New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
You need the reolink app to receive push notifications and also to use the "talk" function to speak to the person ringing the doorbell. It makes no sense to use blue iris for this type of device unless you wanted a low key camera that records audio with no other features. Personally the speaker on the doorbell is useless because you can't hear anything. I would advise looking for a different doorbell not just because their customer service is appallingly bad, but the hardware on these is mediocre.
no one talks to their doorbell in 2024

and yes, u can receive notifications in BI with this doorbell, without the app.

maybe ring and wyze are for you....

Clucky

n3wb
Reaction score

maybe ring and wyze are for you....
Of course you can receive motion notifications like any other camera would, but would you receive notifications from visitors when they push the doorbell button? That is also a useless feature since it just creates a notification instead of using a more suitable interface for calling like Hikvision uses.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Of course you can receive motion notifications like any other camera would, but would you receive notifications from visitors when they push the doorbell button? That is also a useless feature since it just creates a notification instead of using a more suitable interface for calling like Hikvision uses.
no one rings the doorbell anymore. when was the last time ups, usps, fedex etc rang the bell.

they dont

and u will get the line crossing alert even before that, if u cared about the used less feature... not sure if hik has that though...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

no one rings the doorbell anymore. when was the last time ups, usps, fedex etc rang the bell.

they dont

and u will get the line crossing alert even before that, if u cared about the used less feature... not sure if hik has that though...
IMHO, you're wasting your time, I'd just let him continue to vent and hate one of the best selling doorbells 2 years in a row....mainly because he gets ads and popups on an app that most people don't use so they don't see them. Granted that's still Reolink's bad but it sure doesn't keep me from recommending what I consider the best video doorbell when used as I do...with Blue Iris. :cool:

MTL4

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

they dont

Isn't the doorbell being pushed also an ONVIF event in BI which can give you a push notification? Seems like it's covered both ways.....only thing missing in BI vs Reolink app is the 2-way audio (which could get added later). I'm with Tony, very happy with this doorbell in BI, works great.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can get Both Motion and Doorbell Button Press notifications...I get them all the time. Our 8 year old grandson makes sure he presses our Doorbell several times when they come and visit :) , he likes to hear our dogs barking, lol

2-way audio suck on all Smart Doorbells, Nest, Ring, Hik, etc. It is just an advertisement draw, it is what drew my attention 4 years ago on my first Hik Doorbell, we have a Huge 372 page Thread which Everyone complained how bad the two-way audio was, that is from those few who used the Apps.

flynreelow is right, no one presses the doorbell button anymore, that is no deliver drivers, and very few solicitors either, they knock. It seemed to stop with the Smart Doorbells. Many thought the video would start when the doorbell button was pressed, I even confronted a few delivery drivers with the question and they are the ones that told me that, plus I remember having to explain this with a few family members. I am sure this is not the case anymore plus I think now the drivers are in such a rush they do not want to encounter a customer conversation which would slow them down.

So my Smart Doorbells turned into only a cheap camera on my porches...

mvoss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Isn't the doorbell being pushed also an ONVIF event in BI which can give you a push notification? Seems like it's covered both ways.....only thing missing in BI vs Reolink app is the 2-way audio (which could get added later). I'm with Tony, very happy with this doorbell in BI, works great.
You are correct there in an ONVIF event when the doorbell is pushed. I'm w/ you guys I'm very happy w/ my Reolink doorbell. By the way who the hell calls tech support anymore, I've set mine and several family members Reolink DB cams w/ no issue. You guys are my tech support anyway :)

Michael

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are correct there in an ONVIF event when the doorbell is pushed. I'm w/ you guys I'm very happy w/ my Reolink doorbell. By the way who the hell calls tech support anymore, I've set mine and several family members Reolink DB cams w/ no issue. You guys are my tech support anyway :)

Michael
So True. Funny but in our Hik thread, many who did call Tech. support pointed Tech support to our Thread for training, lol

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm considering swapping out the troublesome AD110 at my parents' house for one of these, so I'd need a black one to cover this similar FOV:

View attachment 198250

I know this is the POE thread, but how good is Reolink's power-over-doorbell-wiring? How about WiFi reception? Does it work in BI just like the POE version? Or is that what @MTL4 is trying to figure out?
1721840588684.png
So I did the swap yesterday, and I think I might be able to exonerate the AD110, because the Reolink camera wouldn't stay on, either, when I first connected it to the doorbell wiring (after having done initial setup via the included wall wart). I put a voltmeter on the wires, and there was no voltage. I put a voltmeter at the original mechanical chime, and there was no voltage. So the transformer may have been failing, and then maybe it finally died.

Fortunately, the Reolink WiFi doorbell comes with the aforementioned wall wart plus a very long extension cable, so I was able to kludge it together and power the unit like this:

1721847283051.jpeg

It's ugly, but it works.

As you can see above, the FOV is significantly wider than that of the AD110, and quite honestly I prefer the RF chime over trying to piggyback onto the mechanical chime anyway.

We'll see how reliable it is over the next few days.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 199403
So I did the swap yesterday, and I think I might be able to exonerate the AD110, because the Reolink camera wouldn't stay on, either, when I first connected it to the doorbell wiring (after having done initial setup via the included wall wart). I put a voltmeter on the wires, and there was no voltage. I put a voltmeter at the original mechanical chime, and there was no voltage. So the transformer may have been failing, and then maybe it finally died.

Fortunately, the Reolink WiFi doorbell comes with the aforementioned wall wart plus a very long extension cable, so I was able to kludge it together and power the unit like this:

View attachment 199410

It's ugly, but it works.

As you can see above, the FOV is significantly wider than that of the AD110, and quite honestly I prefer the RF chime over trying to piggyback onto the mechanical chime anyway.

We'll see how reliable it is over the next few days.
It looks good. Are you happy with that or would you prefer a slight down angle?
If so, here's a 5° down angle shim for a 3D printer:

Clucky

n3wb
Reaction score
IMHO, you're wasting your time, I'd just let him continue to vent and hate one of the best selling doorbells 2 years in a row....mainly because he gets ads and popups on an app that most people don't use so they don't see them. Granted that's still Reolink's bad but it sure doesn't keep me from recommending what I consider the best video doorbell when used as I do...with Blue Iris. :cool:
I heard BI smart alerts don't work well with Reolink cameras. Is that true? The only reason I don't use BI is that because I prefer first party software for hardware like this. But if it can handle the human/vehicle detections and supports PTZ controls I might actually consider it. Also what about two way audio? 3 of my reolink cameras have speakers and sirens which I have used on one occasion to tell a jackass blowing their horn in front of my house to go away. Had I not had that I would actually have to yell out of my window like in the trailer park. So I really want to retain that feature

Last edited: