New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

DJConan

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you read just (at least) the last 2-3 pages of this thread? Or maybe the 101 document linked in my signature? That would be my suggestion. :)

When you configured the DB1 with ezviz app, did you configure the chime? mechanical or electonic chime? the problem is that after the first config, the ezviz app doesn't let you change the chime options, they removed the option menu from the app. So, in your specific case, if you can't manage to use GV app, or Hikivision mobile app, which have the chime options menu always available, also after the first configuration of the doorbell, what you can do with EZVIZ mobile app is remove the camera from the app, and reconfigure it from scratch, like you just got out of the box now. So add the camera again from the app, and the wizard, once it sees the camera, will then also ask you if you have a chime connected, what type of chime and if you want to enable it.

You did install the power-kit of the DB1 right?
Yes, I read 101 (more than once) and had searched this thread for "chime" and spent the past 2 days searching Google for a solution before I posted here. I did not come across anything in my search that mentioned the chime working, then suddenly not working which was not related to the chime itself or the transformer. It wasn't until I saw your response that I got an indication that the problem I was having could be a software related one and not a hardware related one. I didn't realize there was a hidden chime option in the EZViz app that would disable at random until I saw your message.

I removed the device from the EZViz app and went through the setup again. Chime works again. Hopefully the chime will stay enabled more than a few days this time. :) Thank you for your response. That and your response to the other person got me on track to resolving this issue.

rayt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I read 101 (more than once) and had searched this thread for "chime" and spent the past 2 days searching Google for a solution before I posted here. I did not come across anything in my search that mentioned the chime working, then suddenly not working which was not related to the chime itself or the transformer. It wasn't until I saw your response that I got an indication that the problem I was having could be a software related one and not a hardware related one. I didn't realize there was a hidden chime option in the EZViz app that would disable at random until I saw your message.

I removed the device from the EZViz app and went through the setup again. Chime works again. Hopefully the chime will stay enabled more than a few days this time. :) Thank you for your response. That and your response to the other person got me on track to resolving this issue.
i did the same yesterday and got my chime back too! its so weird. Ezviz app worked.
hikvision app didn't work for me even though i set the chime to mechanical.
but redoing ezviz app worked.

RogerFar

n3wb
Reaction score
I've always used a 24V transformer, no issues. But I reboot the camera every X days.
I kept an eye on it for the last 2 days, and I measured the temperature this morning (5c outside, no sun) and the doorbell was 55 degrees C on the top part. That seems excessive to me. I restarted I measured again (few hours later, during the day without sun) and it's about 34C.

Something is definitely triggering the processor to start going into overdrive...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I been back and forth with EZVIZ support and they had be send photo of my wiring and they asked me to switch wiring around etc. Chime still not working ..

DB1 is working fine via app, it just not triggering the chime anymore.

They are going to send me another power kit to see if that restore my chime or not.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Glad you solved the problem. We will write the tip in the troubleshooting section of 101. It's a recurring issue, due to Ezviz deciding to remove the option from the app after the initial setup of the doorbell. What a stupid thing to do. The other problem is that we still don't understand why the doorbell "loses" that configuration and you have to do it again.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I kept an eye on it for the last 2 days, and I measured the temperature this morning (5c outside, no sun) and the doorbell was 55 degrees C on the top part. That seems excessive to me. I restarted I measured again (few hours later, during the day without sun) and it's about 34C.

Something is definitely triggering the processor to start going into overdrive...
How are you monitoring the temperature? I don't know if 55° is too much, it depends on the product specs, anyhow, it has ALWAYS been hot since I use it, even when it's cold outside. A reboot every 3-4 days doesn't hurt. :)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I been back and forth with EZVIZ support and they had be send photo of my wiring and they asked me to switch wiring around etc. Chime still not working ..

DB1 is working fine via app, it just not triggering the chime anymore.

They are going to send me another power kit to see if that restore my chime or not.
I'm curious about this. If I had to bet, I'd say it's not the power-kit.

You already did all the troubleshooting right? Chime enabled in the options? Power is ok? Probably I already asked you, I'm sorry in that case...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm curious about this. If I had to bet, I'd say it's not the power-kit.

You already did all the troubleshooting right? Chime enabled in the options? Power is ok? Probably I already asked you, I'm sorry in that case...
Yup did it all like 5 times ...

even replaced transformer and chime .. still same ..

I could see that chime hammer pin is pressing against the chime all the time. Not dropping down back to idle postion if you get what I mean unless I take the power off of it.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yup did it all like 5 times ...

even replaced transformer and chime .. still same ..

I could see that chime hammer pin is pressing against the chime all the time. Not dropping down back to idle postion if you get what I mean unless I take the power off of it.
So it's like it's always over powered? Did you measure voltages on the line with a multimeter?

Reaction score
So this is happening a lot, seems most are having to either reset/re-setup their Doorbell, like we all did upon initial install or run another App with the Chime option. Try Guarding Vision App or one of these others, like LaView or RCA,:

FROM 101:
⦁ Available Apps (Allows Remote Access):
iO/S: Hik-Connect, RCA Security, EZVIZ, LaView One, Guarding Vision
Android: Hik-Connect, RCA Security, EZVIZ, LaView ONE, Guarding Vision

EZVIZ App removed Chime option, also think Hik-Connect did too.

