Newbie from PA w/questions

Reaction score
I hope that I can explain this clearly.

I downloaded BI 4.6.3.0 w64, trial version, on my laptop HP Windows 10 X64 to play and learn it before deciding if I wanted to purchase it.

I decided to purchase it and download it, same exact version, on an old desktop I have that has Windows Vista x32 installed.

The software works great and I am happy, will be even more happy when I get all of the ethernet cabling ran, right now everything is on WiFi, anyway, the issue I have on the old desktop is that I DO NOT see the IR, TALK, and LISTEN buttons to the right of the Preset and Patrol buttons on the individual camera window, on any of the 3 camera's I have set up.

When I do replay a clip audio is recorded.

It shouldn't be that great of a deal because it will be going in the basement and will not have the need to hit the talk button to talk to whomever is at the camera, or even to listen, it just irritates my OCD a little bit that it is not the same on both devices even though the settings on the Audio tab are the same on both the trial and purchased software.

Yes, I have external speakers plugged in and are in working order.

Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I downloaded BI 4.6.3.0 w64, trial version, on my laptop HP Windows 10 X64 to play and learn it before deciding if I wanted to purchase it.

I decided to purchase it and download it, same exact version, on an old desktop I have that has Windows Vista x32 installed.

The software works great and I am happy, will be even more happy when I get all of the ethernet cabling ran, right now everything is on WiFi, anyway, the issue I have on the old desktop is that I DO NOT see the IR, TALK, and LISTEN buttons to the right of the Preset and Patrol buttons on the individual camera window, on any of the 3 camera's I have set up.

It shouldn't be that great of a deal because it will be going in the basement and will not have the need to hit the talk button to talk to whomever is at the camera, or even to listen, it just irritates my OCD a little bit that it is not the same on both devices even though the settings on the Audio tab are the same on both the trial and purchased software.

Any suggestions?
you must enable the ptz tab to get ir/on off...
when you say you dont see them, do you actually not see them or are they grayed out..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Any suggestions?
Welcome Sleepwalker6507,

Good to see you join us.

In case you're interested in reading more topics here, a couple of has have organized some notes:

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

Reaction score
Updated to the new release 4.6.4.4, exported the settings,uninstalled and reinstalled. same issue, no IR, Talk, Listen or Volumn buttons.