New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So are those spots stationary? Are the same spots each day? Orbs are known which are dust.
Same spots, they don't move and only visible at night. I've never had the unit apart or the lens removed. No condensation issues either. Think maybe remove the lens and clean?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Bob NWI

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you do this should help:

Last night using a shade I was unable to manipulate the glare/spots in any way.

After reviewing previous threads on my model(see attached) the IR sensors may be causing the issue.
I dismantled the doorbell and disconnected the IR sensors.
As much as I didn’t want to I decided to clean the inside of the lens cover also.
Before cleaning I was unable to detect anything related to the glare/spots.
Tonight next test!

Attachments

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last night using a shade I was unable to manipulate the glare/spots in any way.

After reviewing previous threads on my model(see attached) the IR sensors may be causing the issue.
I dismantled the doorbell and disconnected the IR sensors.
As much as I didn’t want to I decided to clean the inside of the lens cover also.
Before cleaning I was unable to detect anything related to the glare/spots.
Tonight next test!
I am sorry I missed that you had the first Hik version Doorbell. Hope you fixed your glare issue...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All set with glare/spots, disabling the IR did the trick!
Good deal. I have not seen those, I have seen of course glare/reflections (whiteout) due to the IR reflecting on a wall or glass...

Necro

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone ever find a suitable replacement for the sensor cover for these? Mine is really cracked and needs some kind of replacement/additional protection.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone ever find a suitable replacement for the sensor cover for these? Mine is really cracked and needs some kind of replacement/additional protection.
I have not seen it here yet...

This is from our 101:

⦁ PIR Lens; It has been mentioned here by several that people are mistakenly pressing the PIR Lens (Middle) instead of Doorbell Button (Bottom). I have witnessed this a few times myself. Chadsturgill here has reported his Lens is now cracked. This seems to happen more when the LED Button light is turned Off (some of us have turned it Off because it is very bright at night).

We have seen several post about this...

Necro

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, guess it's time to start evaluating a replacement. The ReoLink seems to be the most reasonable at this point...though bit annoyed this didn't last a bit longer.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, guess it's time to start evaluating a replacement. The ReoLink seems to be the most reasonable at this point...though bit annoyed this didn't last a bit longer.
Do you use the PIR? I just had Blue Iris handle my motion...

Daijoubu

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an old RLC-420-5MP above my doorbell, so I gutted it from outside, kept the housing and left the existing wiring inside my wall alone and retrofitted it with a much better IMX347 module

So I'm going to leave my doorbell alone for as long as I can lol

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So frustrating… I had my db1 working fine for ages with blueiris and my mechanical chime.

I had it disconnected for a few months while I tried out a ring doorbell. I’ve since decided to go back to my db1 but for the life of me I can’t get the chime working.

If I short the doorbell wires on the back of the db1 body the mechanical chime works / which makes me realise it’s not the chime at fault.

I’ve tried to factory reset the doorbell and pick “mechanical” for the chime options to no avail.

Any ideas?

Marty McFly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So frustrating… I had my db1 working fine for ages with blueiris and my mechanical chime.

I had it disconnected for a few months while I tried out a ring doorbell. I’ve since decided to go back to my db1 but for the life of me I can’t get the chime working.

If I short the doorbell wires on the back of the db1 body the mechanical chime works / which makes me realise it’s not the chime at fault.

I’ve tried to factory reset the doorbell and pick “mechanical” for the chime options to no avail.

Any ideas?
I remember having this issue. Have you tried installing the HIK-Connect app? If I remember right, there is an option in that app that specifically lets you turn the indoor mechanical chime on and off.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Any ideas?
Have you done any updates? App or firmware?

Reaction score
I remember having this issue. Have you tried installing the HIK-Connect app? If I remember right, there is an option in that app that specifically lets you turn the indoor mechanical chime on and off.
Ive had this problem too and I dont remember turning it off in the app but once I logged into it, it was simple to turn back on.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes tried that. Tried switching to no chime, reboot it and then tried to enable mechanical again… nothing.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The app was updated automatically from App Store and I did the firmware update of the doorbell to see if it fixed the issue with the chime (now running 5.2.4 230404).
I know some have had to go back to previous firmwares as well as use other App than EZVIZ like Guarding Vision or Hik-Connect App.

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here have kept the firmware the same and today use an RTSP proxy server for feed.