New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One can only hope,
but,
I will not be holding my breath,
especially,
after reading some of the responses (from EZVIZ) about ONVIF support in the Question section of the Amazon seller page for the EZVIZ version
You know this puzzles me, it is not like EZVIZ have any NVRs for sale to make their customers married to their brand. LaView sales a good number of Hikvision NVRs yet they opened up ONVIF support. I don't get it.

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You know this puzzles me, it is not like EZVIZ have any NVRs for sale to make their customers married to their brand. LaView sales a good number of Hikvision NVRs yet they opened up ONVIF support. I don't get it.
Totaly
One would think that as a business, they would want there product to offer as many features as possible to make it stand out as the best choice for consumers to purchase.
I can not see the strategy in holding back support for a feature that is already offered on identical hardware and to my knowledge it shouldn't even cost them anything to support it in other words they only stand to gain

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As for the topic of, ONVIF on the EZVIZ

I just thought of, well,
"actually Remembered",
a possible reason for EZVIZ not to be offering ONVIF support.

Some months ago,
I saw a headline about the Trump administration running some sort of ban on Dahua, Hikvision and Huawei products.

US Government Ban of Dahua, Hikvision, Huawei Takes Effect ...

While the article linked above is not the same as the one I read originally,
it is along the same subject,
and said subject is what originally lead me to further research the matter,
keep in mind, I was looking into this stuff months ago,
but, while researching,
I came across another article that lead me to the following

ONVIF Suspends Dahua and Hikvision -- Security Today

My understanding of all of this is,
that it mostly stems from Alleged Human rights violations,
due to the use of Hikvision cameras in third world concentration camps.

US blacklists 8 Chinese tech companies over human rights issues

but,
their are also accusations of cyber crimes, and other possible, privacy violation concerns.
One of the articles I read, said that the Chinese government was using said cameras to violate the privacy of minorities so as to control the population in various places around the world,
and one of them even mentioned genocide.

All that being said,
and Moderators please understand,
I am not proposing any sort of political debate.

in fact,
I'm merely offering food for thought.
As well as sharing information,
I myself found to be interesting.

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Also
I think the biggest advantage to us is that
it gives us a native way to access still images from a live feed
to do with as you please

Otherwise if you do a simple search of this thread for ONVIF someone has done a post that list all of the various little advantages of ONVIF in full detail but it was a while back so I can't remember which post or who So again search is your friend
it was me over at New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
As for the topic of, ONVIF on the EZVIZ

I just thought of, well,
"actually Remembered",
a possible reason for EZVIZ not to be offering ONVIF support.

Some months ago,
I saw a headline about the Trump administration running some sort of ban on Dahua, Hikvision and Huawei products.

US Government Ban of Dahua, Hikvision, Huawei Takes Effect ...

While the article linked above is not the same as the one I read originally,
it is along the same subject,
and said subject is what originally lead me to further research the matter,
keep in mind, I was looking into this stuff months ago,
but, while researching,
I came across another article that lead me to the following

ONVIF Suspends Dahua and Hikvision -- Security Today

My understanding of all of this is,
that it mostly stems from Alleged Human rights violations,
due to the use of Hikvision cameras in third world concentration camps.

US blacklists 8 Chinese tech companies over human rights issues

but,
their are also accusations of cyber crimes, and other possible, privacy violation concerns.
One of the articles I read, said that the Chinese government was using said cameras to violate the privacy of minorities so as to control the population in various places around the world,
and one of them even mentioned genocide.

All that being said,
and Moderators please understand,
I am not proposing any sort of political debate.

in fact,
I'm merely offering food for thought.
As well as sharing information,
I myself found to be interesting.
Correct, it about human right violations other word using facial recognition to capture people who evaded going to court or paying their fines / taxes to the China government.

The ban doesn't mean because it had some backdoor using to spy on USA government or we couldn't purchase the hardware for private or personal uses from them. The ban mean the government or the contractors who do business with government cannot use their products or purchase from them. Actually, totaling 28 companies was banned, those two are the big names companies that have hardwares installed in our government buildings and i doubt it was taken down either and still in operation. I read that there was like over 17,000 still in operation at varies of government locations.

It may not be true but I think WH place those bans to make the USA security manufacturer pockets a little thicker but that just my opinion.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Off of the OP a bit....

There is much ado to facial recognition like there was to the use of fingerprints at the turn of the century. It's a race as to the best technology and the Chinese are selling their wares all over the world. Personally here have used cameras at construction job sites to monitor progress.

Just today reading an article on using a laser and a heartbeat fingerprint to ID a person from afar.

US military's 'Jetson' laser can ID your unique heartbeat hundreds of feet away

Personally thinking we should keep political discussions out of this thread.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Correct, it about human right violations other word using facial recognition to capture people who evaded going to court or paying their fines / taxes to the China government.

The ban doesn't mean because it had some backdoor using to spy on USA government or we couldn't purchase the hardware for private or personal uses from them. The ban mean the government or the contractors who do business with government cannot use their products or purchase from them. Actually, totaling 28 companies was banned, those two are the big names companies that have hardwares installed in our government buildings and i doubt it was taken down either and still in operation. I read that there was like over 17,000 still in operation at varies of government locations.

