New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone tried the new firmware that came out on 2/29/24? Download Center – Reolink

ProductReolink Video Doorbell PoE
Hardware VersionDB_566128M5MP_P
Firmware Versionv3.0.0.3215
Updated DateFeb. 29, 2024 Updated

Note
1. Optimize the status light illumination logic of the Doorbell to indicate network connectivity status.
2. Support more options for Overwrite Recordings, like 1 Day(s).
3. Fix the bug that there are continuous visitor push triggers during two-way audio usage.
4. Support showing Motion Mark on the Playback page.
5. Support Cloud encryption.
6. Support calling via Doorbell ring.
7. Fixed some bugs.

Freddan101

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone tried the new firmware that came out on 2/29/24? Download Center – Reolink

ProductReolink Video Doorbell PoE
Hardware VersionDB_566128M5MP_P
Firmware Versionv3.0.0.3215
Updated DateFeb. 29, 2024 Updated

Note
1. Optimize the status light illumination logic of the Doorbell to indicate network connectivity status.
2. Support more options for Overwrite Recordings, like 1 Day(s).
3. Fix the bug that there are continuous visitor push triggers during two-way audio usage.
4. Support showing Motion Mark on the Playback page.
5. Support Cloud encryption.
6. Support calling via Doorbell ring.
7. Fixed some bugs.
Yes, I've upgraded without issues, mainly to test the "Doorbell ring". That feature worked once and then no more. I didn't reset the settings when I upgraded so maybe I should try that.

Besides that I believe the delay in talking has been improved, but I have to test some more to be sure.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So if I buy a doorbell/chime package and provide only power to the doorbell with a passive POE injector, but don't hook it up any network, and plug the chime into power, will it work like a "regular" doorbell until a future tenant decides to set up a network?

Obviously the camera won't work, but will the chime . . . chime?
It chimes!

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, I've upgraded without issues, mainly to test the "Doorbell ring". That feature worked once and then no more. I didn't reset the settings when I upgraded so maybe I should try that.

Besides that I believe the delay in talking has been improved, but I have to test some more to be sure.
I did the upgrade and for some reason the web portal page won't load now. I can only manage the camera through the windows app or the phone app.

EDIT: I figured it out. I had clicked the reset camera during upgrade and for some reason the default settings under "Server" are to not allow the web portal. You have to use the desktop app to get to settings, then Network, then Advanced, then Server Settings, then click to enable either HTTP or HTTPS.

Last edited:

SgtBarrett

n3wb
Reaction score
huh... I figured it out.. but I don't know why it made a difference because it was never enabled before. I turned on all the network ports, and the web interface came on. Then I turned them all off (except for https) and then the web service was again, unavailable. I found by turning them on one at a time, that RTMP was needed in order to make the web service available. RTMP description indicates that it is for "audio and video communication services based on RTMP between devices and flash player on browsers" - and I recall in the old web interface there were two small buttons where you could select between HTML5 (I think) and Flash... and flash just didnt work ... so I am surprised that this actually works, and why would it not be enabled by default if it is needed now?
How did you access settings to open ports? I too am not able to access the DB via IP in a browser. I installed the WindowsClient and accessed the DB and the options are VERY limited in the Client. No way to modify the ports. Frustrating.
My BlueIris is not seeing this doorbell at all...

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How did you access settings to open ports? I too am not able to access the DB via IP in a browser. I installed the WindowsClient and accessed the DB and the options are VERY limited in the Client. No way to modify the ports. Frustrating.
My BlueIris is not seeing this doorbell at all...
Did you get the most up to date Reolink desktop app?

For me, I did this: get to settings, then Network, then Advanced, then Server Settings, then click to enable either HTTP or HTTPS, RTMP, ONVIF, etc.

Last edited:

SgtBarrett

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you get the most up to date Reolink desktop app?
Ahh, I now see there are 2 gear icons on the screen. One upper right corner for the app and one ON the camera tab for the camera. smh.
I mounted the monitor 8 ft up a wall to be viewable from 2 rooms away, which makes it nearly impossible for my old eyes to see that 2nd tiny gear icon. [WHEW]
2 hours later, I found it and enabled all the ports that should have been enabled from default...

