No image improvement, 1080p camera vs 4k

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For the 49225 and every Dahua auotracking camera, this is how all autotracking is done, it isn't because of "special" firmware. There is no "autotrack smart plan" icon button. You have to go thru these steps:

Use Internet Explorer as this camera is very sensitive to this browser. Edge or Chrome with the IE tab will not work. The track time of 15 seconds will revert back to 15 seconds with any other browser.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1642468025497.png

What program are you using to see the 4K/X on your phone? DMSS, NVR, Blue Iris, etc.

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the 49225 and every Dahua auotracking camera, this is how all autotracking is done, it isn't because of "special" firmware. There is no "autotrack smart plan" icon button. You have to go thru these steps:

Use Internet Explorer as this camera is very sensitive to this browser. Edge or Chrome with the IE tab will not work. The track time of 15 seconds will revert back to 15 seconds with any other browser.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1642468025497.png

What program are you using to see the 4K/X on your phone? DMSS, NVR, Blue Iris, etc.
This is the icon i was referring to in the original manual. I asked Andy about it and he sent me a 3 page pdf on what you've described. He said the auto tracking stuff in the orig manual didn't apply.

I'm using the blue iris iphone app. I have a dedicated BI windows server that i remote into as well. The mic icon in the BI phone app doesn't light up when i click on it. I've tried sending the various sounds from the alarm audio section of the web ui and that does send audio to the camera.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One area BI struggles with is two-way audio. It will be more like a walkie-talkie and depending on your system, could be a several second lag and could experience some cut-out.

Here is what it needs to be set to in BI to give it its best chance of working:

1655257504016.png

Where mainstream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

and substream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One area BI struggles with is two-way audio. It will be more like a walkie-talkie and depending on your system, could be a several second lag and could experience some cut-out.

Here is what it needs to be set to in BI to give it its best chance of working:

1655257504016.png

Where mainstream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

and substream is:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif
No image

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Strange here is a screencap of my first post:

1657215214019.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is even strange is you replied to my post and you can see in your post that the image is there...at least on my end.

And I just copied and pasted the image. It isn't on some cloud that needs permission. I simply did the same process two posts later that you could see.

1657217593006.png

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, that did the trick although it may have been working with my old settings. Reason i say this is i just realize if i click on the "group" that is just the camera the mic icon is greyed out but when i click on the "camera" then it's not greyed out. I was using the generic with

/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

anywho... 2 way audio is working. I know what you're saying about sorta walkie talky situation, presumably because the mic and speaker are right next to one another... thought about trying to wire up a speaker using the external line and putting it somewhere away from the camera... do you think that would solve the feedback issue when listening and talking at the same time?

Also, what's the deal with setting the receive buffer from default of 6 to 30mb? I did it but just curious... should i be doing this will all cameras? Thanks again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An external mic or camera can certainly help it be not so much walkie talkie lol.

I up the buffer from 6 to 30 because 8MP is way more than the resolution BI started out with. Really depends on your system though but I found the video tends to be less glitchy with a higher buffer.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, that did the trick although it may have been working with my old settings. Reason i say this is i just realize if i click on the "group" that is just the camera the mic icon is greyed out but when i click on the "camera" then it's not greyed out. I was using the generic with

/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

anywho... 2 way audio is working. I know what you're saying about sorta walkie talky situation, presumably because the mic and speaker are right next to one another... thought about trying to wire up a speaker using the external line and putting it somewhere away from the camera... do you think that would solve the feedback issue when listening and talking at the same time?

Also, what's the deal with setting the receive buffer from default of 6 to 30mb? I did it but just curious... should i be doing this will all cameras? Thanks again.
You can change the audio settings in the group settings. See the help file.

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed the autotracker SD49225XA-HNR a couple weeks ago. So far so good for the most part. Not getting audio for some reason. Here's my config:

Attachments

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First off in case I haven't already, a big thank you to wittaj for the writeup on cameras and bringing to light (pun intended) on how the image sensor is the key to night vision quality. Wish I would have seen this before buying a bunch of 100- 150 dollar cameras for my mom's house when i first embarked on the Blue Iris DIY projects. For another 100 bucks you can go from crap vision at night to blow your socks off at night. As mentioned about a month ago I installed the IPC-Color4K-X-3.6MM above the front door to replace an old Swann 1080p, much improved night vision. Yesterday I installed the IPC-Color4K-X-2.8MM in the backyard to replace an Amcrest 4k. Last night I went to check it out on the monitor and was speechless. It was like daytime at night... even way better than the same camera different view angle on the front door. The amount of available light between the front door and backyard is about the same so why am i seeing such a vast improvement? Is it because of some inherent nature of how the wider view angles affect the amount of light it needs? Is it possible the 3.6mm version doesn't actually have the 1/1.2" cause i can't find this camera mentioned on the manufacture site, only mention of this camera can be found on Amazon.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First off in case I haven't already, a big thank you to wittaj for the writeup on cameras and bringing to light (pun intended) on how the image sensor is the key to night vision quality. Wish I would have seen this before buying a bunch of 100- 150 dollar cameras for my mom's house when i first embarked on the Blue Iris DIY projects. For another 100 bucks you can go from crap vision at night to blow your socks off at night. As mentioned about a month ago I installed the IPC-Color4K-X-3.6MM above the front door to replace an old Swann 1080p, much improved night vision. Yesterday I installed the IPC-Color4K-X-2.8MM in the backyard to replace an Amcrest 4k. Last night I went to check it out on the monitor and was speechless. It was like daytime at night... even way better than the same camera different view angle on the front door. The amount of available light between the front door and backyard is about the same so why am i seeing such a vast improvement? Is it because of some inherent nature of how the wider view angles affect the amount of light it needs? Is it possible the 3.6mm version doesn't actually have the 1/1.2" cause i can't find this camera mentioned on the manufacture site, only mention of this camera can be found on Amazon.
Excellent @8trek

Do feel free to make a thread with any comparison / contrast images you would like to share.

I also went down the same learning path as you and others, and images of comparison and contrast help a lot.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad I could help you out! And sorry you didn't find the site sooner!

The 4K/X has the same sensor in it regardless of focal length.

The smaller the focal length (ie wider angle) the more light that is possible to be let in to the sensor, so yes all things being equal, the perceived brightness of a 2.8 versus 3.6 can look like the 2.8mm is brighter simply because it has more available light that it is seeing.

Usually you have to get to larger differences in focal lengths to see a difference. What happens is most cases is the larger the focal length, the larger the Fstop gets, which then needs even more light compared to the smaller focal lengths.

And yes please post some comparison pics!