New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

mitchrapp

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh ... maybe a finger print smear on the len? You uploaded it to YouTube in 720p resolution so I couldn't tell you if it the camera or Youtube downgrading it.
When I view the Youtube video, it shows as 1440p. Video quality looks fine to me.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What would be a free or reasonable priced network tool/program that allows me to map my network for devices and their IP and or MAC addresses that would display in a flow chart or allow me to either capture the data so I can enter it in a network diagram chart. It has been many years since I used Visio, so looking for something along those lines. Also to be able add comment info like VLAN info per device.

Thanks

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't use the fuse, that is to be used only if you have nothing. But you need to use the power kit. I followed the schema of the 101, instead of the chime you use the SAGE, connections are the same. In the app I configured an electronic chime. It works perfectly,

View attachment 56097
Do you remember if your Sage green wire (front) is tied with the white or black wire of the power kit?

I connected Sage green with white power kit and the Sage white with black power kit and it wouldn’t work. The doorbell stop working once its’ internal battery is drained out

the chime wouldn’t work but EZVIZ app no longer have a setting to switch to chime so tomorrow I will try again and use Guarding Vision app to change chime setting

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you remember if your Sage green wire (front) is tied with the white or black wire of the power kit?

I connected Sage green with white power kit and the Sage white with black power kit and it wouldn’t work. The doorbell stop working once its’ internal battery is drained out

the chime wouldn’t work but EZVIZ app no longer have a setting to switch to chime so tomorrow I will try again and use Guarding Vision app to change chime setting
I followed this schema:

1583582075359.png

Here's a picture while I was testing it, you can see white on white and green on black:

1583582360056.png

Let me know if you need further help. It works. Keep in mind that the only problem I had was that if I turned off power to the doorbell, I had to remove sage battery, wait 5 secs, reinsert it. It needs a reboot after a power-down/power-up cycle. But that could depend also on the Hubitat driver for the SAGE I'm using

Let me know how it goes.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What would be a free or reasonable priced network tool/program that allows me to map my network for devices and their IP and or MAC addresses that would display in a flow chart or allow me to either capture the data so I can enter it in a network diagram chart. It has been many years since I used Visio, so looking for something along those lines. Also to be able add comment info like VLAN info per device.

Thanks
I use SoftPerfect utilities for many things. One of those is WiFI Guard. Basically, when a device connects to my wifi, the scanner detects it and asks me if it is a known device, and I put a description of it to trace it. Once I acknowledge it as known device, it puts a green mark in the list. I like it because I can see the IPs, MAC addresses and what device it is.

1583582778796.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The flashing can be configured:

View attachment 56898

I noticed the OSD string of Joshwah ends on "(S)". My OSD string ends on "(W)". Does anybody know whats that about?
So our LaView has a "(W)" too. Our Doorbell faces West, just a guess, not sure if it is able to detect location like a GPS though :)
Maybe something to do with Timezone?
Josh, is from Australia, is it a regional tag? I live in the (USA) West :)

1583588329724.png

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So our LaView has a "(W)" too. Our Doorbell faces West, just a guess, not sure if it is able to detect location like a GPS though :)
Maybe something to do with Timezone?
Josh, is from Australia, is it a regional tag? I live in the (USA) West :)

View attachment 56902
Isnt it summertime and wintertime as in daylight saving time?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use SoftPerfect utilities for many things. One of those is WiFI Guard. Basically, when a device connects to my wifi, the scanner detects it and asks me if it is a known device, and I put a description of it to trace it. Once I acknowledge it as known device, it puts a green mark in the list. I like it because I can see the IPs, MAC addresses and what device it is.

View attachment 56901
Thanks I will look at their products. I did see the "portable" label on your pic, that I like.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good guess except for my Central Timezone it would be Winter, Fall, guess I need to go back on some of my post (with DB pics) and see if it changed.

1583589574501.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well I am wrong, as usual. You win a chicken dinner. It is DST. I found a Sept. post with mine showing a "S"

Guess I got confused with the "Spring Forward, Fall Back" sayings. I get confused easily now a days :)

Oh and I will fully confirm this tomorrow, after DST changes "Spring Forward"

Last edited:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I followed this schema:

View attachment 56899

Here's a picture while I was testing it, you can see white on white and green on black:

View attachment 56900

Let me know if you need further help. It works. Keep in mind that the only problem I had was that if I turned off power to the doorbell, I had to remove sage battery, wait 5 secs, reinsert it. It needs a reboot after a power-down/power-up cycle. But that could depend also on the Hubitat driver for the SAGE I'm using

Let me know how it goes.
Thank you for picture.

I will try the other way around tonight.

I wondered if there anything under the heat shrink tubing or it’s just solid wire soldered a strained wire.

I am tempted to clip off the Y wires and just solder each wires all together but I am not sure if there a diode or something inside that heat shrink tubing

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity: What value did you choose for the I frame interval and why?
Mine is currently at 60 which i guess was the default.
Capture.PNG

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I followed this schema:

View attachment 56899

View attachment 56900

Let me know how it goes.

I finally got the chime working today. It turn out that the chime i brought was defective from the factory so I had to take it back to exchange it.

The power kit wires at the Y was just soldered wires and I clipped it off and twisted it with Sage Sensor then put a new terminal so it easier to screw it in. I have not yet pair it with hubitat since it still sitting on the floor in the attic. I plan to mount it in the hallway wall tomorrow.

It is required to set Chime in the doorbell setting and the recent update removed that. It wouldn't work at all so I had to download Guarding Vision to set the chime in the doorbell setting before it would start working. I wondered how ezviz managed to mess that one up so if anyone here want to hook it to chime will still need to enable in setting.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally got the chime working today. It turn out that the chime i brought was defective from the factory so I had to take it back to exchange it.

The power kit wires at the Y was just soldered wires and I clipped it off and twisted it with Sage Sensor then put a new terminal so it easier to screw it in. I have not yet pair it with hubitat since it still sitting on the floor in the attic. I plan to mount it in the hallway wall tomorrow.

It is required to set Chime in the doorbell setting and the recent update removed that. It wouldn't work at all so I had to download Guarding Vision to set the chime in the doorbell setting before it would start working. I wondered how ezviz managed to mess that one up so if anyone here want to hook it to chime will still need to enable in setting.

Wow, I just logged into my hub and click the Zigbee then bam it found my doorbell sensor and saved it.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Glad you made it Bill. :)

Yes ezviz did an awful thing removing that, when my replacement doorbell arrives, I'll have to use another app to enable and configure the chime options. There's no logic in removing those options.