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ahh, I now see there are 2 gear icons on the screen. One upper right corner for the app and one ON the camera tab for the camera. smh.
I mounted the monitor 8 ft up a wall to be viewable from 2 rooms away, which makes it nearly impossible for my old eyes to see that 2nd tiny gear icon. [WHEW]
2 hours later, I found it and enabled all the ports that should have been enabled from default...
I agree, the default settings should have ONVIF on and the web portal on. They really want you to just use their app or their NVR.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Anyone have the Reolink doorbell running on a Hik NVR? Somehow I futzed mine up and can't remember or figure out how to re-add it. Could've sworn it's just as simple as adding an ONVIF camera but it's not working and it says 'failed to get stream'.

Edit: nevermind, the device must've glitched, rebooted it and re-added it as default ONVIF with no issues. :idk:

Last edited:

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got the Wifi version and overall, I like the unit, however, I've encountered a few issues that I cannot resolve (this is my second unit, thinking it was a bad first unit):

1)The detection, whether motion or person, is not working consistently or accurately. I started off blocking off all areas in the front where there's a sidewalk and people walk by. The problem with that, I noticed, is that it blocks the view as someone walks up to the front door (there doesn't appear to be any depth perception - if you block off an area away from the door, it still blocks the view as someone walks up.) Then, I tried to use the delay so that a person had to be in the spot for a certain amount of time (and with this, I removed the above blocked off areas.) This still doesn't work, as I get false notifications even when people are in the same spot for less than the time I set up. Also, although the live feed shows motion and/or person detection, the push notification doesn't send anything (push notification is on) when at the front door. I've played with all the settings as far as sensitivity, etc.

2)Faint noise feedback on the audio. I can live with it, but it's a pretty annoying sound. I have the jumper set up, etc. I previously had an RCA doorbell cam and never heard this feedback. Both units experienced the same noise, although the first unit had a much more pronounced noise.

3)I am "testing" the recording with an old La View 1080 NVR. I realize it's only 1080, but I wanted to see if it would record properly. It does record, but playback is choppy (the live view is perfect.) I then tried recording with the Reolink Mac OS app and the recording is flawless. Not sure what the issue is here.

4)Every night, between 12:00-12:05 AM, the NVR is indicating a connection loss. When I review the video, it's a fraction of a second that the video stops. I'm just wondering why it's happening at just about the same time and no other loss throughout the day/night (auto-reboot off.)

Thanks

P.S. I'm also looking at the new Tapo D130, but I don't see anything on that yet - it's new.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got the Wifi version and overall, I like the unit, however, I've encountered a few issues that I cannot resolve (this is my second unit, thinking it was a bad first unit):

1)The detection, whether motion or person, is not working consistently or accurately. I started off blocking off all areas in the front where there's a sidewalk and people walk by. The problem with that, I noticed, is that it blocks the view as someone walks up to the front door (there doesn't appear to be any depth perception - if you block off an area away from the door, it still blocks the view as someone walks up.) Then, I tried to use the delay so that a person had to be in the spot for a certain amount of time (and with this, I removed the above blocked off areas.) This still doesn't work, as I get false notifications even when people are in the same spot for less than the time I set up. Also, although the live feed shows motion and/or person detection, the push notification doesn't send anything (push notification is on) when at the front door. I've played with all the settings as far as sensitivity, etc.

2)Faint noise feedback on the audio. I can live with it, but it's a pretty annoying sound. I have the jumper set up, etc. I previously had an RCA doorbell cam and never heard this feedback. Both units experienced the same noise, although the first unit had a much more pronounced noise.

3)I am "testing" the recording with an old La View 1080 NVR. I realize it's only 1080, but I wanted to see if it would record properly. It does record, but playback is choppy (the live view is perfect.) I then tried recording with the Reolink Mac OS app and the recording is flawless. Not sure what the issue is here.

4)Every night, between 12:00-12:05 AM, the NVR is indicating a connection loss. When I review the video, it's a fraction of a second that the video stops. I'm just wondering why it's happening at just about the same time and no other loss throughout the day/night (auto-reboot off.)

