New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I have had a lot of people (delivery people) try to push the PIR sensor in the middle to ring the bell. Unfortunately it’s now cracked and I am afraid it’s going to allow moisture inside of the unit. has anyone had this issue and dealt with any sort of DIY fix? Curious what I might be able to do to fix it. No opposed to replacing the dome with something new and more rigid if it won’t affect the operation.
In my short search I found this:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Indeed, it is very bright. And at night it seems to attract mosquitos, which trigger my motion detection of the rpi-software.
I too have had lots of people press the PIR thinking it was the button, but it hasn't broken yet. I'd love to be able to turn on and off the blue LEDs around the button via some code. I'd even be happy if they wrote some code themselves to turn on and off the LEDs if motion was detected. I contacted Laview a couple months ago and asked them about the possibility, and all they could tell me was that they forwarded the feature request on to the developers. Maybe if more people emailed them (or RCA or Nelly's or Hikvision or whoever you bought your clone from) and asked them for some sort of ability to control the LEDs via ONVIF or some other external way besides their app, they'd listen...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I too have had lots of people press the PIR thinking it was the button, but it hasn't broken yet. I'd love to be able to turn on and off the blue LEDs around the button via some code. I'd even be happy if they wrote some code themselves to turn on and off the LEDs if motion was detected. I contacted Laview a couple months ago and asked them about the possibility, and all they could tell me was that they forwarded the feature request on to the developers. Maybe if more people emailed them (or RCA or Nelly's or Hikvision or whoever you bought your clone from) and asked them for some sort of ability to control the LEDs via ONVIF or some other external way besides their app, they'd listen...
Yeah the PIR was a bad design. Wonder if putting one of the clear domes over the PIR I found would deter people from pushing on it?

jds580s

n3wb
Reaction score
I wonder, have you switched the blue indicator ring on or off? I have the impression that switching it on might tempt people to press the correct button. I’m still not sure though. Still experimenting with it.
I had my blue ring off, but after seeing someone try to poke the PIR sensor I turned it back on and that seems to help with any confusion.
If the blue lights are too bright you could try to put some diffusion or gel tint under the face plate to help dim them a bit.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here the front porch lights are on a schedule and out of schedule window will illuminate with motion via a PIR (Optex). If someone rings the doorbell at night during regular hours the front porch lights go from 30% to 100% illumination.

All of the outdoor lighting is configured in the same manner. The landscaping lighting will also illuminate based on outdoor motion after hours.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Happy Turkey Day All...
I know it is early but I have a busy holiday week ahead...

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving day to you David and and your family!

Drive safe this week!

pete

Bulldog5

n3wb
Reaction score
The differences are mostly superficial
  • The physical appearance including the housing shape, branding/logos, and face plate colors offered are all a little different
  • The firmware they come with - though these can be changed
  • The default mobile apps each have slight differences in features, but those can be swapped for the other brands apps as well
Internal hardware seems to be the same
The laview is advertised with Starlight Color Night Vision. While the others do not show anything about color night vision. Anyone know if there really is a difference? Can someone with the laview compare the night IR to someone's RCA or nellys?

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The laview is advertised with Starlight Color Night Vision. While the others do not show anything about color night vision. Anyone know if there really is a difference? Can someone with the laview compare the night IR to someone's RCA or nellys?
The EZVIZ DB1 also has a starlight sensor according to the specs

Bulldog5

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, on sale for $89?? That's an awesome price. Must be a special for black friday. Usually hovers around $150.
I know!!! I have the LaView on order ,i paid $127 on amazon. Thinking of getting the EZVIZ DB1 also, and sending the laview back.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have both laview and ezviz. If anything, I like the ezviz a little more since it came packaged with 3 faceplate options, all else being equal.

Killer deal!

Killerjay

n3wb
Reaction score
*sigh* its 195$ on amazon for canadians :(.
I have ring doorbells and i want to switch to the db2 now that theirs onvif support. I have a ds-7608ni-k2 NVR that i would love to have this doorbell tied to.
Does anyone know if the notifications with the ivms-4500 android app supports the doorbell notifications and are they reasonably times notifications?
it would be nice to have the doorbell and my other ipcams all in one app.

murphys_law

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whoah! I just stumbled across this thread again after sometime. Am I reading this right? Onvif, rtsp, door chime triggering, and as of today, under $100? I guess I have to order it now.

***edit***
EZVIZ on the way to be delivered Friday.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whoah! I just stumbled across this thread again after sometime. Am I reading this right? Onvif, rtsp, door chime triggering, and as of today, under $100? I guess I have to order it now.

***edit***
EZVIZ on the way to be delivered Friday.
Yep you got it...Good time to join us :), I paid $139 back this summer...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
*sigh* its 195$ on amazon for canadians :(.
I have ring doorbells and i want to switch to the db2 now that theirs onvif support. I have a ds-7608ni-k2 NVR that i would love to have this doorbell tied to.
Does anyone know if the notifications with the ivms-4500 android app supports the doorbell notifications and are they reasonably times notifications?
it would be nice to have the doorbell and my other ipcams all in one app.
LaView HD IP ONE Halo Doorbell Security Camera

1574848074976.png