New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My first post here.
I have read all 38 pages.

I bought EZVIZ DB1 variant, i have just tested it and not install to fix position, i have some Hik-vision cam in my home but this one "super hot", in the bottom it is 65 degree (C) when idle that is the first thing i don't like it, the coolest zone is the bell button, it is about 40 degree. The second things is the built-in chime of the camera could not disable or change the volume, i think it could solve in the firmware.

I use DC 12v 24VA, this one could use both AC/DC, because it use H-bridge diode and voltage stabilize chip (CSDB1 Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera Teardown Internal Photos APPENDIX 1 Hangzhou Ezviz Software).
So if you not use a chime you can user DC for smaller power adapter.

And rest this is a great door bell. I use Home Assistant so this one is the best choice, i can add to it, use automation, sensor and snapshot...

In China they also release EZVIZ DB2 with battery and built-in wireless chime and bigger form too, not sure if it could work outside China https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=582222582474
If you want to test it, find third party purchase, they will buy and forward to you.
Thank you for this info on EZVIZ DB2:
upload_2019-8-29_7-38-56.pngupload_2019-8-29_7-40-5.png

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My first post here.
I have read all 38 pages.

I bought EZVIZ DB1 variant, i have just tested it and not install to fix position, i have some Hik-vision cam in my home but this one "super hot", in the bottom it is 65 degree (C) when idle that is the first thing i don't like it, the coolest zone is the bell button, it is about 40 degree. The second things is the built-in chime of the camera could not disable or change the volume, i think it could solve in the firmware.

I use DC 12v 24VA, this one could use both AC/DC, because it use H-bridge diode and voltage stabilize chip (CSDB1 Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera Teardown Internal Photos APPENDIX 1 Hangzhou Ezviz Software).
So if you not use a chime you can user DC for smaller power adapter.

And rest this is a great door bell. I use Home Assistant so this one is the best choice, i can add to it, use automation, sensor and snapshot...

In China they also release EZVIZ DB2 with battery and built-in wireless chime and bigger form too, not sure if it could work outside China https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=582222582474
If you want to test it, find third party purchase, they will buy and forward to you.
How are you using automations and sensors with it in Home Assistant? Is port 80 open and available for the Hikvision component?

JSnP

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The second things is the built-in chime of the camera could not disable or change the volume, i think it could solve in the firmware.
I don't know if it affects the chime, but did you try adjusting the audio sliders in iVMS-4200 (Lite)?

audio.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow the db2 says it has built in facial recognition. I may get one while I am here in China.
Even though I am not a fan of battery Doorbells, they are great for someone without a wired Doorbell and great to add to a Back Door without wiring. If you do get it, let us know how you like it, also, hopefully they fixed the heat issue with this version, though with a battery I doubt it...

Viet Dzung

n3wb
Reaction score
Even though I am not a fan of battery Doorbells, they are great for someone without a wired Doorbell and great to add to a Back Door without wiring. If you do get it, let us know how you like it, also, hopefully they fixed the heat issue with this version, though with a battery I doubt it...
If you don't want it to run on battery, just take it out and wire dc power.

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Laview version of this doorbell has the same faceplate layout as the EZVIZ version? I know the RCA version is *not* the same as the Laview... And it looks like the Laview that I just ordered only comes with a white faceplate while the EZVIZ comes with white, black, and brown.

If they are the same, does anyone have a black or brown one they're not using that they'd be willing to part with?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Laview version of this doorbell has the same faceplate layout as the EZVIZ version? I know the RCA version is *not* the same as the Laview... And it looks like the Laview that I just ordered only comes with a white faceplate while the EZVIZ comes with white, black, and brown.

If they are the same, does anyone have a black or brown one they're not using that they'd be willing to part with?
Since the EZVIZ Doorbell looks like the LaView (See message # 625), we found the extra face plates from the RCA will fit (See message #s 628 & 630)

hawkeye217

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure if you could change the admin password. Just for the sake of not forgetting what it is, I decided not to do it in spite of attempting it once.

On a separate note. I managed to overload the cpu of this camera or maybe triggered something that crashed it: I recently added a 4th RTSP stream (my NAS recording, Home assistant entity, Motion sensing, Facial recognition) and I noticed the streams all die 10hrs after a reboot. I am reducing the streams back to 3 to see if it behaves better as I had 3 for quite sometime without any issues. When it crashes, the doorbell is still up and connected through wifi. It just no longer rings my physical doorbell so it seems like video processing application crashed within the device. Rebooting the device recovers everything but only for another ~10h.

Edit: Confirmed that my problem is fixed... There is a limit to how many streams the cam can reliably support and it appears to be 3.
I have the Laview version on order and plan to integrate it with Home Assistant for realtime person/face detection with Tensorflow, Facebox, and a Google Coral USB accelerator. How are you doing motion detection in HA? Are you using the Hikvision component or some API from the camera to get a motion trigger alert or are you using something else externally to analyze the frames for motion?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Viet Dzung

n3wb
Reaction score
I simply have the the doorbell trigger a 24VAC ice cube relay (DPDT) and one relay switch triggers the doorbell circuit and the other triggers a Z-Wave door sensor (that has external switch inputs). The various doorbell sensors out there are expensive junk and have compatibility issues with many doorbells.

This gives me a cloud free solution that is cost effective.
Could you give me exact relay you buy and how to wire it, best is schema or picture?

Viet Dzung

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys, I am a new member of the forum. I have already introduced myself in the right topic.

A view days ago i bought myself the Ezviz DB1 doorbell cam. Before i'm going to install the doorbell on its permanent location i'm testing all the features.

I'm going to use the DB1 without a physical chime but i have connected it to a 433mhz doorbell transmitter. I've connected the 433mhz transmitter to a 24v relay. This works great. So when the doorbell button is pressed the relay switches and the transmitter sends a signal to my domotica system and i can do whatever i want with it. Just ask me if you want more information.

I also have a question about the Ezviz App. I can view all the doorbell presses in the app with their snapshots but i can't delete them. I'm sure they are not saved on the sd card or my phone. Because if i format the sd card i can still see the call history with its snapshots and if i install the Ezviz app on another phone with the same account ofcourse then the call history is still available. So it looks like the call snapshots are saved into my account. I do not use the cloudstorage. I think the RCA software is similar to the ezviz software. Do you guys know where the call history and its snapshots are stored and how i can delete them? I'm using the Ezviz App on a Android phone.
I want a relay too, i try to wire but it not work, could you share the exact relay type and how to wire it?

This is how i wire it, but not work
wire_db1_cam.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
At this price, it is SO tempting to upgrade my 1st gen Hikvision KB6003, but it works well enough, and HSDB2 is good, but . . . something even better MAY eventually come along.

KlaverBoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want a relay too, i try to wire but it not work, could you share the exact relay type and how to wire it?

This is how i wire it, but not work
View attachment 46782
Below you can see how i have wired my Ezviz DB1 with all the components. Because i'm not an technical engineer it just a simple drawing :) The KaKu is the 433mhz doorbell transmitter.

Aansluiting Ezviz DB1.jpg

20190502_093503.jpg

Last edited:

Viet Dzung

n3wb
Reaction score
Below you can see how i have wired my Ezviz DB1 with all the components. Because i'm not an technical engineer it just a simple drawing :) The KaKu is the 433mhz doorbell transmitter.

View attachment 46815

View attachment 46817
Thank you, this is what i wire but it not work, maybe mine is fault product/power kit or the transformer not provide enough current.
I will try to change the transformer. And what is your firmware version? I use the latest V5.2.4 build 190708

silencery

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you, this is what i wire but it not work, maybe mine is fault product/power kit or the transformer not provide enough current.
I will try to change the transformer. And what is your firmware version? I use the latest V5.2.4 build 190708
Wow, thanks for the great tip on the DC power support!

If you're powering the doorbell with 12V DC, you should be able to use a regular relay to trigger whatever device you want. In the app, make sure to change the doorbell setting to "electronic chime." When the doorbell is pushed, the relay will turn off due to the voltage drop of the doorbell.

The downside to this method is if the power on your doorbell is cut, your doorbell relay will be tripped.