Newbie NVR help needed

Reaction score
Hi,

I just got camera's installed around my house. Its POE camera's. However I can only see 1 active camera. See attached snapshot. Any pros can you please help me as to what I should be doing ??

Thanks in advance !!

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
make and model of the NVR ?
Make and Model or the cameras ?
Doe the NVR have poe connectors on the back one be camera ?
Did you plug the camera into your local network before plunging them into the NVR?
What is your PC, NVR and route internal IP address ?

Reaction score
Thanks for your response.

IPC-HDW5231RP-ZE are the camera's
NVR4108-8P-4KS2 is the NVR
Its pre-wired by the builder poe connects one end to the camera and other end is to the nvr
I dont think i tried the camera's on my local network
Where will I find the PC, NVR and route internal IP address ?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did the builder provided the cameras and the NVR?
Did the builder set the complete system up ?

On an NVR that has POE switch built in The cameras will be tied to a SPECIFIC port after then have been installed. Also the username and password are the same for the NVR and all cameras. From the screen you have 3 cameras, The third camera appears to work. Label the Ethernet came that are connected to the cameras so they do not get mixed up

I hope someone more knowledgeable than me can help with the NVR. I have some Ideas but they take alot of work.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got camera's installed around my house. Its POE camera's. However I can only see 1 active camera. See attached snapshot. Any pros can you please help me as to what I should be doing ??

Thanks in advance !!
For those following, the image shows:

The account has been locked

Invalid user name or password

3rd camera feed looks good.

Q: Did you just plug the cameras into the NVR and turn everything on?

Reaction score
Matt I didn't plug the cameras into the NVR I just plugged the network cables into the NVR. May be I am not using the right ports.

Southeryankee:-

I got the camera's and nvr with Matt and EMPIRETECANDYhelp sometimes back but didn't get time to install them.

No the builder didnt set up the entire system up its just the wiring which they did. yeah I will label and troubleshoot. Thanks for all your tips and help. I definitely love the quality of Dhahua. Thanks Matt for your recommendation of slickdeals :)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok I will try to help. Take one of the cameras that is not working down and do a hard reset. This will require opening the camera up. There should be a red button inside. Get a short cable and attach it to the camera and the NVR, make sure it is in the same port as it was originally plug into. Search the internet for how to reset it.

different camera but should be nearly the same.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Matt I didn't plug the cameras into the NVR I just plugged the network cables into the NVR. May be I am not using the right ports.

Southeryankee:-

I got the camera's and nvr with Matt and EMPIRETECANDYhelp sometimes back but didn't get time to install them.

No the builder didnt set up the entire system up its just the wiring which they did. yeah I will label and troubleshoot. Thanks for all your tips and help. I definitely love the quality of Dhahua. Thanks Matt for your recommendation of slickdeals :)
Hi Dinar

Remember to check out the cliff notes when setting up cameras, also remember Dahua has a software tool which can be useful to setup cameras: SADP config tool ConfigTool - Dahua Wiki

Looks like one camera your user/password pair is off, and the other hit a limit on user/password attempts imho and got locked up ( this is based just on the error message I am seeing - iirc I had a easy time to just plug my cameras into the dahua oem nvr poe ports and had it up without too much configuration )

Reaction score
ok I will try to help. Take one of the cameras that is not working down and do a hard reset. This will require opening the camera up. There should be a red button inside. Get a short cable and attach it to the camera and the NVR, make sure it is in the same port as it was originally plug into. Search the internet for how to reset it.

different camera but should be nearly the same.

Thanks for this info. But my camera's are installed on 3rd floor and it will be really hard to climb up and do all of this. Is there any other easy way to do the reset other than doing a hard reset ?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for this info. But my camera's are installed on 3rd floor and it will be really hard to climb up and do all of this. Is there any other easy way to do the reset other than doing a hard reset ?
Hi @Dinar Kamat

Did they work with the NVR before you installed them?

Reaction score
This is the first time they are connected to the nvr and the prewired wires. All 3 of them were bought new. So don’t get why the login error is showing up.

If hard reset is the only solution i will get someone take a look at it.

Thanks again !!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i am not a nvr expert.I said the reset is a hard way
to go. May be someone else can give you a solution.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info !! Wish there was an easy reset button as opposed to opening the camera n all.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had this problem a month ago when connecting my dahua cameras to the nvr. I think I either deleted the cameras in the NVR setup and manual add them one by one using the user/pwd or I did a hard reset then add them one by one.