New to NVR request direction

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought I linked this one to, but here are the detailed instructions thread.

I decided to start looking at this today. Do you just follow the videos posted? I tried finding the PDF that is mentioned and it takes me back to the original page but then I click on the PDF link and it brings me back here to the thread you shared.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I decided to start looking at this today. Do you just follow the videos posted? I tried finding the PDF that is mentioned and it takes me back to the original page but then I click on the PDF link and it brings me back here to the thread you shared.
Never mind. I guess I need to get the sql server up and running locally. I will deal with this later.

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would recommend the 5442 2.8 or 3.6mm fixed camera.

You could probably get by with a 2MP fixed camera there, but the cost difference isn't really enough to justify it, especially if you want IDENTIFY purposes.
I got the 5442 2.8 and I think it's going to work outwell, which brings me to one more camera question. I am looking for a 180 degree camera so I can possibly cover the full front of my house with 1 camera. What is your thought on the IPC-Color4k-T180 that Andy sells. It looks like there were some comparisons to a HIK/Annke cam and the HIK/Annke didn't distort the video like the Dahau did? For some reason I can't post the link. Maybe because it's inside this site. I sort of have a strange front of the house. The front door is in the middle of the house with 2-2car garages on either side. I figure this would work well.

1676208375466.png1676208436578.png

rbc1225

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got my door cam up and running now. Everything is working well on BI as well as my NVR. The OpenALPR is working great so now 1 more camera to go out front and I should be covered. Thanks for everyone's help.
1676404247048.png