New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the new motion alert screenshot feature on the new firmware.

It playback 3 screenshots with a second delay in between when viewing motion alert screenshot rather just a single screenshot

sometime I get a screenshot with person still too far away or head turned sideway and with 3 screenshot taken now it make it easier to identify what trigger the motion.

intersting ......

I was using free cloud service temporary until I get my scandisk memory card in for the replacement camera. I put it in and reformatted then disable the cloud.

That "3 screenshot" feature was disabled and it switched to single screenshot image. After enabling cloud again, the 3 screenshot feature came back on again.

Look like you have to use cloud service to get this 3 screenshot feature.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like AI motion instead of PIR. It is a 1080p cam.
Looks interesting...

1606686476532.png

I do like the H.265 compression, this will save a lot of storage space...

1606687045967.png

Also the NVR support tells me RTSP and possible ONVIF, but when they say specific brands, maybe not...Though I would assume Hikvision NVRs should be on their list.

1606686845749.png

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I think it is an AI motion instead of PIR. It is a 1080p cam
Looks interesting...

View attachment 75878

I do like the H.256 compression, this will save a lot of storage space...

View attachment 75880

Also the NVR support tells me RTSP and possible ONVIF, but when they say specific brands, maybe not...Though I would assume Hikvision NVRs should be on their list.

View attachment 75879

That len is going to be mistaken as a doorbell button often. I can't believe they still didn't remedy this. I have heard of stories of len cover being cracked because of this.

A dark circle sticking out like a sore thumb are going to be mistaken for a button. No if or what about it :p

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That len is going to be mistaken as a doorbell button often. I can't believe they still didn't remedy this. I have heard of stories of len cover being cracked because of this.

A dark circle sticking out like a sore thumb are going to be mistaken for a button. No if or what about it :p
Yeah I wanted to share awhile back a Solicitor pushing my PIR, this is not a great video, really don't know how to capture a good video yet from BI, anyway you can hear the PIR crushing (OUCH):

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks but tried that already. Didn’t help.
Not sure if you checked out our 101. maybe it will help.:

GOOGLE TIPS:
⦁ To Display on Google; Link EZVIZ account to Google Assistant via Google Home App, ReSync Google Devices in App, Turn off Doorbell's Image/Video Encryption in Doorbell App Settings, then Display Doorbell on Chromecast/TV or Lenovo Smart Display - xaudiblex, xaudiblex, xaudiblex (FYI, I have not been successful to get this to work with LaView 190716 firmware on my LaView Doorbell), xaudiblex (upped screenshots) running EZVIZ 190708 firmware on his EZVIZ Doorbell and his works) (Seems to Only work on EZVIZ Doorbells - Mtoo22)
Nelly's firmware 190625 has been confirmed to work on a EZVIZ DB with Google Assistant, displaying on Google Hub and Chromecast/TV - lekham, lekham
(Link EZVIZ to Google)
Stream your Security camera via Google Home - Chromecast/TV Help

Erik80

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if you checked out our 101. maybe it will help.:

GOOGLE TIPS:
⦁ To Display on Google; Link EZVIZ account to Google Assistant via Google Home App, ReSync Google Devices in App, Turn off Doorbell's Image/Video Encryption in Doorbell App Settings, then Display Doorbell on Chromecast/TV or Lenovo Smart Display - xaudiblex, xaudiblex, xaudiblex (FYI, I have not been successful to get this to work with LaView 190716 firmware on my LaView Doorbell), xaudiblex (upped screenshots) running EZVIZ 190708 firmware on his EZVIZ Doorbell and his works) (Seems to Only work on EZVIZ Doorbells - Mtoo22)
Nelly's firmware 190625 has been confirmed to work on a EZVIZ DB with Google Assistant, displaying on Google Hub and Chromecast/TV - lekham, lekham
(Link EZVIZ to Google)
Stream your Security camera via Google Home - Chromecast/TV Help
yup, have read that (very good write up btw). One strange thing also, is that EZViZ does not show up as a linked service in the GH app, even though I have gotten the ”account linked” msg earlier. So when I ask google to resync, it doesn’t pick up the Ezviz service. Strange

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yup, have read that (very good write up btw). One strange thing also, is that EZViZ does not show up as a linked service in the GH app, even though I have gotten the ”account linked” msg earlier. So when I ask google to resync, it doesn’t pick up the Ezviz service. Strange
So I would say that sounds like the problem. I have a LaView Doorbell which does not support Google, it does work with Alexa Skill. I remember trying, as several here did with their Doorbells, RCA, Nelly's, LaView and even though we had EZVIZ firmware loaded, Google did not work. I would get the confirmation of Google being linked but it would not show up in my GH App. So those post in the 101 were of an older EZVIUZ firmware, not sure if anything changed. I know EZVIZ still advertises Google support. Have you contacted them?

andreq

n3wb
Reaction score
What I like about the DB1C so far is I setup the main stream as h265 max quality, max res, while the 2nd stream can be set as H264 and can be streamed directly to google displays with no wrapper or re-encoding.

The low resolution of the 2nd stream doesn't show up that much on the google nest hub 5" display.

Haven't got ONVIF or ISAPI working yet. Can't enable them using Batch tool :(.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What I like about the DB1C so far is I setup the main stream as h265 max quality, max res, while the 2nd stream can be set as H264 and can be streamed directly to google displays with no wrapper or re-encoding.

The low resolution of the 2nd stream doesn't show up that much on the google nest hub 5" display.

Haven't got ONVIF or ISAPI working yet. Can't enable them using Batch tool :(.
On the DB1, there is no ONVIF support, we have found ONVIF is firmware specific, EZVIZ has never advertised ONVIF support for the DB1, so unless you see support for ONVIF from EZVIZ you probably won't have it.

This is why we have several rebrands, Nelly's, LaView and even Hikvision themselves offer ONVIF support in their firmware that can be loaded on the DB1. There is no option in Batch Config Tool/iVMS-4200 to turn On/Off ONVIF support.

andreq

n3wb
Reaction score
On the DB1, there is no ONVIF support, we have found ONVIF is firmware specific, EZVIZ has never advertised ONVIF support for the DB1, so unless you see support for ONVIF from EZVIZ you probably won't have it.

This is why we have several rebrands, Nelly's, LaView and even Hikvision themselves offer ONVIF support in their firmware that can be loaded on the DB1. There is no option in Batch Config Tool/iVMS-4200 to turn On/Off ONVIF support.
I'm still hoping to see if I can use other firmware on the DB1C, but I'm not quite ready to just try as I got both unit installed and working nicely for now :D

Erik80

n3wb
Reaction score
So I would say that sounds like the problem. I have a LaView Doorbell which does not support Google, it does work with Alexa Skill. I remember trying, as several here did with their Doorbells, RCA, Nelly's, LaView and even though we had EZVIZ firmware loaded, Google did not work. I would get the confirmation of Google being linked but it would not show up in my GH App. So those post in the 101 were of an older EZVIUZ firmware, not sure if anything changed. I know EZVIZ still advertises Google support. Have you contacted them?

Yes. After one hour on their support line, I was told that I’ve done everything right. Asked me to send screenshots from my mobile of the whole setup process. Daaah. Well, have done that now. Let’s see what they come back with

jerhome88

n3wb
Reaction score
First time commenting on the forum....a huge thank you to everyone who worked (big or small) to have this much information in one place.

I apologize for my ignorance but I keep finding myself asking the same question.

[ With the mindset of "I know I will have to download/run BCT, upgrade the firmware, block traffic, etc ]

If someone was looking to purchase this doorbell and had all 6 "brands" in front of them, what would be the consensus pick from everyone here?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. After one hour on their support line, I was told that I’ve done everything right. Asked me to send screenshots from my mobile of the whole setup process. Daaah. Well, have done that now. Let’s see what they come back with
Do you have a Chromecast to try?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First time commenting on the forum....a huge thank you to everyone who worked (big or small) to have this much information in one place.

I apologize for my ignorance but I keep finding myself asking the same question.

[ With the mindset of "I know I will have to download/run BCT, upgrade the firmware, block traffic, etc ]

If someone was looking to purchase this doorbell and had all 6 "brands" in front of them, what would be the consensus pick from everyone here?
So the hardware is the same with all 6, so you need to ask yourself a few questions. Is Google and/or Alexa important to you? If So, EZVIZ does both and LaView supports Alexa, though LaView no longer sells the DB directly. Is color of faceplate important? Do you plan on recording the video stream, if so where, NVR, NAS, Blue Iris, etc.?
Price right now is under $100, actually as low as $80, so I would say the time is right to buy.
For me I think the EZVIZ is still the best deal.

1606777785069.png1606777926174.png

HTH

Erik80

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a Chromecast to try?
multiple... Chromecasts, Nest Hub, Chromecast enabled TV. But since there is no device/camera to cast in the GH App, I don't understand what command to send. Have tried "show my doorbell camera on <chromecast device>" but nothing happens...

*** EDIT

Got an answer from the Ezviz support now. The DB1 does not support Google Home integration.

"
some models of ezviz camera do support google connection, but DB1 is not in the list. Please kindly scroll down to check the list on the bottom of the website.

"

I guess the solution would be to hook up a Shelly 1 relay or similar to the doorbell to capture a button push. Anybody knows if that is even possible? Would that require the DB1 to be configured to use a mechanical chime?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
multiple... Chromecasts, Nest Hub, Chromecast enabled TV. But since there is no device/camera to cast in the GH App, I don't understand what command to send. Have tried "show my doorbell camera on <chromecast device>" but nothing happens...

*** EDIT

Got an answer from the Ezviz support now. The DB1 does not support Google Home integration.

"
some models of ezviz camera do support google connection, but DB1 is not in the list. Please kindly scroll down to check the list on the bottom of the website.

"

I guess the solution would be to hook up a Shelly 1 relay or similar to the doorbell to capture a button push. Anybody knows if that is even possible? Would that require the DB1 to be configured to use a mechanical chime?
Unless something has changed this EZVIZ DB does support Google, there are several here that use it. I would search Google Hub, or Google Home here in this thread.

I just did a quick search. Here is just a few.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

*** EDIT

"

"

I will have to agree with @David L on this one. Several folks on here have gotten Google Home to work with DB1 but I noticed you post a URL to the EZVIZ site in EU so I am wondering if it only work on USA version but not the EU version.

Some of us including myself are using something to capture a button push. I am using Sage Sensor to capture it but it a zigbee device so you will need a zigbee supported hub. I believe @alexdelprete is using a wifi sensor to detect button push. The sage sensor is mentioned in 101 guide if you want to read up more about it.

Hope you get it sorted out and if you do, please do share it here so it can be added to the 101 guide.

Erik80

n3wb
Reaction score
I will have to agree with @David L on this one. Several folks on here have gotten Google Home to work with DB1 but I noticed you post a URL to the EZVIZ site in EU so I am wondering if it only work on USA version but not the EU version.

Some of us including myself are using something to capture a button push. I am using Sage Sensor to capture it but it a zigbee device so you will need a zigbee supported hub. I believe @alexdelprete is using a wifi sensor to detect button push. The sage sensor is mentioned in 101 guide if you want to read up more about it.

Hope you get it sorted out and if you do, please do share it here so it can be added to the 101 guide.
Thanks. Sounds like a resonable explaination that the EU version of the DB1 lacks support for GH. Will report back if this would change.

Found the posts on the doorbell sensors like Sage etc. and even though my smart hub supports both zwave and zigbee, I am still curious to find our if it is possible to capture a button push using a NC relay. Think the Shelly1 should be an attractive alternative as it can be powered with the doorbell transformer (Shelly1 supports 12-60V DC), it is pretty small and can be configured either as NC or NO (I understand from posts above the DB1 can be powered w 12VDC).

I did some tests this morning, measuring the voltage on the button circuit and when trying all different chime type configurations. Hovever, with none of them, I could pick up a complete voltage drop to 0 V when I pushed the button. I am not an expert in this field but I assume a 0V would be needed to trigger a NC relay, I did not use the powerkit, but my understanding is that the purpose of the kit is primarly to maintain the voltage when a mechaical chime is used so it should not make a difference.

Is it even possible to use a NC relay with the DB1? If so, what would the chime, transformer and wiring configuration be like?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. Sounds like a resonable explaination that the EU version of the DB1 lacks support for GH. Will report back if this would change.

Found the posts on the doorbell sensors like Sage etc. and even though my smart hub supports both zwave and zigbee, I am still curious to find our if it is possible to capture a button push using a NC relay. Think the Shelly1 should be an attractive alternative as it can be powered with the doorbell transformer (Shelly1 supports 12-60V DC), it is pretty small and can be configured either as NC or NO (I understand from posts above the DB1 can be powered w 12VDC).

I did some tests this morning, measuring the voltage on the button circuit and when trying all different chime type configurations. Hovever, with none of them, I could pick up a complete voltage drop to 0 V when I pushed the button. I am not an expert in this field but I assume a 0V would be needed to trigger a NC relay, I did not use the powerkit, but my understanding is that the purpose of the kit is primarly to maintain the voltage when a mechaical chime is used so it should not make a difference.

Is it even possible to use a NC relay with the DB1? If so, what would the chime, transformer and wiring configuration be like?
So @alexdelprete uses Google and he is in Italy with his DB1

@pete_c uses a relay, you could search for his ELK writeup.

HTH