Next Gen Mini PTZ is almost here! 30x optical zoom, auto tracking!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It appears there is a serious mistake in this statement "I will continue to warn my users about anything that isn't Hikvision". That's better.

(Thinking out loud) Perhaps, I should make a counter mission to warn users about those Hikvision turrets that are being recommended that they really are not serious security cameras because of inadequate night vision. Nea, I got better things to do, let them suffer, I'll just continue to enjoy my junky Huisun/Longse cams silently. :)
The Hikvisions are just fine. They can also get the 2mp hikvision and dahuas which are even better. I have a 1080p dahua mini dome that is BETTER in low light than the longse and huisun - no IR, just some cfl/led floods. Stop trying to use these cameras in pitch black lighting. Enjoy your cams but they are NOT reliable and users need to be warned. They can see sample images of the hikvisions and decide for themselves. Lets also wait an see how long the IR on the huisun last, another failing of cheap cameras (yes I know you had a hivision where the ir failed, but its not the norm)...This husuin should not be used for security.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Stop trying to use these cameras in pitch black lighting
lol, better yet tell your customers to put a sign on their property for theives "Sorry I cannot afford to run 200 watt flood light all night so my cameras could see your face, can you come back during daylight?"

dalepa

Reaction score
The 30x will be my next purchase. waiting eagerly...

No issue with my 3 Mini PTZs in 100+ degree weather with 95% humidity in heavy gulf coast salt air.

$300 will be the upper limits, $199 would be perfect.

Auto tracking with 30x would be perfect for my view with cars and walkers passing from 50-200 yards away.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
lol, better yet tell your customers to put a sign on their property for theives "Sorry I cannot afford to run 200 watt flood light all night so my cameras could see your face, can you come back during daylight?"
200w flood? Huh? Why are you deliberately misleading? I think you mean one or two 10w led's. They add security as well. Nice try though. Now I have a COLOR image (much better ID) with no issues if IR washout and I can even grab plates of closeup vehicles.
Much cheaper than replacing the Huisun every six months (if it lasts that long)...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The 30x will be my next purchase. waiting eagerly...

No issue with my 3 Mini PTZs in 100+ degree weather with 95% humidity in heavy gulf coast salt air.

$300 will be the upper limits, $199 would be perfect.

Auto tracking with 30x would be perfect for my view with cars and walkers passing from 50-200 yards away.
What? so are you saying all that fenderman junk talk is for nothing? :)

btw, are the ones you have running on internal POE and all of them are v1s?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What? so are you saying all that fenderman junk talk is for nothing? :)

btw, are the running on internal POE and they all v1s?
Its not for nothing its a warning for unsuspecting users who are mislead.. Go back and read the failure posts of V1 and V2. Soon we will see the V3's dropping like flies as well.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Life is short not to eat junk, watch junk and buy junk. Common, give a rest.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It seems to me that -- even as good as they are -- most of these cameras are junk cameras bro.

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SO as a newb to cams what is the realistic longevity of standard cams in the $180 price range? The Cisco cams I have are no longer available (discontinued) but brand new seemed to cost around 1k abd look to be 7yrs old or more. So in my newb experience it seems the higher they are priced the longer they last depending on brand of course.

vizi

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
SO as a newb to cams what is the realistic longevity of standard cams in the $180 price range? The Cisco cams I have are no longer available (discontinued) but brand new seemed to cost around 1k abd look to be 7yrs old or more. So in my newb experience it seems the higher they are priced the longer they last depending on brand of course.

vizi
Price has nothing to do with it... quality 100 cams will last many years...

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Price has nothing to do with it... quality 100 cams will last many years...
I have read HIK's are good cams it just seems the ones that have the capabilities as the imporx cams are very pricey (may not have looked in the right corners for them) and the ones on Amazon don't seem to have many reviews on them.

vizi

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I am interested

Also Very Happy with my 3 Huisuns (2 10x v1 and 1 4x)

Note - I am in S Cal and here are the actual temps in my backyard for this month

The upper horizontal line is 100 degrees - which is where we have been for the last week or so

SNAG-0405.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have read HIK's are good cams it just seems the ones that have the capabilities as the imporx cams are very pricey (may not have looked in the right corners for them) and the ones on Amazon don't seem to have many reviews on them.

vizi
Quality comes at a price 600 vs 300 ...why do you need a ptz?

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quality comes at a price 600 vs 300 ...why do you need a ptz?
We have a 1000 ft drive that is not a straight run and to monitor the property in that direction. I guess I could use multiple cams but figured that the PTZ cam could be set to do a sweep of the property. I know the cam won't be able to zoom in 1k ft but better than nothing I suppose.

vizi

viziers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I do plan to be open minded. If this Imporx cam does me well ill be happy same with whatever other cam I aquire.

vizi

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We have a 1000 ft drive that is not a straight run and to monitor the property in that direction. I guess I could use multiple cams but figured that the PTZ cam could be set to do a sweep of the property. I know the cam won't be able to zoom in 1k ft but better than nothing I suppose.

vizi
How is a sweep going to help? Its pointless. You either need to cover an area or not. Coverage with large gaps is practically useless.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am interested

Also Very Happy with my 3 Huisuns (2 10x v1 and 1 4x)

Note - I am in S Cal and here are the actual temps in my backyard for this month

The upper horizontal line is 100 degrees - which is where we have been for the last week or so

View attachment 12229
Nice.how long have y owned those cameras?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk