Review: EZVIZ DB1C

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I may end up going back to an earlier firmware like @David L suggests. Spent about 45 minutes today watching 2 screens, one with BI and the other running the Batch program in view mode watching the Doorbell. Every 10 minutes (or so) it would drop out of BI but stay running in the Batch program. I remove and reinstalled it in BI but same problem.
So I am going to share a few more post you can read to see if anything may help. They may not be related at all and i am not sure if they were BI related, but figured I would share:

⦁ If your Doorbell stops streaming every 3 or so minutes, see these post - cba123 - misally, misally
⦁ In your Firewall settings, allow ICMP from the Doorbell to your router, otherwise the Doorbell will disconnect/reconnect the WiFi - ronin1, ronin1 - alexdelprete, alecdelprete-ronin1 AND/OR if your RTSP stream drops every 3 or so minutes - cba123

I know yours worked prior to firmware update so above may not apply.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@David L Dropped back to 201106 and for the last 30 minutes no drop outs. I need to redo the Ezviz app but I'll wait to tomorrow to to make sure all is well on the BI side.

Thanks for the help, Bob

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Apparently the Ezviz app does not like it when you go back to an older release. I had to use the Batch program to default the doorbell before it would work at all with the app. It kept going up to 90% of the setup and then quitting saying there was a problem but without specifics. Finally got it to complete only to have it tell me the camera is offline. I can view it fine in both the Batch and BI so I may go back to the latest and see if that clears the offline problem. Since I loaded 201106 it has not dropped out of BI at all so this should be interesting.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an DB1C on the way.
Wifi will not be an issue for me with my router near by. (Archer AX73)

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an DB1C on the way.
Wifi will not be an issue for me with my router near by. (Archer AX73)
Okay received the doorbell today and I had chance to mess around with it.
I got it working with BI, but after I permanently mount I will tweak it.
I got a sweet deal on this doorbell for $39.

I have only read the first 12 pages of the thread. And I have one question.
Has anyone been able to change the IP address?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay received the doorbell today and I had chance to mess around with it.
I got it working with BI, but after I permanently mount I will tweak it.
I got a sweet deal on this doorbell for $39.

I have only read the first 12 pages of the thread. And I have one question.
Has anyone been able to change the IP address?
You can in Hikvision's Batch Config. Tool.
You can always assign an IP (DHCP Mapping) with the MAC address of the DB1C in your Router too.

Last edited:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can in Hikvision's Batch Config. Tool.
You can always assign an IP (DHCP Mapping) with the MAC address of the DB1C in your Router too.
I will have to look into the batch config tool.
I only have the tools for Dahua and Amcrest, but I am guessing it will be pretty similar.
Right now it is configured for 192.168.0.47. And I need to change it to 192.168.2.47 for my vlan. (get it off the cloud).

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will have to look into the batch config tool.
I only have the tools for Dahua and Amcrest, but I am guessing it will be pretty similar.
Right now it is configured for 192.168.0.47. And I need to change it to 192.168.2.47 for my vlan. (get it off the cloud).
So I have my SSIDs named on my APs based on the VLAN they connect to.

ex.
PRIVATEWAP is 192.168.20.0/27
GUESTWAP is 192.168.30.0/30
IOTWAP is 192.168.40.0/24

1639147425932.png

VLAN20 is Private Network.
VLAN30 is Guest Network and only has Internet access and Cannot access any other VLANs.
VLAN40 is IoT Network and only has Internet access and Cannot access any other VLANs.

I do have a Camera VLAN but those Cams are Hardwired and have No Internet Access and reside on VLAN50...

This is Presently what I have Mapped:
1639148800204.png

Since I like the EZVIZ App I am still on their cloud. I know this is not ideal but the VLAN the Doorbell and all IoT devices reside on have NO access to my Private VLAN.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
^^^ All of my cams are on the vlan poe switch that is not connected to the router. And the PC has a second nic to the vlan.

I was not think about this wireless doorbell to clearly. Meaning that I was looking at the doorbell as if it was hard wired.
So the problem is that I don't not how to add a wireless device to my vlan without using the router. I am going to see if there are some settings in the router to block the wireless doorbell from the internet.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^ All of my cams are on the vlan poe switch that is not connected to the router. And the PC has a second nic to the vlan.

I was not think about this wireless doorbell to clearly. Meaning that I was looking at the doorbell as if it was hard wired.
So the problem is that I don't not how to add a wireless device to my vlan without using the router. I am going to see if there are some settings in the router to block the wireless doorbell from the internet.
can you assign it via the mac address?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Can you put an WiFi Access Point (WAP) off your POE switch? Is your POE Switch doing the Routing (L3)? Or is it off your PC that is doing the routing?

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Pc with BI has two network ports.
One is connected to the router and internet has internet access. (so I can use the BI mobile app.)

The second port is configured for the vlan poe switch only. Used for BI.

The switch has 24 ports. 10 of the ports are configured for the BI-vlan. The rest of the ports can be accessed via the router.

So BI is setup to pick up the router and vlan.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Pc with BI has two network ports.
One is connected to the router and internet has internet access. (so I can use the BI mobile app.)

The second port is configured for the vlan poe switch only. Used for BI.

The switch has 24 ports. 10 of the ports are configured for the BI-vlan. The rest of the ports can be accessed via the router.

So BI is setup to pick up the router and vlan.
So question, you are setup like this correct, 2 NICs each on it's own Subnet?:

Or do you actually have a VLAN setup on your Switch, if so is it Tagged or Untagged traffic?

Sorry for all the questions. Is the switch a Managed Layer 3 switch? Can it run a DHCP Server?

This is my POE 24 port switch: T2600G-28MPS_(TL-SG3424P)(UN)
1639170712990.png

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So question, you are setup like this correct, 2 NICs each on it's own Subnet?:

Or do you actually have a VLAN setup on your Switch, if so is it Tagged or Untagged traffic?

Sorry for all the questions. Is the switch a Managed Layer 3 switch? Can it run a DHCP Server?

This is my POE 24 port switch: T2600G-28MPS_(TL-SG3424P)(UN)
View attachment 111528
LOL. I have the same switch. Yes the second card and vlan is on a separate subnet.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL. I have the same switch. Yes the second card and vlan is on a separate subnet.
So I don't mean to be going all over the place with this, but my thought is, park you an Access Point (AP) on that switch, you can use an old SOHO Router and set it up in Access Point Mode. If you set a Static IP on the Doorbell, you won't need to to turn on the DHCP Server on your switch. Only thing I am not certain of is since you are running a VLAN on your switch how this would work if it is Tagged traffic. May need an AP that does VLANs. I am presently running EAP245 and EAP225s, I got EAP660 and EAP620s that I will be replacing these with, sometime soon, too many projects :)

1639172118912.png

Reaction score
Ok found the firmware for this Doorbell (Nov. 17, 2020) assuming (V5.3.0 build 201106):

View attachment 76546

@silencery you might want to save you a copy of this firmware and/or any future firmwares incase you need to fall back.

ATTACHED ZIP IS FIRMWARE BUILD 201106
Thank you David L for this. I was having trouble with disconnects with the latest firmware and going back to this has fixed it.

Thanks again
Chris

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Dumb question, since I have a new DB1C arriving today. How is the wifi signal/stability on these? My original EzViz DB1 has been spotty at best. Often times, it will simply go offline until hours later when it reconnects. :( Very disappointing.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine drops off randomly all day, every day, but reconnects almost immediately. I'm going to be looking into that when I get a couple of other projects done. I'm switching from X10 to ZWave and need to install a VTO2202F on the driveway gate first, plus all the other "emergencies" that crop up daily.

I have noticed that the dropouts seem to be temperature related. The DB1C is on the north side of the house so no direct sun at all, but once the temperature gets over 45 or so it starts misbehaving.