New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
EZVIZ just released an iOS app update.

Not sure what it fixes and I am at work so I can't test the doorbell alert to see if preview work without mic enabled when loaded.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm sounds like they just do not want you to use the same account.

goldbond

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received an email from RCA support indicating I need to: "unblocked ports 6001 to 6004 unblocked and ports 8000 to 10000 unblocked. " in order for the HSDB2A to work. This seems like an absurd range. I ran into issues using EZViz notifications similar to RCA app where both db worked for about an hour then 1 or both die as far as notifications. However, I can easily access both cameras to view within a second. Can you please confirm that the ports required are:

In order to view the video from Ezviz app allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 6500, 7100 and 10554
In order to answer a ring call from Ezviz app allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 9664
For Streaming add a rule that allows traffic from your local_devices_ip TO all_internal_IP at port : 554
For Remote Access using (iVMS-4200 or Batch Configuration Tool) allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 8000

Am I missing anything else out?
--------------------
Update: Tried Guarding Vision, opened ports for each per below and so far receiving notifications. Need to test more as there are features missing like motion sensitivity.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
EZVIZ just released an iOS app update.

Not sure what it fixes and I am at work so I can't test the doorbell alert to see if preview work without mic enabled when loaded.

I did some testing tonight when I got home from work. It look like you can finally mute the mic before you answer the doorbell alert.

When someone ring the doorbell but you don't want your mic enabled - At the iPhone incoming notification screen, mute the mic first (mic icon) before you press the EZVIZ icon to bring up the live view.

I could be wrong since we are Deaf here but I had my wife tapping on table next to the iPhone and I felt no sound until she unmuted it then I felt the tapping sound on the doorbell.

I think it great they restore the mute function but still have to remember to get in the habit of pressing mute icon before you press the EZVIZ app icon on the iPhone notification screen.

Someone try this and let us know if that actually work.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just received an email from RCA support indicating I need to: "unblocked ports 6001 to 6004 unblocked and ports 8000 to 10000 unblocked. " in order for the HSDB2A to work. This seems like an absurd range. I ran into issues using EZViz notifications similar to RCA app where both db worked for about an hour then 1 or both die as far as notifications. However, I can easily access both cameras to view within a second. Can you please confirm that the ports required are:

In order to view the video from Ezviz app allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 6500, 7100 and 10554
In order to answer a ring call from Ezviz app allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 9664
For Streaming add a rule that allows traffic from your local_devices_ip TO all_internal_IP at port : 554
For Remote Access using (iVMS-4200 or Batch Configuration Tool) allow traffic from your local_devices_ip TO any external IP at port : 8000

Am I missing anything else out?
--------------------
Update: Tried Guarding Vision, opened ports for each per below and so far receiving notifications. Need to test more as there are features missing like motion sensitivity.
What i did is enabling upnp on the router for a little time and take a look at the ports that opened for the ipnr of the db. After this disable upnp again and leave the ports found open. If you want you can experiment by closing them one by one.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They did the same thing almost 2yrs ago unlinking backend accounts between RCA/LaView and Hikvision/Ezviz/etc. I think it has to do more with extra costs by preventing folks from traversing their Cloud Services gateway to Amazon Alexa/Google for free. My $0.02

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
It happening again .. when i try to playback, I am getting this message

Operation failed, failed to play device (245404)

Look like will have to add in a controlled outlet adapter so I can reboot the camera remotely afterall.

Not sure why it started doing this ...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

Look like will have to add in a controlled outlet adapter so I can reboot the camera remotely afterall.

Result from Google search bring up a EZVIZ support message with this information

245404 Code : if you are receiving this error code, that means your device is offline.

My DB1 is not offline and it working fine when viewing live ... I going to send an email to support ...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Result from Google search bring up a EZVIZ support message with this information

245404 Code : if you are receiving this error code, that means your device is offline.

My DB1 is not offline and it working fine when viewing live ... I going to send an email to support ...
I spoke with support today.

I am able to playback again without having to power cycle the DB1 but they are not sure why sometime playback give me this error and then resume playback if I waited a bit longer. It possible my access point is acting up so I will have to check my access point when I get home.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

You can reboot it remotely, via software (Batch Config).

