New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

danli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for reply. It had been pretty great to have the ”pir picture” in video call but at least I know that It’s as it should. I guess I will then use zage sensor and home-assistant to give me that option if I feel it neccessary
I do get a video stream when someone is pushing the button. Hik firmware and hik-connect

Reaction score
I do get a video stream when someone is pushing the button. Hik firmware and hik-connect
Thats strange (but good it can then work). I wonder what could be the difference.

I’m using exactly the same app and fw 200321 so something is going on (all ports neccessary is also open from inbound>outbound).
no cloud storage.

one other thing, I dont get any onvif events in blue iris. Something to enable in barch conf? (Tried to enable trough that app but I get failed)

in blue iris it’s included as generic/onvif as attached pic.

F1933A9C-368F-4496-AAA7-21839BFC8EEB.jpeg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats strange (but good it can then work). I wonder what could be the difference.

I’m using exactly the same app and fw 200321 so something is going on (all ports neccessary is also open from inbound>outbound).
no cloud storage.

one other thing, I dont get any onvif events in blue iris. Something to enable in barch conf? (Tried to enable trough that app but I get failed)

in blue iris it’s included as generic/onvif as attached pic.

View attachment 67925
Try:
554 RTSP Port
80 ONVIF port

/Streaming/Channels/1?transportmode=unicast&profile=Profile_1
1596460246345.png

Reaction score
Then I have this left then :)
Is it random for some apps, some apps is better or is it a configuration thing somewhere...

i tried both ezviz and hik-connect without success

DoorBellDummy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For someone who is running Surveillance Station with DB1 can you turn on the FPS screen monitoring and let me know if you get a rock solid 30 FPS if you set to full frame and max bitrate? When I first got the DB1 it was fluctating really bad going as low as 0 and then bouncing up to 30 throughout the day. I have since installed a wifi extender that is about 15 feet from the DB1 and I do get pretty solid 30 FPS most of the day. I was debating if I need to get Mesh router setup but seems like the extender may do the trick.

1596471912426.png

DoorBellDummy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My signal intensity is showing 94 so assuming if the max is 100 then it's a pretty solid connection.

1596472377376.png

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought I would add this.

A couple of days ago, I was still receiving alerts and notification but I couldn't access the memory card to review however it was recording to the memory card. When I try to play back, I get this error message. "You have reached the maximum connection to the device" and when I tried to play back locally on my wifi, I get a memory error message.

Since my DB1 transformer is in the attic and plugged into an outlet.It was easy for me to climb up the ladder to unplug it and wait 5 minutes then plug it back in.

After power cycling, I was able to access memory card again without any errors. I went ahead and reformatted the memory card to be on the safe side.

I think I will use one of my power plug adapter and place it in between the transformer and the outlet so I can power cycle it if I am not at home if this happens again.

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I couldn't get it to work with my Vista-20P system when I tried back 1.5yrs ago. I can't even get it to show live feed on my two Tuxedo Touch TUXWIFIW touchscreens.
Would be great to get this working (Tuxedo with this camera).

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

A couple of days ago, I was still receiving alerts and notification but I couldn't access the memory card to review however it was recording to the memory card. When I try to play back, I get this error message. "You have reached the maximum connection to the device" and when I tried to play back locally on my wifi, I get a memory error message.

Since my DB1 transformer is in the attic and plugged into an outlet.It was easy for me to climb up the ladder to unplug it and wait 5 minutes then plug it back in.

After power cycling, I was able to access memory card again without any errors. I went ahead and reformatted the memory card to be on the safe side.

I think I will use one of my power plug adapter and place it in between the transformer and the outlet so I can power cycle it if I am not at home if this happens again.
Question: Was your card full? If so, how long did it take to fill up the card? Reason I ask, I had a problem similar to yours around the 6 month mark, my card filled up with no warning, just could not see any new videos so I reformatted it too. Did not have to reboot/repower it though, but just pulled the card, reformatted on my PC, then reinitialize the card in the App. I noticed that the Reinitialize option is not available anymore in EZVIZ App, just reformatting. Maybe it only shows up when the card needs formatting. Did not try to reformat via Batch Config. Tool.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Question: Was your card full? If so, how long did it take to fill up the card? Reason I ask, I had a problem similar to yours around the 6 month mark, my card filled up with no warning, just could not see any new videos so I reformatted it too. Did not have to reboot/repower it though, but just pulled the card, reformatted on my PC, then reinitialize the card in the App. I noticed that the Reinitialize option is not available anymore in EZVIZ App, just reformatting. Maybe it only shows up when the card needs formatting. Did not try to reformat via Batch Config. Tool.
I did not check if it was full or not. Just that it was still recording to the card but I couldn't playback from it until I powered cycle the DB1

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The SNR on my EAP120 shows:
46dB for the DB1 (which is about 13 feet away)
59dB for a Reolink RLC-410w (which is about 11 feet away, with no drops)
32dB for my phone that I placed near the DB (13 feet away)

For the EAP, similar to UI and Meraki, the higher the SNR, the better.

The signal strength on the EZVIZ app shows the dot plus 1 arc lit up.
I don't think the app retrieves/reports the actual signal strength on the DB1 but returns the signal strength based on the phone's wifi chipset and antenna.

@David, the status alerts tab doesn't determine what goes in the log; that tab is for sending email/text alerts.
DB1 mobile apps report the RSSI not the SNR. RSSI is measured on a logarithmic scale, and the closer it is to 0, the better the signal is.

1596543456824.png1596543501746.png

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,
I have bought the Ezviz and flashed it with the hikvision firmware. Using the hik-connect app I don’t get a picure/video when someone pushing the bell. Only after I have answered.

is that as it should? (Iwould of course like to see who is infront of the door before I answer )

br
On my DB1, both ezviz app and Guarding Vision, show a preview of the video when my mobile phone rings, with a 2 secs delay.

My mic is also not on while it's ringing, if I don't answer nobody is listening to the audio coming from my phone. The mic-on behaviour was reported by @TechBill if I'm not mistaken. It works correctly for me.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

You could have simply rebooted the camera via batch config. The firmware of the camera is not perfect, sometimes some functions stop, and a reboot is needed, it takes 1 minute.

Last edited:

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On my DB1, both ezviz app and Guarding Vision, show a preview of the video when my mobile phone rings, with a 2 secs delay.

My mic is also not on while it's ringing, if I don't answer nobody is listening to the audio coming from my phone. The mic-on behaviour was reported by @TechBill if I'm not mistaken. It works correctly for me.
So when the db1 is pressed you see a video preview, while you dont have to login in the app? What versions do you use? Ios or android?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So when the db1 is pressed you see a video preview, while uou dont have login in the app? What versions do you use? Ios or android?
The call window pops up, phone rings, I see a black/grey box initially, then after 1-2secs I see the image. Guarding Vision and EZVIZ apps, Samsung Note 8, Android 9 (Pie).

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
So when the db1 is pressed you see a video preview, while you dont have to login in the app? What versions do you use? Ios or android?
Not on iOS which require you to unlock the iPhone which take you directly to app with the viewer and mic enabled but I read here that Android you do see preview beforehand.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So the problem seems to be only on iOS. But we need further confirmation on both Android AND iOS.
Here IOS which has the problem Techbill described on EZViz app. GV however does not open the mic after logon so it seems today. So at the moment I will use GV again. But have to test a bit more.