Newbie help go easy! :)Hickvision Chinese firmware update...

blackcat81

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I have done the google and looked about at the forums, I have the following... DS-2CD2432F-IW, this is the info I have for you,

DS-2CD2432F-IW
build date sticker 01/2015
Current firmware V5.2.5 Build 141201

Ok it Chinese, the vendor said it would have English on it, it has not........

He has sent me a file and some tools Hikvision TFTP Server, and it has two folders A and B....

I am connecting directly to the camera with and ethernet cable and a power supply. I am not using a crossover cable, just a normal one, I do not know if this is right?

I have tried this on a windows 7 laptop and XP, his instructions told me to to do this, (when I run SADP I get the camera show up twice, 1 for wifi and for the cable I think, I get 192.168.1.65 that I can connect to, and 192.168.254.6 that I cant?

1. Disconnect all network connection,include camera/wifi/router…

2. Change physical address to F0DEF1E352BD, local IP address to 192.0.0.128,gateway to 192.0.0.1 (when I Change physical (Locally administered address) address to F0DEF1E352BD the network adapter stops working, so I cant do that! this is on XP, why is he asking me to do this?)

then do cmd ipconfig /all well if I do what he says (disconnect all cables, I just get the media disconnected and (preferred ip address) when I plug the cable in and change the local IP address to 192.0.0.128,gateway to 192.0.0.1, then open TFTP I get,

TFTP Server 192.0.0.128 initialized, but it does not run...... what am I doing wrong guys (and girls) is there a better was to change this to english, if so what tools do I need. (please remember its a 2015 camera running V5.2.5 Build 141201.

Thank you

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The PC and the camera can be on Ethernet ports on the same switch or router on your LAN or just connected with a cable, straight through is fine, no need for cross-over.
Set the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128
Assuming the seller sent you a file named digicap.dav, that's the firmware file. That's how it must be named. Store a copy in the same folder as the TFTP server executable.
Start the TFTP executable. It's normal that it just says 'initiallised' at this point.
Connect the camera, power it on.
It should connect to the TFTP server, and download the file, with progress info. It could take a few minutes if initially it does not connect correctly and has to wait for the timeout and then re-try.
When all done - when started it will take just a couple of minutes or so - shut down the TFTP server.
Wait a couple of minutes for the camera to complete it's firmware writing.
Power cycle the camera.
Find it with SADP and set the IP address as needed.
Access the web admin and fingers crossed the firmware the seller sent is OK.

blackcat81

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I have set the PC to Manual 192.0.0.128, on the adapter, but when there is no cable connected it just gives a windows auto config (media disconnected) IP address, when I look in CMD prompt and when I open TFTP

Yes its all in the same folder, have you ever had problems in widows 7 or XP setting the IP? I have just tried it again, and TFTP is picking up my wifi adaper, when I disable this I get 127.0.0.1 ( know thats loop back) in cmd its just media disconnected for my ethernet!

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator:

adderllyer

n3wb
Reaction score
disable you wifi, and set PC IP to 192.0.0.128, maybe it will work
Hi there, I have set the PC to Manual 192.0.0.128, on the adapter, but when there is no cable connected it just gives a windows auto config (media disconnected) IP address, when I look in CMD prompt and when I open TFTP

Yes its all in the same folder, have you ever had problems in widows 7 or XP setting the IP? I have just tried it again, and TFTP is picking up my wifi adaper, when I disable this I get 127.0.0.1 ( know thats loop back) in cmd its just media disconnected for my ethernet!

Thank you,

adderllyer

n3wb
Reaction score
can you share the digicap.dav file with me, my Cams have the same issue.

Ok I have done the google and looked about at the forums, I have the following... DS-2CD2432F-IW, this is the info I have for you,

DS-2CD2432F-IW
build date sticker 01/2015
Current firmware V5.2.5 Build 141201

Ok it Chinese, the vendor said it would have English on it, it has not........

He has sent me a file and some tools Hikvision TFTP Server, and it has two folders A and B....

I am connecting directly to the camera with and ethernet cable and a power supply. I am not using a crossover cable, just a normal one, I do not know if this is right?

I have tried this on a windows 7 laptop and XP, his instructions told me to to do this, (when I run SADP I get the camera show up twice, 1 for wifi and for the cable I think, I get 192.168.1.65 that I can connect to, and 192.168.254.6 that I cant?

1. Disconnect all network connection,include camera/wifi/router…

2. Change physical address to F0DEF1E352BD, local IP address to 192.0.0.128,gateway to 192.0.0.1 (when I Change physical (Locally administered address) address to F0DEF1E352BD the network adapter stops working, so I cant do that! this is on XP, why is he asking me to do this?)

then do cmd ipconfig /all well if I do what he says (disconnect all cables, I just get the media disconnected and (preferred ip address) when I plug the cable in and change the local IP address to 192.0.0.128,gateway to 192.0.0.1, then open TFTP I get,

TFTP Server 192.0.0.128 initialized, but it does not run...... what am I doing wrong guys (and girls) is there a better was to change this to english, if so what tools do I need. (please remember its a 2015 camera running V5.2.5 Build 141201.