Anyway, I think you might have power or wifi issues. Check both.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
You can reboot it remotely, via software (Batch Config).

Anyway, I think you might have power or wifi issues. Check both.
i am still at work but after thinking about it for a bit, I am leaning toward more to wifi access point.

A couple of week ago, I installed a new wifi access point in my finished basement. The ceiling mounted wifi upstair where the DB1 first connected to is about 10 feet away and the new one I installed in basement also ceiling mounted is about 14 feet away from the DB1. It's possible that DB1 is hopping signal between the two access point now.

I may have to tune down the signal power on the access point in the basement to prevent the DB! from signal hopping to it which is weaker since it further away from it and through the wooden floor to the basement.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i am still at work but after thinking about it for a bit, I am leaning toward more to wifi access point.

A couple of week ago, I installed a new wifi access point in my finished basement. The ceiling mounted wifi upstair where the DB1 first connected to is about 10 feet away and the new one I installed in basement also ceiling mounted is about 14 feet away from the DB1. It's possible that DB1 is hopping signal between the two access point now.

I may have to tune down the signal power on the access point in the basement to prevent the DB! from signal hopping to it which is weaker since it further away from it and through the wooden floor to the basement.
Check if your AP that you don't want the DB1 to connect to, provides a security functionality that blocks devices from connecting to it analyzing their MAC address. Basically it's a blacklist, so once you put in there the MAC of the DB1, it won't connect to it and you force it to connect to the other one.

This is one of the reasons I don't recommend simple APs but a true mesh network.

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For a single doorbell I find the Eziv app works far better than the HIK - and the layout/nav is much more intuative.

rpbl

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently I bought an HIKVision DS-HD1 for myself & my friend bought an Ezviz DB1 (on special at Bestbuy Canada $129) so both are virtually the same thing. Since my house have intercom only & no door chime, so I need to look into one. I first installed mine without door chime. My friend's house have a NuTone Model BK120NBWH chime installed by the builder. I hooked it up with the power kit & tried it out. No sound on the chime (app was set to mechanical chime). a few days later we finally decided to finish the wiring and the chime was working fine. I first installed a Hampton Bay Model # CH-7612-02 electronic wire/wireless chime (one of the authorized chime) but I don't like the sound of it . Finally bought a Heath Zenith model # SL-27102-01 from Home Depot, installed it & it works just fine. (change to mechanical inside the app, we both use HIKconnect since we both have HIKVision NVR). Both unit also hooked up to out NVR for recording.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just a quickie FYI.

Noticed yesterday that ONVIF JPG captures quit working yesterday.

I did change one setting that seemed glued to the ONVIF configuration. This was the time zone setting. It kept going back to China. The batch configuration program showed the correct time zone. It seems to be OK now.

I only utilize JPG capture for my Leviton OmniPro Touchscreens / Homeseer (very old now). Went to batch config and in the options noticed that ONVIF was not available.

Rebooted via batch configuration and all is well.

Teefussurf

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried finding an answer via Search but couldn't find the solution, looking for help.

I have the EZVIZ DB1, and flashed it with LaView firmware a few months back, had it working without issue for a few months. A few weeks ago I noticed it was offline, and the ring was blinking blue. Been trying to get it to reconnect to wifi but unsuccessfully, so tried doing a reset by removing the front plate and pressing and holding the reset button. The issue is, when I try to reset via the EZVIZ iOS app, it eventually prompts me to join the device's wifi network "EZVIZ_D95207759" but since its on Laview firmware the network the device is pushing out is called "Laview_D95207759". I am able to manually join the Laview network via iOS Settings, but then get an error in the EZVIZ app since I'm not on the wifi network it's expecting. I tried downloading the Laview app and going through its Add Device procedure but it seems to be working a different way and isn't recognizing the QR code printed on my DB1.

Also tried cutting the power to device to reset it and hope it rejoin my home network, but just came back same flashing blue light.

Anyone have experience with solving this? Worried my device is totally bricked. Was hoping since I could connect to device wifi (Laview_D95207759) on my MacBook, I might be able to reflash with Batch Config, but doesn't seem to bring up the device. Also saw the HikVision tool to help recover it, but seems that's Windows only and I don't have access to a Windows machine. Thanks all!