Thanks

P.S. I'm also looking at the new Tapo D130, but I don't see anything on that yet - it's new.
Congrats on the ReoLink. Since I use BI for my motion detection I can't help you with the Doorbell's motion.
Have not had any noise issues, of course these DBs don't have the best sound, not does the Dahua CAMs I have. it is to be expected though.
Have you lowered your DBs Res. so it can properly record on your 1080p NVR?
As far as the loss of signal, I think someone else here reported something similar, is their any scheduling in your NVR?

As far as the TP-Link DB, I am pretty sure you won't be about to record to a NVR with it. When I checked them out awhile back they really did not have any features that we are use to from the HIkvision DBs we had or this ReoLink. So No, ONVIF, or RTSP...

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Congrats on the ReoLink. Since I use BI for my motion detection I can't help you with the Doorbell's motion.
Have not had any noise issues, of course these DBs don't have the best sound, not does the Dahua CAMs I have. it is to be expected though.
Have you lowered your DBs Res. so it can properly record on your 1080p NVR?
As far as the loss of signal, I think someone else here reported something similar, is their any scheduling in your NVR?

As far as the TP-Link DB, I am pretty sure you won't be about to record to a NVR with it. When I checked them out awhile back they really did not have any features that we are use to from the HIkvision DBs we had or this ReoLink. So No, ONVIF, or RTSP...

Appreciate the quick reply. I haven't lowered it down, but I'm wondering why it stutters on the NVR, but not directly with REO's app . Regarding this particular TP-link, it actually does have RTSP, etc. to be able to do that..it was just released.

The NVR is scheduled 24/7. Can you refer me to where that other person spoke about the signal stopping around midnight?

Also, just curious how BI is used for motion detection and how you get notified? I like being able to get notified on my iPhone, then clicking and being able to re-play the video.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Appreciate the quick reply. I haven't lowered it down, but I'm wondering why it stutters on the NVR, but not directly with REO's app . Regarding this particular TP-link, it actually does have RTSP, etc. to be able to do that..it was just released.

The NVR is scheduled 24/7. Can you refer me to where that other person spoke about the signal stopping around midnight?

Also, just curious how BI is used for motion detection and how you get notified? I like being able to get notified on my iPhone, then clicking and being able to re-play the video.
Blue Iris - Video Security Software

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I run a Mac, but I would be willing to consider having this just run "headless" in a closet somehere. I'm assuming once set up, I would be able to access everything from a client or browser..

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

The NVR is scheduled 24/7. Can you refer me to where that other person spoke about the signal stopping around midnight?eeeee

Similar, getting timed disconnects.

BI is the Full package, best NVR out there IMO. They have a 30 day Eval.
BI has an App that you can get notifications on your phone.

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're getting the disconnects at a certain time each day? I simply can't get the alerts to work for this doorbell - totally random and undependable. I'm also testing other NVR software, but I am getting an authentication issue with RTSP. I also can't test it with VLC (same issue.) No idea what the problem is, as my La View NVR is recording it.....All permissions opened.. It won't let any other software connect...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're getting the disconnects at a certain time each day? I simply can't get the alerts to work for this doorbell - totally random and undependable. I'm also testing other NVR software, but I am getting an authentication issue with RTSP. I also can't test it with VLC (same issue.) No idea what the problem is, as my La View NVR is recording it.....All permissions opened.. It won't let any other software connect...
No disconnects here, was just remarking another person mentioned having disconnects.

I had up to 4 VLC sessions running along with BI when I was doing my testing. I also have the WiFi version, only issue I had was a ReoLink and BI thing, I had better luck using RTMP in BI instead of RTSP...they may have fixed it with a new firmware. Have you tried different firmwares for your DB?

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No disconnects here, was just remarking another person mentioned having disconnects.

I had up to 4 VLC sessions running along with BI when I was doing my testing. I also have the WiFi version, only issue I had was a ReoLink and BI thing, I had better luck using RTMP in BI instead of RTSP...they may have fixed it with a new firmware. Have you tried different firmwares for your DB?
Thanks, I see now you were referring to another poster :) I haven't tried any other version. I'm on Firmware Ver. 3.0.0.2676_23090700. What version are you on? Considering I am getting an authentication errors, it's either the user name or the password (or both.) Using the standard admin user name and set the password up when I was configuring. How do we change the password for the camera?