It may not be true but I think WH place those bans to make the USA security manufacturer pockets a little thicker but that just my opinion.
Believe me, every US made Camera company uses this as a pitch for their sales. I have called at least 3 and All referred to Chinese cheap/backdoor Dahua cameras as their pitch. Now I am one who believes in buying American whenever possible, Ford thanks me :), But I can't afford the couple of thousand dollar quotes I got for 2-3 cameras and a NVR. For some reason I believe we are not far off from a facial recon society here in the states anyway.

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Off of the OP a bit....

There is much ado to facial recognition like there was to the use of fingerprints at the turn of the century. It's a race as to the best technology and the Chinese are selling their wares all over the world. Personally here have used cameras at construction job sites to monitor progress.

Just today reading an article on using a laser and a heartbeat fingerprint to ID a person from afar.

US military's 'Jetson' laser can ID your unique heartbeat hundreds of feet away

Personally thinking we should keep political discussions out of this thread.
Totally Agree,
Hence the statement at the bottom of my earlier post #2,623.
Said Post is intended to be about the possible reason for a lack of ONVIF support on the EZVIZ device and not to do with politics at all.

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Believe me, every US made Camera company uses this as a pitch for their sales. I have called at least 3 and All referred to Chinese cheap/backdoor Dahua cameras as their pitch. Now I am one who believes in buying American whenever possible, Ford thanks me :), But I can't afford the couple of thousand dollar quotes I got for 2-3 cameras and a NVR. For some reason I believe we are not far off from a facial recon society here in the states anyway.
Exactly,

The best tool for the Job.
at the best price.

That's how I shop anyway.

My Wife on the other hand does it "Ass Backwards" IMO.
She is overly concerned with price, no matter what is being shopped for.
I have a hell of a time getting her to look past the price and to take into account the overall offerings of a certain product, (benefits,features Etc.)

Sorry,
Off-Topic I know!
I'll reign it in.

Bossman74

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to search the thread for an answer but wasn't successful.

Can you guys tell me how me and my wife can use the EZVIZ app on our respective phones, but that only one of the two receives the call when someone rings ?

Right we're both logged on with my user, but my wife works at home, we'd like for only her to get the call when someone is at the door, and not me during a work meeting...

Is that possible ? And is so how ?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Said Post is intended to be about the possible reason for a lack of ONVIF support on the EZVIZ device and not to do with politics at all.

Understood.

It will be a bit of reverse engineering to get what we want with the OP Hikvision Doorbell camera.

The tools are there and being utilized by the third party vendors selling the same product.

Here is a test Hikvision camera board that I purchased. Check out the features.

tracking.jpg

Here CCTV / Automation for home is a hobby. WAF is good cuz it keeps me busy.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Can you guys tell me how me and my wife can use the EZVIZ app on our respective phones, but that only one of the two receives the call when someone rings ?

Right we're both logged on with my user, but my wife works at home, we'd like for only her to get the call when someone is at the door, and not me during a work meeting...

Please try th share function in the ezviz app. Here you can check/uncheck all kinds of functions the shared account should have.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Don't have the answer, only a few suggestions. You can try to play with notification permissions on your phone, turning them off for The EZVIZ App. Just not sure if this will work for Doorbell Calls. Maybe try the shared account feature in the App, but with your wife's phone allowing your phone to share so you can try to turn Off Answer Doorbell Call, if it let's you.

Bossman74

n3wb
Reaction score
Please try th share function in the ezviz app. Here you can check/uncheck all kinds of functions the shared account should have.
I'll try that , if I understand correctly she needs to create her own user and then I share the device to that user ?

Bossman74

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't have the answer, only a few suggestions. You can try to play with notification permissions on your phone, turning them off for The EZVIZ App. Just not sure if this will work for Doorbell Calls. Maybe try the shared account feature in the App, but with your wife's phone allowing your phone to share so you can try to turn Off Answer Doorbell Call, if it let's you.
When we both use the same user to login, the settings are synced between the phones, so I cannot deactivate my notifications without deactivating hers. I'll see if the share function permits that.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When we both use the same user to login, the settings are sync between the phones, so I cannot deactivate my notifications without deactivating hers.
If you go to Phone Settings in Your Phone, you can turn off notifications for certain Apps. On Android it is under Apps/App permissions.

Bossman74

n3wb
Reaction score
If you go to Phone Settings in Your Phone, you can turn off notifications for certain Apps. On Android it is under Apps/App permissions.
That's the problem I'd still like to receive them but only when I'm not at work. Maybe I asking for too much...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll try that , if I understand correctly she needs to create her own user and then I share the device to that user ?

Correct each share app must have its own account then you add that user's account in your app to share the function over to other user's phone.

Think your app as the master app and your wife app as the slave app ... Ok maybe that sounded so wrong but you get the idea .. :)

Other thing about share features is that you can share with other devices but nobody will be able to change your camera setting since it could only be changed on master app.

When we tried sharing the same account on both phone, my wife phone kept asking for password or logged off and when she force log back in then my notification would stop working and when I restart my app. My wife app would be prompting for password again (camera's password not account) so that when we start experimenting with share function of the app.

The problem went away and the notification was spot on for both of our apps with share feature but we are now using Hik-Connect app.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
That's the problem I'd still like to receive them but only when I'm not at work. Maybe I asking for too much...
I don't remember if Ezviz app have that function or not but on Hik-Connect, you can set up time schedule (during your work time) that you don't want to be disturbed however I am not sure if that function will also be shared over to other devices or each device have it own notification time schedule settings. This may be something you should look into.