New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

tommyd75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ordered the EZviz DB1 verision of this camera for $89 the other day. It just came in and I love it! I did a firmware update and it supports RTSP as well as google assistant. To get google assistant to work, you have to disable the Image Encrypt feature. Now I can say, hey google, show me the front door.
I just ordered this also. Which firmware did you load onto it for rtsp support ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murphys_law

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just ordered this also. Which firmware did you load onto it for rtsp support ?

The ezviz version works with rtsp out of the box. At least mine did when updated to the latest firmware(I didn’t try to connect before I upgraded it.)

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The ezviz version works with rtsp out of the box. At least mine did when updated to the latest firmware(I didn’t try to connect before I upgraded it.)
So can you tell us which firmware (build) version your EZVIZ is using? Does ONVIF work? Thanks

Also my thoughts about transformer. Our 16v 10va also worked but my thought was since I will be running two RTSP 24/7 streams I would just upgrade to a 16v 30va.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

All the firmwares support RSTP (right out of the box), it is we found LaView and Nelly's only support ONVIF.

Reaction score
My unit is scheduled to arrive tomorrow/Sunday, and there's an 80% chance of rain all day. Thankfully, my doorbell is beneath a covered front porch. Question for the latest installers here: Does this come with an L-shaped Torx driver? I seem to have misplaced my original one from three years ago. :(

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My unit is scheduled to arrive tomorrow/Sunday, and there's an 80% chance of rain all day. Thankfully, my doorbell is beneath a covered front porch. Question for the latest installers here: Does this come with an L-shaped Torx driver? I seem to have misplaced my original one from three years ago. :(
This is what you get, this is the RCA but same hardware in All boxes but different face plates depending on brand.

1575120476111.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for that image, David. I may just have to drill out the old security Torx screw, then. If I recall, it's tapered so a regular torx bit just won't fit it. :(
Ok I just went and grabbed my tool, pulled out my tool?, haha no right way to say it haha, on one end it has the Torx for the security screws. Was hoping to find a T number to tell you. I grabbed my bit set and the lowest it goes is T8. By looking at the Screwdriver/Torx tool that comes with the Doorbell it is either a T6, T5 or T4, just guessing. Hope this helps...

1575124824127.png

UPDATE: Oh now I see what you mean about tapered...Dang I better not lose this tool...
Was looking at this set:

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wisegeek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys, justjoined here and I am excited in my hunt for the best door bell which can record to nvr like synology nas without much hassel.

I see some here mention DB2 is that the RCA hsdb2a or Laview one halo? Is that better than ezdb1? I am so confused their prices are all very same.

Also have some.people here flashed the ezdb1 to laview one halo firmware??

Appreciate your guidance thanks!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello guys, justjoined here and I am excited in my hunt for the best door bell which can record to nvr like synology nas without much hassel.

I see some here mention DB2 is that the RCA or Laview one halo? Is that better than ezdb1? I am so confused their prices are all very same.

Appreciate your guidance thanks!
They are all the same except for the face plate covers. EZVIZ right now has the best price.

wisegeek

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks David, but someone on slickdeals mentioned this about the 90$ ezdb doorbell, their quote below

----!----
This is the first version of the db2 sold as Nelly's Security Doorbell or Laview security Doorbell. I don't believe that the DB1 is supposed to get new firmware moving forward, so I'd shoot for the DB2 if you want to go that route. But I've read that some people had issues with them. I might get both, start with the DB 2 and if that fails, return it and try the Eufy. Otherwise return the Eufy. I do really want ONVIF

____!-----

Is the above true or maybe they did not flash the laview firmware? Does the ezdb1 come with 3 color faceplates or we gotta paint? I thought the halo 1 wS much better than the ezdb1 as thars 1st gen and heard the LaView 1st gen was super crap per reviews online.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks David, but someone on slickdeals mentioned this about the 90$ ezdb doorbell, their quote below

----!----
This is the first version of the db2 sold as Nelly's Security Doorbell or Laview security Doorbell. I don't believe that the DB1 is supposed to get new firmware moving forward, so I'd shoot for the DB2 if you want to go that route. But I've read that some people had issues with them. I might get both, start with the DB 2 and if that fails, return it and try the Eufy. Otherwise return the Eufy. I do really want ONVIF

____!-----

Is the above true or maybe they did not flash the laview firmware? Does the ezdb1 come with 3 color faceplates or we gotta paint? I thought the halo 1 wS much better than the ezdb1 as thars 1st gen and heard the LaView 1st gen was super crap per reviews online.
These are all Hikvision Doorbells. I bought the LaView, it only came with white face plate. Not sure about EZVIZ but there a some very recent users on this forum who has bought/ordered EZVIZ who you can ask.

The above post is wrong, we have seen new firmware come out. When I bought my LaView it did not have ONVIF support, but now it does.
So basically there are two Hikvision Doorbells, the older one is: I have no experience with the first gen.

What we found is you can load the firmware from the different brands and so far LaView and Nelly's support ONVIF. Each brand has their own model number but again they are all the same hardware.

The Second Gen looks like this:
1575128766007.png

Last edited:

wisegeek

n3wb
Reaction score
These are all Hikvision Doorbells. I bought the LaView, it only came with white face plate. Not sure about EZVIZ but there a some very recent users on this forum who has bought/ordered EZVIZ who you can ask.

The above post is wrong, we have seen new firmware come out. When I bought my LaView it did not have ONVIF support, but now it does.
So basically there are two Hikvision Doorbells, the older one is: I have no experience with the first gen.

What we found is you can load the firmware from the different brands and so far LaView and Nelly's support ONFIV. Each brand has their own model number but again they are all the same hardware.

The Second Gen looks like this:
View attachment 51482
David did you buy the laview halo 1?

Is the halo one same spec wise to RCA hsdb2a? Price wise they are almost same..

Cheapest one is the ezviz db1 but for sure it is lower spec than the one you have and the hsdb2a? As its db1?? Or they are ALL same hard ware spec but just clones??

Thanks!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
David did you buy the laview halo 1?

Is the halo one same spec wise to RCA hsdb2a? Price wise they are almost same..

Cheapest one is the ezviz db1 but for sure it is lower spec than the one you have and the hsdb2a? As its db1?? Or they are ALL same hard ware spec but just clones??

Thanks!
They are all the same Hikvision camera, same specs, same box. Only difference is face plate colors and firmware (which is not a problem since you can load any firmware from either brand) Yes I have the ONE Halo.

Reaction score

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been running the RCA HSDB2A variant since January and waited a long time for the updated FW to enable ONVIF. I thought that it was the previous outdated RCA FW that didn't allow the "Alexa, show me the front door" live feed integration. After running the latest LaView ONVIF V5.2.4 build 190716 FW for a couple of months now, I still can't get the doorbell to show up in Alexa discover devices process. Wondering if it might be my unit even though everything else has been running fine since I installed it in January. I have Image Encryption disabled for the doorbell and have it registered in the Ezviz app currently. If others have it working with Alexa, I may talk to RCA support to get it looked at under warranty before it expires in mid-January. I have a couple Echo Show 8's coming from Amazon from Black Friday deal and want to be able to "show front door" from kitchen/etc instead of sometimes delayed video call notification on cell phones. Other Ezviz compatible cameras show up in Alexa app except for my RCA LaView FW doorbell.

Has anyone who has the RCA HSDB2A variant configured it successfully with Alexa? If so, where is the doorbell registered to(Ezviz, RCA, Hik-Connect, LaView ONE app) and any extra tweaks beyond the standard directions?
1. From the EZVIZ Mobile App, select a suitable name for your camera (i.e., baby room, front door, etc.)
2. From the EZVIZ Mobile App, disable Image Encryption for the camera you wish to setup
3. From your Alexa App, search for EZVIZ, enable the skill and link it to your EZVIZ account by signing in with your EZVIZ account
4. Discover your cameras by asking Alexa “Discover devices” or by pressing the Discover Devices button in the Alexa app
Once your account is linked, viewing your cameras is supported on Amazon Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV, 2nd Gen Fire Stick or Fire Tablets (7th gen and above). To see your camera, just say “Alexa, show the (camera name)”

murphys_law

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So can you tell us which firmware (build) version your EZVIZ is using? Does ONVIF work? Thanks

Also my thoughts about transformer. Our 16v 10va also worked but my thought was since I will be running two RTSP 24/7 streams I would just upgrade to a 16v 30va.
1575139779115.png

According to the app this is the latest FW from EZVIZ.

I am unsure if ONVIF works. I would think that it does not, as I am not getting anything in Blue Iris(besides a video stream.) Is there a good was to test ONVIF?

As far as the faceplates go, the EZVIZ camera does come with multiple faceplates along with all the hardware just the same as the others. The Amazon listing shows this.

Last edited:

wisegeek

n3wb
Reaction score
I received the doorbell and got it installed today. Overall this is an impressive product for the price. It comes with EVERYTHING. Picture is pretty good, app works good(ezviz,) sound quality is great, I’m very impressed.

I do however have a couple questions/issues:

Blue Iris video feed seems to be slow/frozen. Thoughts?

EDIT: This is fixed, user error when connecting via RDP.

Does it send Onvif alerts for the PIR motion?

Any help with either is much appreciated.

I forgot to add, I didn’t end up needing the transformer. I used the one installed in my house and haven’t had issues with it as of yet.
Did you get the ezviz db1?