Tried the reset and select mechanical chime a dozen times, tries all the apps after your recommendation... still no mechanical chime. The apps let me toggle it but it has no effect on my actual chime. Ezviz puzzled too. Curious to see if techbill solves it with a new power kit. I noticed another person is running a 24volt, I am too and it measures 26.5-27 with my voltmeter. It was working for about a year with that transformer before it stopped. Wonder if too much power slowly cooked something inside.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tried the reset and select mechanical chime a dozen times, tries all the apps after your recommendation... still no mechanical chime. The apps let me toggle it but it has no effect on my actual chime. Ezviz puzzled too. Curious to see if techbill solves it with a new power kit. I noticed another person is running a 24volt, I am too and it measures 26.5-27 with my voltmeter. It was working for about a year with that transformer before it stopped. Wonder if too much power slowly cooked something inside.

Thanks all!
Did you try the chime by itself, shortening the wires? Does it sound?

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check the voltage with a VOM at the chime terminals when pressing the doorbell button.
Wire the chime without the power module and test again.

Reaction score
Anyone noticing their EzViz doorbell just changing its MAC address when you least expect it? Mine did this recently (about three days ago). I thought it was a Wifi connection issue, but it was DHCP failing because the MAC had changed. :banghead:

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At least i van confirm the current EZVIZ updated to hkvision with onvif with no issues.

couple of questions.

1. is it possible to send onvif reboot with a script for scheduling reboot
2. When someone ring the doorbell my phone rings. I want to pick up, but don’t want the person to know I did, but by default audio from my phone forwards. Is it possible to pick up on view only mode by default and click a button for two way audio

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here using a Nelly DB which is running Hikvision firmware. I am using ONVIF here for jpg captures for my Leviton OmniTouch touchscreens.

Personally have seen ONVIF quit running on the DB twice in the last few months. I reboot the camera via the Hikvision Batch Configuration program and all is well.

Using RTSP / ONVIF here for my Zoneminder DVR and Leviton Omnitouch touchscreens.

I do not have it connected to any of the smart phone apps at this time.

is it possible to send onvif reboot with a script for scheduling reboot

No, not at this time that I know of.

Ideally getting root access to the Hikvision doorbell would be nice.

Trying a new Home Assistant Hikvision doorbell ONVIF plugin. This one is different than the ONVIF to MQTT plugin. Installed it and it shows:

1 - MyFieldDetector1 Field Detection
2 - MyMotionDetectorRule Cell Motion
3 - VideoSource_1 Motion Alarm
4 - CamPopUp

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is a reboot command in the ONVIF manager and just checked it and it works fine.

So sending out an ONVIF command would work if we knew what the command was.

onvif.jpg

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Found this a few minutes ago.

Package Node-Onvif

The node-onvif is a Node.js module which allows you to communicate with the network camera which supports the ONVIF specifications.

OnvifServiceDevice object

getCapabilities([callback]) method
getWsdlUrl([callback]) method
getDiscoveryMode([callback]) method
getScopes([callback]) method
setScopes(params[, callback]) method
addScopes(params[, callback]) method
removeScopes(params[, callback]) method
getHostname([callback]) method
setHostname(params[, callback]) method
getDNS([callback]) method
setDNS(params[, callback]) method
getNetworkInterfaces([callback]) method
getNetworkProtocols([callback]) method
setNetworkProtocols(params[, callback]) method
getNetworkDefaultGateway([callback]) method
setNetworkDefaultGateway(params[, callback]) method
getDeviceInformation([callback]) method
getSystemDateAndTime([callback]) method
reboot([callback]) method
getUsers([callback]) method
createUsers(params[, callback]) method
deleteUsers(params[, callback]) method
setUser(params[, callback]) method
getRelayOutputs([callback]) method
getNTP([callback]) method
setNTP(params[, callback]) method
getDynamicDNS([callback]) method
getZeroConfiguration([callback]) method
getServices(params[, callback]) method
getServiceCapabilities([callback]) method

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is a reboot command in the ONVIF manager and just checked it and it works fine.

So sending out an ONVIF command would work if we knew what the command was.
I took a shot at it, because many months ago the same question arose, and I pointed out that in ONVIF specs, in the DeviceMgmt service, there's the SystemReboot command.

So I needed to find a linux library/client that implemented those APIs on my Ubuntu server. I checked with Python first, and there are several libraries, but the only one (tried them all) that worked fine for me is: onvif-zeep 0.2.12.

To install it: pip3 install onvif-zeep
Check that v0.2.12 is installed: pip3 list | grep -i onvif
Now you have to find where it installed the ONVIF wsdl files, keep note of it: find / -name *.wsdl
In my case, the wdsl files are located in the directory: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/wsdl/
The onvif-zeep package installs the utility onvif-cli, to know where it is located: which onvif-cli

Now you need the directory of the wsdl files, the IP/hostname of the doorbell and the 6-char authcode of the doorbell in order to complete the reboot command.

Here's the shell command that reboots the doorbell, the first two parameters are the service (devicemgmt) and the command (systemreboot):
onvif-cli devicemgmt SystemReboot -u 'admin' -a 'authcode' --host 'doorbellip' --port 80 --wsdl '/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/wsdl/'

Before trying the reboot command, you might want to try first a generic info command to check if communication with the camera is ok, the list of all services/commands is here: www.onvif.org/onvif/ver20/util/operationIndex.html
onvif-cli devicemgmt GetSystemDateAndTime -u 'admin' -a 'authcode' --host 'doorbellip' --port 80 --wsdl '/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/wsdl/'

I think these instructions are ok also for python3 on Windows. Let me know if it works for you. :)

Last edited: