New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
@TechBill

Because of the poor playback on the Guarding Vision I went back to the Ezviz app. After 3 days of erratic notifications the last 2 days were spot on, did not miss a one. Go Figure!!

I'm wondering if the fix for the casting would work on the Guarding Vision playback?? Can you try this Bill?
I am not sure what you meant by "fix for the casting"?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@TechBill

EZVIZ support suggested the following and I can now stream the DB1 camera image on my TV / Chromecast.

"For the streaming issue, please go to the Live view page on EZVIZ APP to reduce the resolution to Hi-Def then try it again. During this setup, it would be better if you could use the same wifi frequency."

My DB1 is still configured for the 2.4ghz WiFi and my Chromecast is on 5ghz WiFi but it seems to stream now anyway with the lower video resolution.
The change from Ultra Hi-Def to Hi-Def....

Trp3383

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so I'm having problems getting my LaView Halo One to show up on my amazon show. It has the latest 190716 firmware and I enabled the laview halo skill and it found my camera. But when I say show my camera it try's to load the feed but it never loads it. I turned off the encryption for the camera also. In the alexa app it show under the camera that its connected via laview one and description states device connected via ezviz. Why would it be connected via ezviz? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

dromero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Am I the only one where onvif stops working after a few minutes? Same thing for connections with iVMS-4200 and Batch Configuration, doorbell is discovered but all local comunications with it fail. Only the cloud connection is still working, including video stream over cloud.

ping works

to get it to work again I need to pull the power.

I've a 8V AC power supply

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could be the transformer is underpowered?

Are you using a static IP or a DHCP assigned static IP.

From the FAQ...hxxps:/ipcamtalk.com/threads/new-rca-hsdb2a-3mp-doorbell-ip-camera.31601/page-101

Transformers; this is one of the big questions with Smart Doorbells, what size do I need or do I even need to change it at all? Well it is all up to your existing Transformer and Chime, there are many different brands of Transformers all putting out different voltages/loads than what their label states. It will be hit or miss if your Transformer can handle the extra Load created by the Smart Doorbell (when the Doorbell button is pushed). There are two types of Chimes out there, Mechanical and Digital and many brands. Most here tried their existing transformers first, if they had problems with the Chime not working properly, Doorbell randomly disconnecting from the network, random reboots, etc., they changed theirs out. The general rule is, if your existing transformer is 16v then replace with 16v, if 24v then buy a 24v (Some have reported going from 16v to 24v increased their Chime volume). But what needs to increase to fix the above stated problems is the Volts/Amps (va), since your Smart Doorbell requires constant power (which is not a problem since your Chime uses no power until your Doorbell button is pushed) the Smart Doorbell will increase the Load, which depending on your Chime, may or may not work properly. Several owners here are using their 16v 10va with no problems, mine worked also with no problems. But if you have problems, 16v 30va or 24v 30va is a common replacement, you could use a 40va too.

Summary; By adding a Smart Doorbell to an existing Doorbell/Chime system, pressing the new Smart Doorbell button will now increase the Load so in most cases you need a transformer that can handle this increased draw/load, this is why you would go with a higher rated (va) transformer.
For Mechanical Chimes, here is a video to help explain transformers:

16v 10va vs. 16v 30va Doorbell Transformer

Leave it connected via VLC and watch the traffic to see if you see any drop outs via the status.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Am I the only one where onvif stops working after a few minutes? Same thing for connections with iVMS-4200 and Batch Configuration, doorbell is discovered but all local comunications with it fail. Only the cloud connection is still working, including video stream over cloud.

ping works

to get it to work again I need to pull the power.

I've a 8V AC power supply

I would say the power is a bit low ... I would try swapping it out to 16V and also your wifi may not be stable enough to handle a 24/7 streaming. What wifi ap you have?

dromero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not trying to stream the video, but the onvif events. I will try to see if I've interrumptions in the video stream too.

I use the following transformer:

What does the "va" in 16V 30va stand for?

I've no chime connected. Currently the only thing connected to the transformer is the doorbell with the fuse in between. Will connect a relay as soon as I get it.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not trying to stream the video, but the onvif events. I will try to see if I've interrumptions in the video stream too.

I've no chime connected. Currently the only thing connected to the transformer is the doorbell with the fuse in between. Will connect a relay as soon as I get it.
voltage ampere

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

VA is volts amperes or if you will Watts.
I have this one working with achime connected to the ezviz version

Attachments

dromero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I have the same behavior with the rtsp feed.

So I'm going to try another Trafo.

@Emiks5 are you able to continuely stream with that Trafo?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Are you in Switzerland? Had to look up Trafo = Transformer :) Your country is definitely on our bucket list...

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Yes I do stream continuous to a rapberry pi running motioeye, which records moition videoos and uploads it to a privat cloudserver. I must admit that i do get sometimes hickups. Cant really tell when or why. Its not depending one on one on chiming, motion, nor IR leds being on. Could be the network. Be sure you ve got a strong wifi signal at the doorbell. Guardian app gives - 49 dB at the moment.

dromero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! Just ordered it, hope to get the same results. Will post it as soon as I've installed it. Incl. the script I'm creating to get the motion detection info in node red if someone is interested.

Will take a look at this guardian app.

Greetings from Switzerland

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the script I'm creating to get the motion detection info in node red if someone is interested.

Are you getting the motion detection info from the doorbell?

dromero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the script I'm creating to get the motion detection info in node red if someone is interested.

Are you getting the motion detection info from the doorbell?
Yes, and for now it works as good as it can with the doorbell API being that unstable, good reliability test for the script

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@David L
Could you also add this piece of hardware to your "other hardware" in the 101?
Doorbell Modernizr

Works like a charm with my Ezviz DB1, just hook it on in parallel and it works.
I use this with Home Assistant, which takes a snapshotand sends it to me via Telegram.
Hi @Fietspomp, I just ordered one from Erik. Could you provide more details on how you connected it to the Ezviz DB1? I have the same model, but I don't have an internal chime. Just curious to know if you can connect it to the DB1 as if it was a Chime, and if you used the power-box that comes with the DB1.

Thanks for any help on this. :)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, and for now it works as good as it can with the doorbell API being that unstable, good reliability test for the script
Hi @dromero, this is really interesting. I thought about intercepting the doorbell button press via API instead of a hardware sensor solution. Do you know if in the APIs there is an event to be captured when someone presses the ring button?

A couple of quick ones: Where can I find the API documentation? Is it really unstable?

Thanks for your insights. :)

dromero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @dromero, this is really interesting. I thought about intercepting the doorbell button press via API instead of a hardware sensor solution. Do you know if in the APIs there is an event to be captured when someone presses the ring button?

A couple of quick ones: Where can I find the API documentation? Is it really unstable?

Thanks for your insights. :)
It's the onvif events API, have it working with Nelly and Laview firmware. That it's unstable doesn't come from the API but from my underpowered doorbell (at least I hope that), I'm waiting for a new transformer. I'm using this lib, works flawlessly:

I also looked for a ring button event but there doesn't seem to be one. If you want to go down a hacky route you might want to intercept the call to the cloud when the button is pressed.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
and for now it works as good as it can with the doorbell API being that unstable, good reliability test for the script

Good news!!!