New system help please

nebo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Long story, but just this week in one big chunk, my bank gave me about $600 worth of reward points I could use at Amazon or Best Buy.

I have an iPhone, and am considering using the rewards for an iPad Air 2. Would it work for this camera system or should I use a pc to configure these switches, midspan's, camera's and NVR that I am going to install?(I have a leftover large computer monitor I plan to connect to the NVR) My outdated 8 year old laptop may not be powerful enough, and I use a very old small tablet to score my daughters sports. Would like to have a bigger faster tablet for that too so it could pull double duty. Thanks for the input.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tablet software is typically orientated around live view and playback, rarely are tablets capable of configuration setting up... many cameras require plugins and whatnot, I would not get a tablet for setup.

Your existing laptop should work fine, they dont have to be anything fancy.. personally for live view and playback I'd say a 32inch TV for your NVR would be better than a 10" tablet... cheaper, and you can use it to watch sports/weather/movies if ever the desire presents its self.. oh yeah its big!

nebo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That's what I needed @nayr. Thanks for the insight. I was given a 24" Lenovo monitor I plan to connect to the NVR for viewing or maybe a cable to the tv in bedroom. Glad to hear the laptop would do what I need. Thanks!