New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Erik80

n3wb
Reaction score
So @alexdelprete uses Google and he is in Italy with his DB1

@pete_c uses a relay, you could search for his ELK writeup.

HTH
I was just about to edit my post as I found some info on relays and wiring higher up in the thread. Don't know why I missed it in my first search. Manyt thanks for your help anyway.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing two doorbell units. One at each of two doors. Don't really care about google or amazon. What I would like to do, is to be able to stream to an android tablet device using tinycam as well as record 24/7 to BI and a pc. Also get notifications when someone presses the bell.

Any suggestions on the best model for this application?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm thinking of installing two doorbell units. One at each of two doors. Don't really care about google or amazon. What I would like to do, is to be able to stream to an android tablet device using tinycam as well as record 24/7 to BI and a pc. Also get notifications when someone presses the bell.

Any suggestions on the best model for this application?
Probably a EZVIZ DB1 with Hikivision firmware loaded into it would be your best choice. There are some sales going around on the DB1 on the internet right now.

34Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a stock DB1 that has been working fine with a heath zenith SL-2796 mechanical chime. Then the wife heard the chime buzzing. I disconnected it and bought a new transformer. Nope, not the problem.
DB1 still works fine except it dont ring the chime now.

What is the purpose of the little white power kit box? Could it be bad as far as supplying power to the chime?

I disconnected the DB1 and verified the chime is good.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a stock DB1 that has been working fine with a heath zenith SL-2796 mechanical chime. Then the wife heard the chime buzzing. I disconnected it and bought a new transformer. Nope, not the problem.

What is the purpose of the little white power kit box? Could it be bad as far as supplying power to the chime?

Check firmware update and do a hard reset . After hard reset, do the new installation step on the app. If that doesn't bring your chime back then you probably have to contact EZVIZ support on this one.

(Hard reset mean taking the cover off and holding the reset button until led flashes red.)

34Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep I did get a new firmware update Monday while I was was trying to get it working. Not sure if I did the reset after.. Gonna go try that.
Man I hate removing those tiny screws over my porch floor with decking. Have to throw down a towel or shirt. :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Transformer, if you haven't upgraded, I would...

34Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
Did a reset. Didn't help. My transformer is one that has 3 voltage options.

I have it set for 18V now. Can go to 24V if you think that will help.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

18V is what I have it set at and it working for me. Look like it time to contact EZVIZ support.

34Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured since the DB1 is working great except for ringing the chime I figured the power kit is suspect. Will contact them now.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I figured since the DB1 is working great except for ringing the chime I figured the power kit is suspect. Will contact them now.
it's probably not the powerkit .. Do some search on my post a few pages back.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Don't mean to stay on the transformer but what is the wattage your transformer can handle? Buzzing is normally stopped by the power kit, but having the correct transformer helps. I had a 16v 10VA, and upgraded to a 16v 30VA. Just making sure you are powered properly.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I thought you had a Chime buzzing.

Here you go, from our 101:

⦁ If your Chime has suddenly stopped working (2020) - TechBill - misally

34Ford

n3wb
Reaction score
I received my replacement DB1 today.

Installed it back on my front door trim and did the first install setup...... chime is working again ... yay!

But ......

It prompt to update the firmware so I clicked on update ....................... chime not working anymore ... oh wonderful!

Removed the DB1 device from app and re-add it back in..... chime still not working ... strange thing is .. it did not ask me for type of chime like the previous DB1. The previous DB1 would prompt me type of chime every time i remove and re-add the device back in app

I sent off an email to EZVIZ then called them up .. Tech asked for case number and found my email .... he's puzzled by this and wanted me to do a hard reset which mean removing the cover and holding the reset button for more than 5 second ... confirmed led flashes red ...

Then tech ask me to re-add the device ... this time it asked for the type of chime so I selected the type of chime I had and complete the installation. Chime start working again soft yay

Hopefully the chime stay working from this point on.... I asked tech why did it stopped working after the firmware update and I had to do a hard reset to get it back. He said the latest app require new firmware so it require to do an installation step from beginning when there is a major change to the app to set up the latest firmware in DB1 properly.

I guess if we update our app in future or the firmware and chime stop working.We will have to treat it as a new install and do a hard reset (button inside the DB1) and install it if it was like a new DB1.

Anyhow, I am glad the chime is working again but still a soft yay from me .....

Ok, so I thought I would try this. Uninstalled the app. Reinstall, but it just goes back to my registered email which means I cannot get back to a new install where it asks for what type of chime I have.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, so I thought I would try this. Uninstalled the app. Reinstall, but it just goes back to my registered email which means I cannot get back to a new install where it asks for what type of chime I have.
To get back to new install where it ask for your type of chime, you have to remove the device then do a hard reset.

I forget to mention to remove the device first in the app which remove the device from their cloud database. Then hard reset and start new installation again.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Fixing a Chime that worked and now does not, a Hard Reset is needed.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To get back to new install where it ask for your type of chime, you have to remove the device then do a hard reset.

I forget to mention to remove the device first in the app which remove the device from their cloud database. Then hard reset and start new installation again.
A Day late and a Dollar Short :)