Newbie Needs HELP!

RCORSA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

3 months ago I purchased an HIK setup to replace an old Logitech system.

I bought this NVR: DS7616NI-E2/8P

and these cameras

1)DS-2CD22632F-IS2)DS-2CD2732F-IS
3)DS-2CD2732F-IS
4)DS-2CD2032-I

Everything is running over POE. It worked great on first setup without any problems. Then around 2 weeks ago three of the cameras went out. No connection or "no link" is shown. I got it working by doing a hard reset on the cameras. Then yesterday the same thing happened with a DIFFERENT three cameras. This makes me think its an NVR issue. The NVR shows POE to all cameras and turning the NVR and the POE off and on does nothing. I even tried to do a reset of the NVR but no luck. Of course I contacted HIK VISION customer support and they have been little help. I know the cameras are USA versions. They came in red boxes and in March when I got them I did a firmware update using USA firmware which worked fine.....

Anyway, thanks again for any help you can offer

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you cut off your sentence....."Then around 2 weeks ago three of the".... What is the problem? I'm assuming 3 of the cameras went out?

RCORSA

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, that is ODD but yes I corrected it...3 cameras out.

Scooter

n3wb
Reaction score
I wonder.. any lightning storms around to be a possible start of the trouble?:worked_till_5am:

Scooter

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Of course I contacted HIK VISION customer support and they have been little help. I know the cameras are USA versions. They came in red boxes and in March when I got them I did a firmware update using USA firmware which worked fine....
No surprise there with Hikvision support. Worse than useless.

Had a similar issue the other day and it turned out to be the switch but all of your cameras are plugged into the NVR direct.

Did you update the firmware for the cameras? Which one is working? And is that on a different firmware?

I'd be tempted to copy all the settings on the working one to another camera to see if it fixes that one. At least it'll narrow down the problem a little bit.

Cheers,

Del Boy

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot and should not expect hikvision support if you dont buy from an authorized distributor...

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You cannot and should not expect hikvision support if you dont buy from an authorized distributor...
This is so true, full support is why you pay the marked up price, in the UK their support is terrible even to trade. I still use online support from China or US as the UK support is that bad. ADI offer better trade support.
back to your issue it would be a process of elimination.
all of the poe are protected, so its not often you loose a channel, it possible you have a load issue the main cause of this seems to be hard drive failures. When they start to go your NVR can't supply enough power to the cameras.

Thats the first place to start, what hard drive have got in there should be something like a WD purple, if its a seagate well enough said.

RCORSA

n3wb
Reaction score
So I assumed when I bought from Amazon.com it was authorized as the descriptor said full warranty etc and the price was higher on Amazon than other places. Turns out they are not authorized dealers so no support. Damn. Anyway Amazon is a great company and put me in touch with the distributor and told me if they couldn't help they would refund my money. Anyway the distributor sent me a firmware update for the NVR and presto everything is back online. It's odd because I checked the firmware page from HIK website and tried to download it but it wouldn't work so not sure where the distributor got this update from?

Regardless it's fine now and at least I confirmed my suspicion that it was the NVR rather than the cameras which would have been a major pain to take down. I found a local distributor as well so next time if the NVR dies I'll get from him. And yes I have the 4TB WD purple drive.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@RCORSA Keep in mind that you did not buy from amazon directly, but a third party seller selling via amazon.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So, what was the apparent version of the original firmware, and also the apparent version of the replacement firmware?
I'd speculate that, like the cameras, sellers are installing slightly 'tweaked' firmware to improve the buyer's experience (eg region/language settings) and maybe got an updated version from their source.
Or maybe it was official Hikvision firmware with an updated bug-fixed version.