New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The DB1 and the relay that activates my doorbell is hookup to the 12 VAC. Which has always worked fine.

I think they removed the chime type selection a few version of the (Ezviz) app ago. What's suspisious is that the Ezviz app just recently got updated (V4.3.1.0424).
Below are the options visible, no chime type selecton.

View attachment 61610View attachment 61611
Guarding Vision app still has the chime selection

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What Hikvision app exactly do you use? Searching on "Hikvision" gives me about a dozen apps in the play store.
They have their own appstore now it's not on the playstore i think the link is in the 101 if not check @alexdelprete's posts from the past few days he gave the link recently

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The DB1 and the relay that activates my doorbell is hookup to the 12 VAC. Which has always worked fine.

I think they removed the chime type selection a few version of the (Ezviz) app ago. What's suspisious is that the Ezviz app just recently got updated (V4.3.1.0424).
Below are the options visible, no chime type selecton.

View attachment 61610View attachment 61611
That's what I thought it was. It happened to me a month ago and I wrote it here: after the last update, didn't receive notifications from my SAGE sensor, and i discovered that EZVIZ app got updated. Use another mobile app to reactivate the chime. That's why it didn't work in your case, you had my same issue. :)

In any case, now I upgraded to Hikvision fw and I'm using Hik-connect app. Download it from their appstore.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
24volts is realy not necessary, but 12 Volts is. Mine is 12Volts 18VA and working fine for almost a year now.
Not my experience. I have a transformer with 12/24v 40VA. With 12v it wasn't consistent, had strange issues with SAGE sensor and weird behavior. Since I switched to 24v I have zero issues.
1589379687349.png

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, i deleted the DB1 from the Ezviz app. and installed the hik-connect app. After adding the DB1 via the QR code it says "the device model is not supported".
I did the same with the Guardian vision app.. It says "Operation failed (102030)".

I'm getting annoyed by this. :mad:

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I flashed the hikvision firmware and gave a reset (via BC and inside the config).
Adding via the QR code still doesn't work.

Added the DB1 via manual adding". This worked, i can see the camera feed.
But where can i find the settings of the doorbell? I noticed the hik-connect app is dated may 06 2020 so very recent. Hope they didn't remove that option from their app.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Click the three black dots in upper right next to the name of the device on the home page (Hik-Connect in lower left) or (I believe this is specific to iphones) swipe left on the name of the device then click the gear icon.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You can also adjust the majority of the doorbell settings in Batch Config Tool with the exception of the PIR sensor area.

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Click the three black dots in upper right next to the name of the device on the home page (Hik-Connect in lower left) or (I believe this is specific to iphones) swipe left on the name of the device then click the gear icon.
This is what i see in the main screen.
Screenshot_20200513-175544_Hik-Connect.jpg
Clicking on the three dots shows me this:
Screenshot_20200513-175551_Hik-Connect.jpg

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can also adjust the majority of the doorbell settings in Batch Config Tool with the exception of the PIR sensor area.
Changing parameters via the BC is my preferred way.
But the parameter to change the chime type isn't available in the BC. That's the whole point of using hik-connect or Guardian vision app. As other users pointed out in these apps this parameter should be available.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is what i see in the main screen.
View attachment 61640
Clicking on the three dots shows me this:
View attachment 61641
Either the upgrade didn't work, or you didn't reset correctly. I talked about it in the latest 2 weeks, also wrote a post with the procedure to correctly upgrade to hikvision fw and add it as a brand new camera. Read those posts.

After you add it correctly, via standard QR procedure etc., you should see this, then you click the 3 dots and you see the second screenshot.

1589387599128.png1589387622030.png

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, i deleted the DB1 from the Ezviz app. and installed the hik-connect app. After adding the DB1 via the QR code it says "the device model is not supported".
I did the same with the Guardian vision app.. It says "Operation failed (102030)".

I'm getting annoyed by this. :mad:
The only thing I know that i dis not have to deletevde DB1 from th EZviz app to be able to add it to the GuardingVision app. So on my iphone both work at the same time.

SteveZ

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the EZVIZ DB1 currently running the Hikvision firmware.

I can use both the EZVIZ app and the Hik-Connect app at the same time, but I have never managed to add the DB1 by using the Hik-Connect app; I have only been able to add the DB1 by using EZVIZ app.

phatboyj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Jack007

What @alexdelprete said, "Just above",
and,
F.Y.I,
when someone attempts to help you there is a like button at the bottom of every post, Hitting that button is how we show appreciation in a forum such as this.
The above statement is in no way meant as a Jab.
I'm simply pointing it out for those who may not know...

aralos1999

n3wb
Reaction score
This is my experience upgrading the firmware from EZVIZ to Hikvision.

I followed Alexdelprete's recipe but with a different path:

1. Using Batch Configuration, I upgraded the firmware from EZVIZ to Hikvision. I did not reboot at this point.
2. I then click the Restore Default Configuration button to select "Restore Partial Configuration".
3. The EZVIZ DB reboots automatically and goes into configuration mode with the blue light flashing. The DB access point remained at EZVIZ_SerialNumber. So no need to change SSID.
4. I started the EZVIZ Android app and delete the existing EZVIZ firmware DB. I then click the add button to add a new DB. It found the Hikvision firmware EZVIZ DB and began the setup process. The doorbell chime type selection was there as part of the setup (but disappeared after the setup).
5. After I completed the setup, the DB is working as before but now I have onvif support.

The firmware upgrade process is super smooth and no surprises (except for the one below)

Only 1 small issue is that I now have the EZVIZ logo on the cam and no way to get rid of it.

Just sharing my 2 cents.

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Either the upgrade didn't work, or you didn't reset correctly. I talked about it in the latest 2 weeks, also wrote a post with the procedure to correctly upgrade to hikvision fw and add it as a brand new camera. Read those posts.

After you add it correctly, via standard QR procedure etc., you should see this, then you click the 3 dots and you see the second screenshot.

View attachment 61647View attachment 61648
Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the SSIDs. This made definatly a difference. Unfortunalty i did not succeed in adding the DB1in the hik-connect app.
As a last resort i added the DB1 back in the Ezviz app. During the adding process the question is ask what chime type is used. Behold; my chime works works again. Why this option is vanished as a the normal parameter is beyond me.

As a last effort i flashed back the Ezviz firmware and repeated the adding process.
Long story short and a few hours lost which i ever don't get back; the thing works again.