New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed the aspect ratio also changed on the white one from 4:3 to 3:4 so field of view is smaller but you get a better look at people (more head to toe vs cut off at thighs) and packages that arrive on your doorstep. Might need to get one and see if I like it better. I wanted white anyway but they weren’t available 2 months ago when I bought them.

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just ordered one of the white Reolinks to try out, should be here Thursday. Also they are only available right now on Amazon.com so if you’re up north don’t worry they will ship to Canada too for a few extra bucks.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed the aspect ratio also changed on the white one from 4:3 to 3:4 so field of view is smaller but you get a better look at people (more head to toe vs cut off at thighs) and packages that arrive on your doorstep. Might need to get one and see if I like it better. I wanted white anyway but they weren’t available 2 months ago when I bought them.
Amazon Prime is next week 16th-17th, may see if they go on Sale...

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Amazon Prime is next week 16th-17th, may see if they go on Sale...
There was already a 20% off coupon for it when I placed the order, not sure what the sale price will be. If it’s better then I’ll just order 2 and return 1 since I have 2 doorbells.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There was already a 20% off coupon for it when I placed the order, not sure what the sale price will be. If it’s better then I’ll just order 2 and return 1 since I have 2 doorbells.
Thanks, hey if you would, when you get the white one installed, can you share pics of the two (black and white), that way we can see the difference, will the difference be as clear/plain as black and white, lol...

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought a black Reolink POE doorbell more than six months ago that I never installed. That one might end up at my back door and a new white one with the 3:4 aspect ratio may end up at my front door. :lmao:

Last edited:

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally recieved the new Reolink doorbell and got it installed, but it's giving me some heartburn. First, I definitely do like the new format and the white looks nicer on my house since my trim is also white. The 3:4 ratio also works better to be able to see the full person standing at the door as well as any packages that are left on the doormat. (I'll post some pics of that later). The issue that's giving me fits now is that the doorbell only shows up in the Reolink app. In the app everything works great and no issues at all. Once I go over to Blue Iris, I have it setup exactly like the other Black 4:3 Reolink doorbell and no matter what I do I can't seem to get the feed to display in Blue Iris. I also totally deleted the old doorbell and installed this one as a new camera and still nada. I haven't done much troubleshooting beyond that or called up Reolink for tech support. Anyone else get one and figures out the cheat code to making this work let me know. I really want to like it but not if it doesn't work in Blue Iris.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I finally recieved the new Reolink doorbell and got it installed, but it's giving me some heartburn. First, I definitely do like the new format and the white looks nicer on my house since my trim is also white. The 3:4 ratio also works better to be able to see the full person standing at the door as well as any packages that are left on the doormat. (I'll post some pics of that later). The issue that's giving me fits now is that the doorbell only shows up in the Reolink app. In the app everything works great and no issues at all. Once I go over to Blue Iris, I have it setup exactly like the other Black 4:3 Reolink doorbell and no matter what I do I can't seem to get the feed to display in Blue Iris. I also totally deleted the old doorbell and installed this one as a new camera and still nada. I haven't done much troubleshooting beyond that or called up Reolink for tech support. Anyone else get one and figures out the cheat code to making this work let me know. I really want to like it but not if it doesn't work in Blue Iris.
What protocol are you using in BI? RTSP or RTMP?

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What protocol are you using in BI? RTSP or RTMP?
It's literally the same settings as I set up the other one with and the other one worked great, no issues at all. This one with the exact same settings just gives me the camera no signal available error in BI. Also it's very slow (compared to all the other cams/doorbells I've tried) when doing the find/inspect adoption, something is going on there. So pretty sure if I can figure out what's causing that it will work in BI just like the other one.

Reolink doorbell.jpg

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, hey if you would, when you get the white one installed, can you share pics of the two (black and white), that way we can see the difference, will the difference be as clear/plain as black and white, lol...
Reolink has this comparison on their amazon product page:
1720717799815.png

What an odd design choice. I had no idea why they chose to tie the FOV to the color :facepalm:.

The black FOV seems to match what I get from my black Reolink POE doorbells, right down to the glorious pincushioning:

1720717987938.png

I'm considering swapping out the troublesome AD110 at my parents' house for one of these, so I'd need a black one to cover this similar FOV:

1720718066208.png

I know this is the POE thread, but how good is Reolink's power-over-doorbell-wiring? How about WiFi reception? Does it work in BI just like the POE version? Or is that what @MTL4 is trying to figure out?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's literally the same settings as I set up the other one with and the other one worked great, no issues at all. This one with the exact same settings just gives me the camera no signal available error in BI. Also it's very slow (compared to all the other cams/doorbells I've tried) when doing the find/inspect adoption, something is going on there. So pretty sure if I can figure out what's causing that it will work in BI just like the other one.

View attachment 198241
Have you tried VLC to see what it looks like?

Also, FYI I would uncheck Send RTSP keep-alives and I have my RTSP stream timecode unchecked, oh also the reachability tests, only thing I have checked in Get ONVIF trigger events but that would be if you use ONVIF

May need to try RTSP using Generic/ONVIF to see what that does for you in BI. I am a basic BI user so we can get others to help us/you get this working... @wittaj

HTH

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reolink has this comparison on their amazon product page:
View attachment 198248

What an odd design choice. I had no idea why they chose to tie the FOV to the color :facepalm:.