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Check if your AP that you don't want the DB1 to connect to, provides a security functionality that blocks devices from connecting to it analyzing their MAC address. Basically it's a blacklist, so once you put in there the MAC of the DB1, it won't connect to it and you force it to connect to the other one.

This is one of the reasons I don't recommend simple APs but a true mesh network.
It's connecting the AP I wanted it to connect so it's something else. I know about the blacklist or block but I wanted to avoid this because it that AP goes down for any reason then it still have next closest AP to connect to.

I know it most likely not the power transformer. I am using a 16VC 30A transformer and whenever I get that error, the doorbell press and motion alert and live view still work fine. I can even see the screenshot of the motion alert but when I select to playback the recording for it, this is when the error pop up however it still continue to work.

The recording is still being written to scandisk but I can't playback until I do a power cycle. It's a bug somewhere.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tried finding an answer via Search but couldn't find the solution, looking for help.

I have the EZVIZ DB1, and flashed it with LaView firmware a few months back, had it working without issue for a few months. A few weeks ago I noticed it was offline, and the ring was blinking blue. Been trying to get it to reconnect to wifi but unsuccessfully, so tried doing a reset by removing the front plate and pressing and holding the reset button. The issue is, when I try to reset via the EZVIZ iOS app, it eventually prompts me to join the device's wifi network "EZVIZ_D95207759" but since its on Laview firmware the network the device is pushing out is called "Laview_D95207759". I am able to manually join the Laview network via iOS Settings, but then get an error in the EZVIZ app since I'm not on the wifi network it's expecting. I tried downloading the Laview app and going through its Add Device procedure but it seems to be working a different way and isn't recognizing the QR code printed on my DB1.

Also tried cutting the power to device to reset it and hope it rejoin my home network, but just came back same flashing blue light.

Anyone have experience with solving this? Worried my device is totally bricked. Was hoping since I could connect to device wifi (Laview_D95207759) on my MacBook, I might be able to reflash with Batch Config, but doesn't seem to bring up the device. Also saw the HikVision tool to help recover it, but seems that's Windows only and I don't have access to a Windows machine. Thanks all!
You are not bricked, blue flashing is just your Doorbell not connected to your WIFi, so I would try rafale's solution, if it does not work, alexdelprete also has a step-by-step but it is more geared towards first time firmware installs.

From our 101:

⦁ RESETTING Your Doorbell (THIS MAY NO LONGER APPLY 06-2020 see below Step-by-Step by alexdelprete); If you have changed your Doorbell's firmware to another brand's firmware (ex. You own a RCA Doorbell but have upgraded to LaView's firmware) DO NOT Reset Your Doorbell without changing your firmware back to your Doorbell brand's firmware. If you Reset without changing it back you will be unable to continue the setup process when coming to scanning the OR Scan Code step. There is a fix if you missed this Warning: - rafale

⦁ HERE IS A MORE ADVANCED STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE TO UPGRADE/CHANGE YOUR FIRMWARE - alexdelprete

HTH

Teefussurf

n3wb
Reaction score
You are not bricked, blue flashing is just your Doorbell not connected to your WIFi, so I would try rafale's solution, if it does not work, alexdelprete also has a step-by-step but it is more geared towards first time firmware installs.

From our 101:

⦁ RESETTING Your Doorbell (THIS MAY NO LONGER APPLY 06-2020 see below Step-by-Step by alexdelprete); If you have changed your Doorbell's firmware to another brand's firmware (ex. You own a RCA Doorbell but have upgraded to LaView's firmware) DO NOT Reset Your Doorbell without changing your firmware back to your Doorbell brand's firmware. If you Reset without changing it back you will be unable to continue the setup process when coming to scanning the OR Scan Code step. There is a fix if you missed this Warning: - rafale

⦁ HERE IS A MORE ADVANCED STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE TO UPGRADE/CHANGE YOUR FIRMWARE - alexdelprete

HTH
Thanks so much for linking to this! Will give it a try when back home in a few days.