Thank you

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok please post the files your chinese supplier has sent you, do this with a dropbox account. we can take a look and compare them with others.

If you are using a laptop the tftp program won't work with wifi turned on. Also it will connect better via network switch than direct to the camera with a patch lead as the lan port takes to long to configure when the camera starts to boot and misses the tftp login from the camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

blackcat81

n3wb
Reaction score
The PC and the camera can be on Ethernet ports on the same switch or router on your LAN or just connected with a cable, straight through is fine, no need for cross-over.
Set the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128
Assuming the seller sent you a file named digicap.dav, that's the firmware file. That's how it must be named. Store a copy in the same folder as the TFTP server executable.
Start the TFTP executable. It's normal that it just says 'initiallised' at this point.
Connect the camera, power it on.
It should connect to the TFTP server, and download the file, with progress info. It could take a few minutes if initially it does not connect correctly and has to wait for the timeout and then re-try.
When all done - when started it will take just a couple of minutes or so - shut down the TFTP server.
Wait a couple of minutes for the camera to complete it's firmware writing.
Power cycle the camera.
Find it with SADP and set the IP address as needed.
Access the web admin and fingers crossed the firmware the seller sent is OK.
Yes wireless is turned off, so let me run through this again. I set the adapter to 192.0.0.128, (but when nothing is connected (the cable and the power to the camera) and I open TFTP I get a loopback address in TFTP, the only way for me to show 192.0.0.128 when I open TFTP is to have the camera power on and the cable in the laptop, this is normal I take it?

I take it you have to open TFTP with everything connected, then take the power and cable out and plug them back in? I have done this a few times. I get nothing. it just sits there saying initialized, forever. any ideas?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As whoislooking suggested - just have the PC and the camera connected to ports on a switch or your router. This can be on your normal network as long as you are not power-cycling or rebooting other cameras or NVRs on the same network, or could be a spare switch not connected to anything.
The camera only checks for a TFTP service very briefly at startup, so if you have the camera powered on just to activate your PC adaptor, the process will not work.
TFTP needs to be running at IP address 192.0.0.128 before the camera is powered on.
If you are struggling with this - have you tried using the web GUI to do the firmware update?

blackcat81

n3wb
Reaction score
As whoislooking suggested - just have the PC and the camera connected to ports on a switch or your router. This can be on your normal network as long as you are not power-cycling or rebooting other cameras or NVRs on the same network, or could be a spare switch not connected to anything.
The camera only checks for a TFTP service very briefly at startup, so if you have the camera powered on just to activate your PC adaptor, the process will not work.
TFTP needs to be running at IP address 192.0.0.128 before the camera is powered on.
If you are struggling with this - have you tried using the web GUI to do the firmware update?
the only thing I have here is a BT home hub 5? can they both be hard wired to that to do this? ok I have now done this, its now English......... thank you,

When I open SADP I get the ip address of 192.168.1.65 this is without and cables plugged in, so this is from my BT wifi DHCP, I can open the admin page fine.

When I plug the network cable directly to the camera (remember its not a crossover I am using) SADP shows it as a second camera, and gives me the ip of 169.254.57.255 I cannot open this, I have not changed any setting on the camera, just pushed the wifi button. as my ethernet adapter is still set to 192.0.0.128 should I not be able to ping 192.0.0.64 (is this not the default ip?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ok I have now done this, its now English......... thank you
So you managed to do the update, very good and well done.

You will only be able to ping the camera at 192.0.0.64 for a second or 2 at startup, it only uses that address temporarily during bootup when it checks to see if there is a TFTP server at 192.0.0.128
If you really want to check this out, at the PC on 192.0.0.128 you can use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64' and power on the camera and watch the responses appear for a short while than stop.

It looks like this address "169.254.57.255" is a 'self-administered LAN address' when a static one is not set and no DHCP, you should be able to set this to what you want with SADP. To do this it does not have to be on the same subnet - that's one of the neat features of SADP, it's a really handy tool. You could also change it to a static value via the web Admin via the WiFi access.

cdoucet09

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for these fool proof instructions! It allowed me to get my camera up and running after hours of pulling my hair out.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Before knowing what I know now I lost a few strands myself. I went through the same exact thing, only difference, I was connecting and getting the update complete message, did this a few times and never changed language, I gave up after learning Google Chrome translates the cams fine. Which I used once to change the password.

Imho Unless theres something Im missing, I currently see no good reason to update these cams to English and go through this hassle. Theres also hardly any need to go in the cam as everything can be set and controlled in the NVR.