The black FOV seems to match what I get from my black Reolink POE doorbells, right down to the glorious pincushioning:

View attachment 198249

I'm considering swapping out the troublesome AD110 at my parents' house for one of these, so I'd need a black one to cover this similar FOV:

View attachment 198250

I know this is the POE thread, but how good is Reolink's power-over-doorbell-wiring? How about WiFi reception? Does it work in BI just like the POE version? Or is that what @MTL4 is trying to figure out?
So I am using the WiFi version (Black), using the power from the existing Doorbell Transformer has had no problems. The WiFi reception has been good, better than the Hivision DB I had for 3 years. My EAP660 Access Point is presently in a bedroom/office on the opposite side of the house where the DB is (Front Door), there are two walls and a partial Glass door between them, guessing 30-35 feet from Front Door through Living Room through hallway to Office. I have had a few dropped signals in BI but truthfully for where it is located I am very pleased. Once the AP is moved with along with the switch to the Living Room there will be no walls and only the door at about 10-15 feet.

I also had good WiFi reception with this WiFi at our old house, AP in Living Room about 20 feet through a partial glass door...

HTH

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 198241
I checked their Firmware section and no White version, have you compared firmwares?

1720722162985.png

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All the other doorbells from Reolink both wifi and POE work great. I have the black POE one and had no issues setting it up at all. Plenty of others have the wifi ones and no issues. Now I decided to try the new white POE version with a different FOV and for some reason it’s being a bit of a bugger to set up. Not sure why just yet but hope to have it sorted out soon.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All the other doorbells from Reolink both wifi and POE work great. I have the black POE one and had no issues setting it up at all. Plenty of others have the wifi ones and no issues. Now I decided to try the new white POE version with a different FOV and for some reason it’s being a bit of a bugger to set up. Not sure why just yet but hope to have it sorted out soon.
Can you confirm you are getting a stream from it, I often used VLC to check streaming...

1720743547501.png

MTL4

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I feel like a complete idiot. Of course I got all the IP stuff right but when you setup these doorbells you need to remember to also enable the various feeds in the Reolink app (which I initially forgot to do). So now the doorbell works perfectly just like the other one and I definitely like the format and color for my application (I can see how you might want one or the other, more width vs more height, depending on your situation). I don't know why they tie the format to a certain color but hopefully they will allow more options in the future.

Here's what I forgot to enable (it's under Network>Advanced>Server Settings), make sure these are all selected or it won't work right in Blue Iris.

Reolink network settings.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I feel like a complete idiot. Of course I got all the IP stuff right but when you setup these doorbells you need to remember to also enable the various feeds in the Reolink app (which I initially forgot to do). So now the doorbell works perfectly just like the other one and I definitely like the format and color for my application (I can see how you might want one or the other, more width vs more height, depending on your situation). I don't know why they tie the format to a certain color but hopefully they will allow more options in the future.

Here's what I forgot to enable (it's under Network>Advanced>Server Settings), make sure these are all selected or it won't work right in Blue Iris.

View attachment 198373
I was going to ask you but figured since you setup a previous ReoLink DB you knew. We have all been there, what still gets me is why they default these to Off. Oh FYI, I would turn On one of the HTTPs, for Web Access...

Last edited:

Clucky

n3wb
Reaction score
How the heck do you have ads if the device can’t even access the internet? Sounds like maybe you’re talking about using the Reolink app but none of us using this doorbell (POE or wifi) in Blue Iris are going to be running that at all. I too love Unify stuff for my network but their security stuff is way too proprietary (and overpriced) for my liking which is why many use Reolink or Lorex for their POE doorbells.

Look at the total lack of disrespect these moderators have for paying customers on the OFFICIAL reolink subreddit. That is the problem I am having here. As a user I have a right to submit any kind of feedback I want, and they try to belittle my concerns and look for reasons to marginalize me. If ads aren't a big deal, then why is there such a huge demand for adblockers, email and call spam protection, and laws prohibiting unwanted solicitation in public? If you buy reolink products expect their software to be bloated with this kind of shit and expect no support. In one support case where I complained about my PTZ cameras losing focus on their own I was told to trim tree branches that were in the shot. Reolink support, whethers its from their official company or their shoddy reddit group, puts all of the blame on you for their mistakes. I already use Unify wireless and networking products, and they are top tier. Fuck Reolink.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score

Look at the total lack of disrespect these moderators have for paying customers on the OFFICIAL reolink subreddit. That is the problem I am having here. As a user I have a right to submit any kind of feedback I want, and they try to belittle my concerns and look for reasons to marginalize me. If ads aren't a big deal, then why is there such a huge demand for adblockers, email and call spam protection, and laws prohibiting unwanted solicitation in public? If you buy reolink products expect their software to be bloated with this kind of shit and expect no support. In one support case where I complained about my PTZ cameras losing focus on their own I was told to trim tree branches that were in the shot. Reolink support, whethers its from their official company or their shoddy reddit group, puts all of the blame on you for their mistakes. I already use Unify wireless and networking products, and they are top tier. Fuck Reolink.
no one here told you to buy a reolink PTZ cam.

no one.

like really, no one.

not anyone.

zero recommendations