Next Gen Mini PTZ is almost here! 30x optical zoom, auto tracking!

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The fact that he told me when I received my mini PTZ with auto tracking enabled in the UI. See first post. I sent him email to clarify if it's the case as well as the feedback about the prices.
OK, great. They neglected to put it in the specs or I just missed it.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why the concern about the "auto-tracking." The consensus has been that any camera most of us can afford has low-end auto tracking and that low-end auto tracking...well...suQs. Am I missing something?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
No auto tracking with this one.

JACK CHAN: Upgrade update file will not be realized.
Upgrade chip is still necessary to wait for the second generation product V3.
CPU will replace HI3516D increase tracking.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No auto tracking with this one.
Seems auto tracking is really just software driven anyway. My V2 10X that I fixed is up in a tree using Tinycam Pro with the auto tracking function turned on. Since the trees have no lower branches and no bush the auto tracking works pretty well. The only thing I find is strange is that the recording does not reflect what the camera is doing by locking in on a moving object and recording it. I have checked recordings and they only show the zoomed out image still while I am watching myself on phone being tracked and zoomed into my face.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Seems auto tracking is really just software driven anyway. My V2 10X that I fixed is up in a tree using Tinycam Pro with the auto tracking function turned on. Since the trees have no lower branches and no bush the auto tracking works pretty well. The only thing I find is strange is that the recording does not reflect what the camera is doing by locking in on a moving object and recording it. I have checked recordings and they only show the zoomed out image still while I am watching myself on phone being tracked and zoomed into my face.
I don't get it how you have auto tracking working on v2 10x? Can you share how you got it enabled or it's a secret?

FYI, our discussion on this:

JACK CHAN
2016-09-08 17:52
Because HI3516D Support H.265
JACK CHAN
Upgrade update file will not be realized.
it's it going to be available in the future via firmware update?
Me
2016-09-08 17:48
JACK CHAN
2016-09-08 17:39
sorry now not support auto tracking
Btw, does it have auto tracking or not? Nothing in description, but I thought there was a UI for it based on the firmware that you shipped to me.
Me
2016-09-08 12:57
people were expecting this to be in 300 price range
Me
2016-09-08 09:21
Jack these prices are more then a "little" and you can read feedback after I posted your links. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12663-Next-Gen-Mini-PTZ-is-almost-here!-30x-optical-zoom-auto-tracking!/page5
Me
2016-09-08 09:18

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't get it how you have auto tracking working on v2 10x? Can you share how you got it enabled or it's a secret?

JACK CHAN
JACK CHAN
Me
JACK CHAN
Btw, does it have auto tracking or not? Nothing in description, but I thought there was a UI for it based on the firmware that you shipped to me.
Me
Me
Jack these prices are more then a "little" and you can read feedback after I posted your links. https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/12663-Next-Gen-Mini-PTZ-is-almost-here!-30x-optical-zoom-auto-tracking!/page5
Me
There is an option on Tiny Cam Pro where you can check "Zoom and track on motion(in live view)" I haven't played around with those settings myself since I use Blue Iris, but my guess is that is what he is using.

I'm going to check it out when I get a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

JACK CHAN
JACK CHAN
Me
JACK CHAN
Me
Me
Me
I did it through Tinycam monitor PRO under camera settings -motion detection-"zoom and track on motion" I have in app motion turned on and face detection. Like I said it works pretty good if you don't have alot of other distractions like bush and leaves, on my summer property I have lodge pole pines and no under bush at all just pine needles. I first noticed it when I saw it zoom and track a black mink and also highlights the motion in a slight purple glow. The camera about 24 feet up in tree. I bet if you had one in a warehouse it would work perfectly. It will only track in the frame you have left it in so I have it zoomed out then it will zoom all way to 10X right on the motion. It would be nice if my Blue Iris did it or my Hik NVR again though it is not for all applications and does not seem to record through the app what the camera is seeing for some reason. But, for a pretty neat live view on my TV in the cottage it works great on bears and all way down to small bird I have seen show up and the mink was tracked and zoomed through the whole scene.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting, I thought it was digital and ignored it. Will have to try it out.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will be moving the camera to my chimney mount today on the house and use it on my Fire TV in combination with a KODI addon that in theory should open a drop down screen on the TV and zoom when motion is detected but, we shall see. Again the point is that if Tiny cam can do it why not have that option right in the camera settings would not seem a stretch. Also for those haters out there yes I agree this is for a hobbyist playing around and not for a bank ! What I find it does as well is work in unison with my NVR, the V2 10X when it zooms on the motion turns on the addional infra red lights which help the Hik cameras tremendously.

To test yours and see it track you it works best on a android device and you can watch it while you walk around but, again cant figure out why it does not record what you are seeing on the android device although you are seeing it watch you. I have even manually recorded the scene and still does not capture me and only shows the zoomed out scene on the playback.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I will be moving the camera to my chimney mount today on the house and use it on my Fire TV in combination with a KODI addon that in theory should open a drop down screen on the TV and zoom when motion is detected but, we shall see. Again the point is that if Tiny cam can do it why not have that option right in the camera settings would not seem a stretch. Also for those haters out there yes I agree this is for a hobbyist playing around and not for a bank ! What I find it does as well is work in unison with my NVR, the V2 10X when it zooms on the motion turns on the addional infra red lights which help the Hik cameras tremendously.

To test yours and see it track you it works best on a android device and you can watch it while you walk around but, again cant figure out why it does not record what you are seeing on the android device although you are seeing it watch you. I have even manually recorded the scene and still does not capture me and only shows the zoomed out scene on the playback.
You are misunderstanding what tiny cam is doing...its is not panning tilting or zooming..that is why its not coming out in the recording...the trickiest part of true auto-tracking is MOVING the camera and ZOOMING in while still being able to follow the object and predict its trajectory. This is similar to the E-ptz in some cameras firmware.

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
$522 ain't goona sell. Need the 30x under $300 before even a consideration

Here's where I would buy today.
10x $120
20x $179
30x $235
I'd definitely try a 20x AND a 30x at those prices!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uhh isn't the 10x like $140 right now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Agreed with others that $522 is way over the top. If you were spending this much, might as well go for the speed dome....Faster, much more pan/tilt range, has a wiper, etc.