New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have not read all threads here, but what wall power supply or transformer you guys use for this doorbell?
I see 24v 6w in the specs but could not find one on Amazon or maybe not searching right
Asking for a family member
Me i have the poe version and the family member wants the wifi version
Thanks
The WiFi version comes with a power supply (wall wart)

1722091361574.png

If they have an existing Doorbell, the transformer, even if it is a builders grade, will work on this Doorbell since this Doorbell does not use your existing Chime. Normally a builder's grade transformer is 16V 10VA or even 24V 10VA, either one will work. I had my WiFi version connected to a 16V 30VA at our old house with zero problems...you can always go higher on the wattage (VA) load it does not hurt anything so a 24V 40VA will work...

Use a Volt Meter to test their voltage.

To Add: Amps times Volts equals Wattage
So the Wall Wart that comes with the Doorbell is a 24V 12VA transformer...

HTH

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This will only work with the V1 doorbell. The v2 doorbell uses a 915Mhz signal for the chime.
Has anyone found a 3rd-party 915 MHz RF receiver that works with the Reolink WiFi doorbell? My experiment with the 1800Doorbells receiver was a failure.

fig3325

n3wb
Reaction score
I have not found anything that has worked for me yet. I may go ahead and tear into the Reolink chime to see if it’s possible to run a relay off it.