyzing the video is there?
I think you need a ONVIF firmware and have to set it up in SS with ONVIF to make that work, for now you'll have to use SS motion detection

ciphershort

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think you need a ONVIF firmware and have to set it up in SS with ONVIF to make that work, for now you'll have to use SS motion detection
Ok I'll look into that. Not sure if it's worth it. The SS motion detection seems to be doing a good job for now.

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is the DIY for integration. Note this one of two. The second one uses a Curl command. This one was written for Foscams and works fine with the Hikvision Doorbell.

Here the KODI boxes are STB's and connect to HD Homerun boxes and do fine with Amazon AOD and NetFlix. I have shut off the built in Roku on my TVs these days.

Download Kodi plugin here ==>

Surveillance Room add-on

From the command line test it by logging in to your KODI box and typing:

ssh kodi_username@kodi_ip_address 'kodi-send -a "kodi.RunPlugin(plugin:/plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=show_preview&camera_num ber=1)"'

Here using an onvif2mqtt plugin running in Docker to detect the doorbell motion detector and a zone trigger when pressing the doorbell (via the OmniPro 2 panel).

Just configure an event in Homeseer or Home Assistant to get triggered via motion or doorbell ring then run the command line above via a script.

I just tested this to work fine. You can create a pop up preview any size any place on your Kodi screen (well like bottom right).

Another way to do this is to create a stream file in your video list and make it a playlist.

nano cam1.strm

with this one line or whatever line you utilize to RTSP stream from your camera.

rtsp:/username:password@ipaddress/PSIA/Streaming/Channels/101

create a media source in Kodi.

Go to Videos / Files / Add vid Create Kodi playlist:

Open the newly created media source in the menu videos… / Browse / Windows network (SMB) / Select directory with cam1.strm in it

Press the left arrow key to open the left side menu

Then select “Go to playlist”Go to Videos / Playlists / Click cam1.m3u

The camera stream should open fullscreen in Kodi

Click Save and enter the playlist name “cam1”

Test play list in browser

hxxp:/kodi_ip_address:8080/jsonrpc?request={“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“method”:“Player.Open”,“par ams”:{“options”:{“shuffled”:false,“repeat”:“off”},“item”:{“f ile”:“special:/profile/playlists/video/cam1.m3u”}},“id”:“1”}

Test command line in Linux (remotely)

curl -i -X POST -H “Content-Type: application/json” -d ‘{“jsonrpc”:“2.0”,“method”:“Player.Open”,“params”:{“options” :{“shuffled”:false,“repeat”:“off”},“item”:{“file”:“special:/profile/playlists/video/cam1.m3u”}},“id”:“1”}’
Now add the command above to a Homeseer event which triggers via doorbell ring or doorbell motion.
Thanks @pete_c

Is the following portion configured in the addon, or, does it require further knowledge?

" You can create a pop up preview any size any place on your Kodi screen (well like bottom right). "

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alexdelprete I've reset my doorbell to factory defaults en configured my doorbell from scratch with the Hikvision Firmware in the Ezviz App. That all went fine. But the problem in the Batch Config tool persists, so no live view in the image settings and motion detecion area.

I have tested it on a Windows 10 vm installation running in Vmware workstation and on a Windows 10 virtual machine running on ESXi. Both have the issue.

So i grabbed my son's laptop with WIndows 10 and there it works fine in the Batch tool. So the issue is related to the video card/driver. Because in both virtual machines a simple video card is used and in my son's laptop a Intel HD card. To test it on my laptop i created a Windows To Go usb thumb drive with a Windows 10 installation. After the installation was finished a Microsoft basic video adapter was installed by default. And live view was not working in the Batch tool. After that i've installed the Intel HD videocard drivers and it works.

Do you notice any differences in using motion detection on your doorbell instead of your Synology?

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

The best option for adding the doorbell to SS with all the options is to install a firmware with ONVIF support. Then you have all the extra options you need. A year ago when i bought this doorbell cam i was not able to add it to SS using the user defined RTSP option. So i did some research and found a similar topic on another forum that was for a totally different camera but i tried to get it to work with the Ezviz DB1. But nowadays with all the different vendor firmwares we can use its the best option to pick one with ONVIF support.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
" You can create a pop up preview any size any place on your Kodi screen (well like bottom right). "

In the Kodi plugin settings there are size and position preview settings. It is also for multiple cameras and can use sound from the camera to trigger the pop up without any external trigger. There are also settings for MJPG which which worked with the old Foscam IP cameras and are not used with the Hikvision doorbell.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tinkering this morning noticed that the overlay position is working fine. It would save but only would be seen in the default bottom position. Moved the overlay to the top of the screen area outside of the field of vision from the camera.

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Ezviz DB1 is currently still original. A nice feature of this firmware is the option to turn on/off the outdoor bell sound.
Screenshot_20200507-191737_EZVIZ.jpg
Do the onvif firmwares also have this option or is this exclusive to the Ezviz?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you shut off the outdoor bell sound? Do you utilize the Hikvision Batch configuration program or do you do it via the App?

From the above it looks like you are using the app.

The new Hikvision firmware show the volume controls for the speaker and Microphone and saves the settings but it appears not to shut off the volume.

Here it appears reduced in volume a bit but not much.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@alexdelprete I've reset my doorbell to factory defaults en configured my doorbell from scratch with the Hikvision Firmware in the Ezviz App. That all went fine. But the problem in the Batch Config tool persists, so no live view in the image settings and motion detecion area.

I have tested it on a Windows 10 vm installation running in Vmware workstation and on a Windows 10 virtual machine running on ESXi. Both have the issue.

So i grabbed my son's laptop with WIndows 10 and there it works fine in the Batch tool. So the issue is related to the video card/driver. Because in both virtual machines a simple video card is used and in my son's laptop a Intel HD card. To test it on my laptop i created a Windows To Go usb thumb drive with a Windows 10 installation. After the installation was finished a Microsoft basic video adapter was installed by default. And live view was not working in the Batch tool. After that i've installed the Intel HD videocard drivers and it works.

Do you notice any differences in using motion detection on your doorbell instead of your Synology?
I don't know if Live View functions use specific APIs/Libraries that you don't have installed or updated. I'm thinking about Directx/OpenGL or those kind of things. It's weird. Should check the prerequirements of the batch config tool, I don't know if there is a manual because I never needed it. It has worked on 3 different systems for me: 2 notebooks and the MS Surface Pro.

I'm using motion detection on the camera because I don't want to put more load on the NAS. Check the help of Surveillance Station, there's a lot of info.

1588873404563.png