New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So.... my new DB1 is installed :) What do you think of the picture quality... it is 3:47pm on an overcast day... sunset is 8:30pm.

VBR @ 2048Kbps
20FPS / Iframe 20
Video encoding = higher
Resolution 2048x1536
WDR off
Exposure 1/250
BLC off

Thoughts for improvement?Doorbell.20200113_154725827.jpg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know if it’s possible to link the doorbell to google or amazon so that they act as a chime ?
I was looking at IFTTT EZVIZ (I guess the are now called Connections) and found a WeMo switch trigger, maybe something that makes sound can be connected to the WeMo switch and triggered by DB motion, I guess you would ask Google to turn switch off:
1578887039721.png

1578886966250.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So.... my new DB1 is installed :) What do you think of the picture quality... it is 3:47pm on an overcast day... sunset is 8:30pm.

VBR @ 2048Kbps
20FPS / Iframe 20
Video encoding = higher
Resolution 2048x1536
WDR off
Exposure 1/250
BLC off

Thoughts for improvement?View attachment 53830
Have you tried 30FPS? Pick Full Frame

rkulp89

n3wb
Reaction score
Get any further? If you are within your return period you may want to not go any further and just return it. If not, no big deal, we all have a year warranty on these so you can RMA.
Sent it back and installed the EZVIZ with Nelly
Get any further? If you are within your return period you may want to not go any further and just return it. If not, no big deal, we all have a year warranty on these so you can RMA.
Sent the RCA back for an EZVIZ and put LaView 190625 build on it. Working great in the app but I haven’t used blue iris in years and only played around with it a short period back then anyways. I’m really not sure if Onvif is working or not but I see the image.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would really prefer to have it activated by press rather than motion though.
So button press could be triggered by a relay, several here use them, and that trigger would be detected via home automation which a routine could have Google/Alexa announce.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds good... i just activated that setting. Thanks. However, I am a little worried the bitrate may be a little low for that resolution and FPS? All my other cameras bitrate sit at like 8000-1000 lol
Yeah, some here have had to lower frame rate, but I seem to remember only maybe two doing so. That is lower from 30 to I think 25FPS. Time will tell for you. Thanks for sharing...

Oh yeah, you setup the picture quality very nicely. I have had to turn my WDR off too. But I think I may have to adjust seasonal, due to the sun being in different positions, summer, winter.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sent it back and installed the EZVIZ with Nelly

Sent the RCA back for an EZVIZ and put LaView 190625 build on it. Working great in the app but I haven’t used blue iris in years and only played around with it a short period back then anyways. I’m really not sure if Onvif is working or not but I see the image.
Thank you for the up date. Nelly's 190625 and LaView's 190716 does have ONVIF, how you can tell in Blue Iris is during the FInd/Inspect you will see it list the ONVIF supported features, also it will fill in all the required blanks setting up a new camera for you. Last, you see it in the PTZ tab in camera settings:

1578923865648.png

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well this is weird, I now can access PIR recording without the error message. I made no changes but did notice Ezviz support had read my ticket. They did not reply to it only read it. I will keep tabs on it.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So button press could be triggered by a relay, several here use them, and that trigger would be detected via home automation which a routine could have Google/Alexa announce.
I am really interested in knowing more about this. Is there any way you could link me to something or help me understand it more? Even to add it to the 101.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am really interested in knowing more about this. Is there any way you could link me to something or help me understand it more? Even to add it to the 101.
So if you do a search in this thread for relay, there a many messages that pull up. I would focus on recent messages from users/owners that are outside of the USA since power, of course, is different. Many have listed the model # of their relays and how they hooked it up. You could then reach out to them in Inbox/Conversations if you need more on-on-one help.

1578935887663.png

Hopefully one day I can get someone to help write-up a generalized instructional of how to add a relay to add to the 101. Thank You...

Priknr1

n3wb
Reaction score
On my mobile I'm using both EZVIZ app and Synology DS Mobile app (the videosurveillance sw client) and I get notifies at every motion detection event by both apps. I could uninstall EZVIZ app, but I need it to answer when someone rings. Too bad it can't be done with the DS Mobile. For configuration I'm using only Hikvison's Config Tool.

So now I have to find a way to let my Echo devices wake up and notify me when someone's at the gate and rings the doorbell and I can uninstall my old videointercom. I also need to integrate a feature to open the gate (right now the old intercom uses a 12V relay) I found a sonoff external button that has an integrated relay and integrates with Alexa. So I will then want to answer the doorbell via app and then instruct Alexa to open the gate, and I will also have a manual button outside in case internet connection is down.

I thought to share my experience like many kind people did here (I learned a lot from everybody, thanks) so newcomers could have more information to digest. :)

Thanks in advance for every suggestion you could give me about solving my issues and improving my installation.
@alexdelprete Can you tell me what the settings for synology SS are? Getting my EZVIZ tomorrow, and I am fine with the motion detection of Synology SS. So this is exactle the setup I want :)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@alexdelprete Can you tell me what the settings for synology SS are? Getting my EZVIZ tomorrow, and I am fine with the motion detection of Synology SS. So this is exactle the setup I want :)
I tried first with EZVIZ default firmware. You must use RTSP standard links (check 101 for details on the format of the link). Then setup motion detection through Synology.
Then I tried Nelly's firmware with ONVIF support. It was a much better experience to configure, more options came up in Synology sw, main one being the choice of having motion detection through the DB1 or through Synology.

It's pretty easy once you configure the camera through the mobile app first, then fine tune config through Hikvision's Config Tool. I would advise to first configure the camera next to your pc, so you have good wireless signal and you can see what's going on with the camera visually. Once everything works, I moved it to the outside as the last step, to make sure it had a proper wireless signal etc.

The only thing I'm missing is having the doorbell wake up Echo devices in the house because I have no chime inside and integrating an alexa compatible relay switch to open the outside gate. Too bad these doorbells don't have an integrated relay to command the opening of an electric lock. It would be perfect.

If you need help for Synology integration, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Reaction score
So, instead of monitoring the doorbell's button, monitor the chime and have it signal the home automation that the doorbell was pressed?
Like this: DIY Smart Doorbell for just $2, no soldering required

I just started looking into this. I have the camera feed coming into my home automation fine. Next step was to trigger an event from doorbell ring. What are some of you doing for this?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, instead of monitoring the doorbell's button, monitor the chime and have it signal the home automation that the doorbell was pressed?
Like this: DIY Smart Doorbell for just $2, no soldering required

I just started looking into this. I have the camera feed coming into my home automation fine. Next step was to trigger an event from doorbell ring. What are some of you doing for this?
Great find, will include it in the 101

Reaction score
Great find, will include it in the 101
As long as you're in there... I see in that post you have sample URLs for the RTSP feeds. If you want a still image (such as when recording who pressed the button), this URL kicks out a single JPG at the time of the call: http://<IP.address>/onvif/snapshot