New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Reaction score
Yes, that it what it looks like on the doorbell camera that works. It is odd because I know this particular model works on blue iris.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, that it what it looks like on the doorbell camera that works. It is odd because I know this particular model works on blue iris.
Yeah it looks like the second DB is not getting the ONVIF info, are the DBs on the same firmware versions? I know older versions of our DB there was no ONVIF support.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, same firmware. It is a feit so it says it is 5.0.2
Does it have a build number? Are they the same. I am just fishing here to see if we can figure out why one works and the other doesn't. Of course it could be a bad Cam...

Reaction score
Not sure how I find the build number. I did try purchasing another camera and have it on a bench test and I get the same results.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure how I find the build number. I did try purchasing another camera and have it on a bench test and I get the same results.
Sorry for all the questions but do you have other cameras on BI? What version of BI are you running?

Hopefully not the one camera version:

1626107581767.png

Reaction score
Don't mind questions at all. Your helping me. No, I have 10 IP cameras on BI. I am running version 5.3.8.17

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't mind questions at all. Your helping me. No, I have 10 IP cameras on BI. I am running version 5.3.8.17
Been a busy morning for me, sorry. I know I keep leaning towards BI, but I am quite limited on my knowledge with BI. Let me phone a friend, haha, sound like Who wants to be a Millionaire...

Assuming you Reset the DB not working...
How hard is it to replace the one that is working with the DB that is not? That is, same IP, I assuming you have the MAC mapped in your Router with a specific IP, you would just change the MAC to the new DB then power it up and see if it takes the place of the other in BI.

So did I read correct, you tried another camera with same BI results, not showing video?

Reaction score
Been a busy morning for me, sorry. I know I keep leaning towards BI, but I am quite limited on my knowledge with BI. Let me phone a friend, haha, sound like Who wants to be a Millionaire...

Assuming you Reset the DB not working...
How hard is it to replace the one that is working with the DB that is not? That is, same IP, I assuming you have the MAC mapped in your Router with a specific IP, you would just change the MAC to the new DB then power it up and see if it takes the place of the other in BI.

So did I read correct, you tried another camera with same BI results, not showing video?
Yes, tried another camera and same result. I am worried about replacing the working one because I am afraid it will not longer work.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, tried another camera and same result. I am worried about replacing the working one because I am afraid it will not longer work.
Can't get in touch with my friend, maybe he will chime in. So my take is you should be able to see your RTSP feed in VLC, not sure what is up there...this is my URL:
1626115736859.png
What port are you using? What is the error message you are getting?

I know port 80 is important for our DB to work in BI

1626115975791.png

So you can ping the new DB and the other camera from your BI box correct?

Reaction score
Yes, I can ping it. I am using media port 6668 and discovery/Onif 80. I did a search and that is what is open.

Reaction score
I just used the good one as the start and then change the 8554 to 6668. I have literally tried all different combinations.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just used the good one as the start and then change the 8554 to 6668. I have literally tried all different combinations.
Hmmm, don't know. I am sure there is something simple we are missing. I went to their site and there is no mention of ONVIF, normally that is a big selling point with Cams. But you said ONVIF device manager sees it and BI during Inspect on DB. You don't have to have ONVIF for BI, if you have the correct RTSP credentials, but ONVIF is nice to fill that info in BI or any NVR for you. I would reach out to Feit to verify port info...

Reaction score
I actually did call feit. They told me they offer no support for 3rd party software. Told me I was on my own. Just frustrated that one works.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking on the Feit website for your camera...and cannot find anything specific...relating to being RTSP and ONVIF compatible....seem mostly to push the app...

That said here using Blue Iris and Zoneminder and Homeseer and Home Assistant and a Leviton OmniPro 2 system with my in wall touchscreens and Amazon Show devices via the Monocle monocam proxy app connecting to my current Nelly with Hikvision firmware doorbell camera.

Blue Iris is installed on a Windows 2016 server and doing well and is working fine with the Hikvision doorbell. That said I was using a side app for ONVIF to MQTT conversion.

After some time this app appeared to be resetting the camera so I quit using it. Thinking the propietary cloud app is using ONVIF too. So here disabled blue Iris ONVIF and only connecting to the camera via RTSP. I am a Linux person these days and much more familiar with Zoneminder than Blue Iris. I am not tethered to my Android cell. and do not rely on any Android apps for my home security, automation or CCTV. I only VPN to home to connect to security, automation or CCTV.

Testing also is a Home Assistant ONVIF plugin which appears to work now with out resetting the camera. I also have shut off using the hardware to onvif connection for the PIR on the camera and gone to an externally mounted PIR facing the front door from the end of the front door porch ceiling. It works much better than the video PIR and built in PIR. That is my opinion at this time.

Can you verify that the Doorbell is a Hikvision camera? You can try the Hikvision Batch Configuration program maybe to see the firmware on the camera if you have the admin login and password.

Way back started to tinker with Feit LED products sold at the local Menards here in the midwest. Personally most of the LED lamps were junk so I quit using them.

Personally I would connect to your Feit via RTSP only on Blue Iris if you can.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looking on the Feit website for your camera...and cannot find anything specific...relating to being RTSP and ONVIF compatible....seem mostly to push the app...

That said here using Blue Iris and Zoneminder and Homeseer and Home Assistant and a Leviton OmniPro 2 system with my in wall touchscreens and Amazon Show devices via the Monocle monocam proxy app connecting to my current Nelly with Hikvision firmware doorbell camera.

Blue Iris is installed on a Windows 2016 server and doing well and is working fine with the Hikvision doorbell. That said I was using a side app for ONVIF to MQTT conversion. After some time this app appeared to be resetting the camera so I quit using it. Thinking the propietary cloud app is using ONVIF too. So here disabled blue Iris ONVIF and only connecting to the camera via RTSP. I am a Linux person these days and much more familiar with Zoneminder than Blue Iris. I am not tethered to my Android cell. Testing also is a Home Assistant ONVIF plugin which appears to work now with out resetting the camera. I also have shut off using the hardware to onvif connection for the PIR on the camera and gone to an externally mounted PIR facing the front door from the end of the front door porch ceiling. It works much better than the video PIR and built in PIR. That is my opinion at this time.

Personally I would connect to your Feit via RTSP only on Blue Iris if you can.
So did you just remove the Discovery/ONVIF port in BI to turn off ONVIF?