New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was originally only able to login via iVMS-4200. I was getting password errors with the Batch Config tool. I uninstalled the Batch tool and reinstalled. This time, I was able to add the camera to the section above using the password I created at another point.

So, now I can login with both tools. I have been able to load different firmwares via the iVMS-4200 tool. After loading the LaView firmware, I started seeing the RCA logo in recorded video.

Now, I am trying to follow the instructions to turn off the logo but I'm not seeing the option that is referenced in the config tools.
I have the instructions listed in my 101.

For RCA owners, if you want to remove the RCA Logo we found a trick in doing so. You will need to load EZVIZ firmware first, turn ON Logo in iMVS-4200 software, then load LaView's firmware (which will turn Logo OFF)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@David L
I should have read a few more posts. I downgraded to the ezwiz firmware, removed the logo and upgraded back to the laview and got rid of the RCA logo. Thanks for this!
So did you have to turn On the Logo or was it defaulted to On?

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It was defaulted as on. I had to go into the batch configuration to turn it off. I tried to do it on iVMS-4200 and it would pop an error.
I upgraded firmware the same way from both software but the logo removal only worked with the batch configuration tool.
The old firmware used to pop an a special frame on a regular basis which at the moment has been preventing monocle from displaying it on the amazon echo show. I am wondering if this new firmware eliminates this special frame...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It was defaulted as on. I had to go into the batch configuration to turn it off. I tried to do it on iVMS-4200 and it would pop an error.
I upgraded firmware the same way from both software but the logo removal only worked with the batch configuration tool.
The old firmware used to pop an a special frame on a regular basis which at the moment has been preventing monocle from displaying it on the amazon echo show. I am wondering if this new firmware eliminates this special frame...
Thank you I updated my 101 post with the Batch Tool info. I would like to add Amazon and Google section in the 101. May have a few future questions for you on Monocle and how it works...Thanks.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the instructions listed in my 101.

For RCA owners, if you want to remove the RCA Logo we found a trick in doing so. You will need to load EZVIZ firmware first, turn ON Logo in iMVS-4200 software, then load LaView's firmware (which will turn Logo OFF)
Hi David. I appreciate all of the help you and Murphy's Law have been providing. I ran into a few hiccups but I finally got rid of the logo. There was something screwy with how my batch config tool installed. After reinstalling, I could login to the camera.

For your 101, I would suggest listing the exact name of the setting you are checking off for people a little slow like me. lol. I am currently replacing the transformer so I can't see the setting at the moment.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can start the setup, The EZVIZ app fails trying to connect to the Doorbell, When I go thru the connect manually I can see the the Access Point softap_Dnnnnnnn. But the app seems to be looking for Wi-FiEZVIZ_Dnnnnnnn.
I get the error message "Current network is not the same with softap_Dnnnnnnn the device Wi-FiEZVIZ_Dnnnnnnn"

I've tried the iVMS-4500 app, laview app and the RCA app none were able to connect.

Using my Andriod phone I can connect via wifi to the DoorBell using the SID of softap_Dnnnnnnn and the Verification code on the DB. When I use a browser on the phone I get a 404 when connecting to the Doorbell at 192.168..8.1 which looks to be the default IP of the Doorbell. If I knew the path to the configuration I might be able to manually set it up.

This all started when I updated the firmware from the nelly site. It looks like the EZVIZ app doesn't like the SID of softap_Dnnnnnnn. At this point I see no way of restoring the old or EZVIZ firmware.
So question, did you remove the doorbell from the EZVIZ App, then uninstall EZVIZ App, reset the Doorbell, then install EZVIZ App and start from scratch?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi David. I appreciate all of the help you and Murphy's Law have been providing. I ran into a few hiccups but I finally got rid of the logo. There was something screwy with how my batch config tool installed. After reinstalling, I could login to the camera.

For your 101, I would suggest listing the exact name of the setting you are checking off for people a little slow like me. lol. I am currently replacing the transformer so I can't see the setting at the moment.
Good deal, glad you got it removed. I did update the 101, appreciate it. When you get a chance, see if I got it right.

Funny thing about the 101, I have not had to do a lot of the things listed, like firmware or Logo, etc. I bought the LaView, and when they added ONVIF, I joined the Forum to share that it was available, then users here found the LaView's firmware and started upgrading and I have been here ever since July this year :) So most of what is in the 101 is from all the users here, just notes I kept to help others. So it is in a way a Sticky for the Forum.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good deal, glad you got it removed. I did update the 101, appreciate it. When you get a chance, see if I got it right.

Funny thing about the 101, I have not had to do a lot of the things listed, like firmware or Logo, etc. I bought the LaView, and when they added ONVIF, I joined the Forum to share that it was available, then users here found the LaView's firmware and started upgrading and I have been here ever since July this year :) So most of what is in the 101 is from all the users here, just notes I kept to help others. So it is in a way a Sticky for the Forum.
I appreciate you helping like you have. Can't say thanks enough. Compiling the information is priceless. Trying to parse it all together from 70+ pages would be tough. Old school forums like this are what I like.

Tomgar

n3wb
Reaction score
So question, did you remove the doorbell from the EZVIZ App, then uninstall EZVIZ App, reset the Doorbell, then install EZVIZ App and start from scratch?
yes I did. there are no devices showing up on the app.

Now for my update, I was able to connect to my PC and run the firmware upgrade to install the EZVIZ firmware. The first time it failed (restoring the parameters) so I tried it a second time using the option not to reset the parameters. That completed, saying it worked. But now it looks like the wifi is not working on the Doorbell. I don't see the access point EZVIZ_Dnnnnnnn nor softap_Dnnnnnn anymore. I've reset and rebooted the DB.

For a few minutes it looked like it was going to work, but now nothing. There is a Blue flashing light but no wifi signal.

I think I may have bricked it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes I did. there are no devices showing up on the app.

Now for my update, I was able to connect to my PC and run the firmware upgrade to install the EZVIZ firmware. The first time it failed (restoring the parameters) so I tried it a second time using the option not to reset the parameters. That completed, saying it worked. But now it looks like the wifi is not working on the Doorbell. I don't see the access point EZVIZ_Dnnnnnnn nor softap_Dnnnnnn anymore. I've reset and rebooted the DB.

For a few minutes it looked like it was going to work, but now nothing. There is a Blue flashing light but no wifi signal.

I think I may have bricked it.
So do you get voice prompts?

Tomgar

n3wb
Reaction score
So do you get voice prompts?

So I reset it one more time, to hear the responses, and now it's working and connected.

It's got the old firmware. V5.2.4 build 181121, do I dare upgrade it? At least I didn't brick it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Kewl this worked. So I changed Header to DOORBELL101, this will make it easy for someone with questions to search this thread.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I reset it one more time, to hear the responses, and now it's working and connected.

It's got the old firmware. V5.2.4 build 181121, do I dare upgrade it? At least I didn't brick it.
GREAT NEWS!!! So I would hold off on upgrade for now. Make sure you test it on your network for a few days. If you have any hiccups, consider the transformer. Once you feel comfortable with everything working, then you can upgrade. Keep in mind Upgrade is for ONVIF support which you can still manually add RTSP streaming to your recorders. So glad you got it working, not going to lie, I did not have many answers for you :) One great thing about this is of course no brick but that it might help others.

Tomgar

n3wb
Reaction score
GREAT NEWS!!! So I would hold off on upgrade for now. Make sure you test it on your network for a few days. If you have any hiccups, consider the transformer. Once you feel comfortable with everything working, then you can upgrade. Keep in mind Upgrade is for ONVIF support which you can still manually add RTSP streaming to your recorders. So glad you got it working, not going to lie, I did not have many answers for you :) One great thing about this is of course no brick but that it might help others.
Thanks for all the help, I will let this burn in for a while.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In my short search I found this:

Those last ones might just work! Wonder if I could just put it right over the old one?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rafale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Quick update. The special frames are still occurring with the LAview firmware and I think they are destined for the cloud server but found their way into the RSTP stream. As a result the amazon echos still refuses to connect locally to the doorbell's RSTP stream.