New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

murphys_law

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So this is actually a question. I am fairly new to BI and use BI to record 24/7 so motion is only reported to me by Phone App.
Have you played with this menu where pick When triggered?
I have played with it, however not extensively. Behavior doesn't seem to change with the options, outside of adjusting the motion detection within BI affecting that portion of it.

Reaction score
So, here's the picture from my new EZViz DB-1. Red rectangle is the PIR detection zone set with the EZViz app on the iPhone. Blue rectangle is the Blue Iris Region of Interest which eliminates the unnecessary areas of the image.
[Edited: "PIR detection zone", not "motion detection zone"]
EZViz DB-1 Snapshot. Motion Zone.png

Last edited:

murphys_law

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, here's the picture from my new EZViz DB-1. Red rectangle is the motion detection zone set with the EZViz app on the iPhone. Blue rectangle is the Blue Iris Region of Interest which eliminates the unnecessary areas of the image.
View attachment 51542
Interesting, I did not know there was a motion detection zone setting in the ezviz app. I must have missed it. The only option I get is "distance" which is assumedly PIR sensing.

Bulldog5

n3wb
Reaction score
I got my EZVIZ installed and rtsp stream going to my zoneminder server. I have 2 Ubiq APs, downstairs one is within 10ft of the front door on ceiling. (WIFI Signal is not an issue, shows as 5G and 97% strength from my AP Controller). I notice choppy video with motion like vehicles going by. Any settings anyone tweaked? running the default 1536 x 2048 resolution. I changed the Frame Rate: to Full Frame in the iVMS-4200 tool. On the EZVIZ firmware 5.2.4 build 190708

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got my EZVIZ installed and rtsp stream going to my zoneminder server. I have 2 Ubiq APs, downstairs one is within 10ft of the front door on ceiling. (WIFI Signal is not an issue, shows as 5G and 97% strength from my AP Controller). I notice choppy video with motion like vehicles going by. Any settings anyone tweaked? running the default 1536 x 2048 resolution. I changed the Frame Rate: to Full Frame in the iVMS-4200 tool. On the EZVIZ firmware 5.2.4 build 190708
I would first try lowering the FPS to eliminate if that is the possible issue. I noticed mine was choppy when I first went to 30FPS but it seemed to clear up so I left it at 30. I am running on 2.4 though. Just my opinion, but every since 5G came out I have noticed more dropped frames/packets with it than 2.4 (I understand the distance issue). and of course this also depends on what brand of WAP used, you have one of the best for your APs. That being said, you might jump bands and try 2.4.
I know these Hikvisions claim 5.0 but I just feel 2.4 is more stable for video feeds. I know several here will disagree with me :) but just throwing it out there...

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got one of the EZVIZ DB1 and I was curious if there is a way to control image settings for Day/Night separately. I bumped up the brightness which improved night video but seems like there isn't a way to have a separate setting for Day. Any way to accomplish this?

I also noticed that moving the timestamp doesn't work very well. I haven't tried any of the other firmware and not sure if they are better in these aspects.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got one of the EZVIZ DB1 and I was curious if there is a way to control image settings for Day/Night separately. I bumped up the brightness which improved night video but seems like there isn't a way to have a separate setting for Day. Any way to accomplish this?

I also noticed that moving the timestamp doesn't work very well. I haven't tried any of the other firmware and not sure if they are better in these aspects.
I was part of a conversation here about turning WDR on and off like a day/night schedule. I am sure you have the sun washout like most of us during the day. I did call LaView and Nelly's with the same question to see if they will have an option for us in the future, unfortunately they could not say and were no help. You might try playing with WDR and seeing if you can find a middle ground.

As far as the moving of the time stamp, you are correct, as far as I can remember in reading this whole forum/thread I don't believe anyone has been able to move it, only turn it on/off.

It would be nice if all the grayed out options were available, even though this Doorbell is far from perfect we still have a huge amount of more control over it than the other cloud only Doorbells out there.

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was part of a conversation here about turning WDR on and off like a day/night schedule. I am sure you have the sun washout like most of us during the day. I did call LaView and Nelly's with the same question to see if they will have an option for us in the future, unfortunately they could not say and were no help. You might try playing with WDR and seeing if you can find a middle ground.

As far as the moving of the time stamp, you are correct, as far as I can remember in reading this whole forum/thread I don't believe anyone has been able to move it, only turn it on/off.

It would be nice if all the grayed out options were available, even though this Doorbell is far from perfect we still have a huge amount of more control over it than the other cloud only Doorbells out there.
Thanks. Can I get PIR alerts working in Blue Iris with the EZVIZ firmware? I tried the information listed in Nov 2019 - Current State of RTSP Doorbells but PIR doesn't seem to be triggering alerts. Perhaps I need the Laview or Nelly firmware that fully supports ONVIF?

Edit: Tried flashing the Laview firmware but still having trouble getting Blue Iris to trigger off the PIR sensor

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. Can I get PIR alerts working in Blue Iris with the EZVIZ firmware? I tried the information listed in Nov 2019 - Current State of RTSP Doorbells but PIR doesn't seem to be triggering alerts. Perhaps I need the Laview or Nelly firmware that fully supports ONVIF?

Edit: Tried flashing the Laview firmware but still having trouble getting Blue Iris to trigger off the PIR sensor
Thanks to @murphys_law, I can tell you that enabling PIR alerts is a function in the EZViz app on your smart phone. First you enable them, then you set the distance/range of the sensor.

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I get the alerts from the EZVIZ app but I am trying to get Blue Iris to trigger the camera when it is detected as well which doesn't seem to be working.
After taking all the steps I wrote in that other post, you can verify ONVIF events are working by looking at the blueiris alert viewer. You should see a new event every time the PIR detects motion. Here's a screencap from BI:

1575398324850.png

Finally, you also have to setup the trigger in the camera trigger settings in blueiris. For BI V5, it's under [camera settings] -> Trigger -> Sources -> Check the box that says "Camera's digital input or motion alarm"

Having said all that, I didn't find detection with the PIR to be much better. I wound up reverting back to a combination of software detection and the external PIR I have mounted near the camera.

Last edited:

morrisky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm I'm seeing the number of Events increasing every second in the status console:

1575400986542.png

It stops incrementing if I disable the ONVIF events in the Video section for the camera. I wonder why that event is triggering when the PIR sensor isn't being triggered.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've read the last 10 or so pages. I bought the EZVIZ DB1 and I am ready to install it. I'm stuck on the power issue. My home was built a little over 2 years ago. I found the transformer and it is a NuTone
C905 Transformer which is rated at 16-volt, 10VA. I read comments on here that said people were installing new transformers. Some were fine without any change. What does the power kit do that comes with the kit? Is it better to buy a better transformer? If a transformer is preferred, I have a mechanical chime. What specs am I looking for on the new transformer? Before I applied any power, I wanted to check with you guys.

murphys_law

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've read the last 10 or so pages. I bought the EZVIZ DB1 and I am ready to install it. I'm stuck on the power issue. My home was built a little over 2 years ago. I found the transformer and it is a NuTone
C905 Transformer which is rated at 16-volt, 10VA. I read comments on here that said people were installing new transformers. Some were fine without any change. What does the power kit do that comes with the kit? Is it better to buy a better transformer? If a transformer is preferred, I have a mechanical chime. What specs am I looking for on the new transformer? Before I applied any power, I wanted to check with you guys.
Mine worked with the transformer that was installed in my home. The power kit is what makes your mechanical chime ring. I would test with your current transformer to see if it will power the camera. If not get a 16vac 30va transformer for ~$20.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine worked with the transformer that was installed in my home. The power kit is what makes your mechanical chime ring. I would test with your current transformer to see if it will power the camera. If not get a 16vac 30va transformer for ~$20.
Do you recommend testing it with or without the power kit installed?

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Power kit doesn’t do anything until you press the button. If you’re going to use it, I’d install it and test with it.
I'm not sure what the power kit is doing... I understand it works in conjunction with a button push. But do you (or anyone else) recommend testing the camera with or without the power kit installed?

I'm curious to know what the power kit is doing. The instructions don't explain.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the power kit is doing... I understand it works in conjunction with a button push. But do you (or anyone else) recommend testing the camera with or without the power kit installed?

I'm curious to know what the power kit is doing. The instructions don't explain.
Definitely install it if you have a Mech. Chime...It regulates power and fixes low hum issues. Below is for the Ring, but all Smart Doorbells work pretty much the same.

What's inside the Pro Power Kit?

Last edited: