Newbe. Looking for help on Foscam 9826 remote monitoring

Reaction score
:(I found this site as I was looking to learn more about setting up my current IP camera.
i have it working at one location, but when I moved it to another home, even after setting it up with new IP address, etc, it can only be viewed on local network. I have a Comcast cable modem, that was initially set up with its own wireless router in service. But I want to use my Apple AirPort Extreme router. I was able to change modem to bridge mode to cancel the internal router.
when I check to see if my IP camera port is open, it shows it is, so I am fairly sure my port forwarding is working.
I have tried a lot of different settings on both the camera and on my AirPort Extreme router, but can still only connect locally. I have set up the camera to use No-Ip to redirect to my IP address, and port number.
i had this same camera working remotely from another home, using a different model comcast modem, and Airport Express, so, I know it works. Being new to IP cameras, setting up routers and modems, and not having a great understanding of Internet addressing, I thought I did a decent job of setting up my camera. Until now. It is kicking my butt. I know it is something simple in the setup, but cannot figure out what. I still have an idea that the cable modem is doing something to me.
with a cable modem and a router, which device sets up the DHCP?
After I learn more on setting up this camera, I want to install it in our family's cabin in Colorado, so we can all monitor it from anywhere. I then hope to get a more powerful zoom camera to view the wonderful weather and scenery.
Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. I am only at this camera location on weekends, so any replys to try different setting can only be done on a the next weekend.
I am 59 years old, so what you young folks grew up knowing, I am trying to now learn.
Sorry this is so long.

Thanks again,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...try accessing the camera from an actual remote location, or with your cell phone with the wifi turned off and connected to the cellular network...post screen shots of your cameras network and port forward settings...

Reaction score
The Livecam Pro app that I have been using and set up for the camera, just looks, but never finds the camera at this location. I went to No-ip, and changed to this location's IP address, and port. And confirmed the port was open.
Reading in the installation booklet that came with my Foscam, it says to "Configure port HTTPS Port forwarding on your Router". Why HTTPS and not HTTP?
i will take the camera back to other house, and work on it this week, and learn more about what different settings. Since I know it will work there..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The Livecam Pro app that I have been using and set up for the camera, just looks, but never finds the camera at this location. I went to No-ip, and changed to this location's IP address, and port. And confirmed the port was open.
Reading in the installation booklet that came with my Foscam, it says to "Configure port HTTPS Port forwarding on your Router". Why HTTPS and not HTTP?
i will take the camera back to other house, and work on it this week, and learn more about what different settings. Since I know it will work there..
What i meant was to test the camera when you are not on your homes wifi..some modems/routers present a specific nat loopback problem...so to eliminate that as the cause, test it while your phone is connected to a cellular network..

Reaction score
I tried setting my camera back up at my original location, where it used to work, but now I cannot get it working here, either.
These are screen shots from my Airport utility and IP camera configuration screen from this location (let's call this location 1). When I first posted here, I was at location 2.
I do not understand why it says my subnet mask is incorrect, as I have it set it the same as what my airport express utility shows it to be. I hope they show up. The screen captures were saved as tiff files, but I could not load them here, so I saved them as pdf files, and then loaded them.

Attachments