No longer on cctvforum

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After a long chat with the forum owner (a very nice chap), I've decided to delete (update: not use) my account on cctvforum

After some of my threads vanished I contacted them and it emerged I'd inadvertently caused distress to the admins, so I apologized and made this post to indicate people needed to find me elsewhere and as I'd not be able to reply on cctvforum.

So long and thanks for all the fish :)

As many of you know I provide region and language related solutions for Hikvision and Dahua products.

Though I've made an effort to remain compliant to the forum rules, that no longer appears to be possible, and as such and out of respect for the forum's owners I'll no longer be posting on cctvforum.

If you want to stay updated on the solutions I provide or get in contact you can find me on:

- ipcamtalk.com
- cam-it.org

Thanks to all the people on here for their input and feedback, and thanks to the forum owners for putting up with me for so long :)

Cheers

CBX
But they also deleted that :). I asked how I could change the post to their liking but they expressed a preference I not post any such post at all (which of course it totally their call).

So then I asked them to delete my account (the user can't do that themselves) and they refused that request also :p

So in summary I've no way to let people know to avoid cctvforum if they want to contact me or read any updates or news I post. Feel free to indicate I'm not there if you read something on that forum pertaining to me.

Don't try to contact me on cctvforum as I won't see it.

Thanks to the admin of this board for their kind tolerance of my nonsensical posts :p

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You will always be welcome here! I know you are trying to be civil, but the admins/mods there have a huge pole stuck up their collective a****....

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well you might say that but I couldn't possibly comment :p

I tried everything I could but there didn't seem to be an appetite for a solution of any kind at all (even when I asked for account deletion). Bless them :p

It does make me appreciate the hospitality here though with reasonable personages :)

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I quit posting over there a long while ago, this forum is much, much better. You'll be better off for moving imo anyway. Much better content here I think anyway and I wish more of the good people from over there would join you in your move.

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I started there, they seem to want to be more non diy and its the same people pushing the same hardware.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I must say I do like the collective ethos here on IPcamtalk.
There is a good variety of topics, varying from simple to complicated, and a lot of community help irrespective of level.
I came here not just because of an interest in IP cameras etc but also due to getting a bit weary with some of the rude and often unfriendly but admittedly technically sound responses on a certain NAS forum. Which I'm still a contributor to. But this helps balance the activity.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
CBX!

You have not lost anything, but cctvforum has lost its appeal and audience
;)

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This forum definitely feels more intimate than cctvforum, but over there is where I met fenderman and he led me to this great place here filled with talented people who offers SO MUCH technical advice and help....these kind of technical help is something that real CCTV companies have to hire a whole technical team to offer but the guys here are doing it for free!

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm reception guys :)

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have posted on many forums on many topics over many years. I can say with certainty that when moderators and admins try to excessively control the flow of information on a site they are guaranteeing only that they will lose users and nothing else. It's extremely short sighted.

I take that some of your threads were deleted on cctvforum without you even being told of that? If so, not cool.

The mods on ipcamtalk have said on more than one occasion that they are not interested in fiddling around with what is posted too much and I think that's a great way to go.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I here ya. I came close to being banned for posting links to articles in NetworkCameraCritic.com. Ironically, I started the blog about 5 years ago as a way to put the information in one place so i didn't have to repeat my answers on cctvforum.com over and over again.

Happy hacking!

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I take that some of your threads were deleted on cctvforum without you even being told of that? If so, not cool.
Yes - multiple times. Mostly I got alerted by a fellow forum user that suddenly things had gone missing - including on one occasion advice that might stop people bricking their cameras. No contact with any admin/mods unless I initiated it.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is the only cctv forum I visit. You will not have any problems here. Every Admin is very reasonable and we are open to new suggestions.

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is Ridiculous. I cant stand when board admins act like that. I've moved on to other boards because of selfish admins. You couldn't even get one last goodbye without them taking control. Good luck to them, I hope their board fails now

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By all means let me know if I'm breaking the rules (though I tried hard not to) and I'll try to comply.

I thought it best to politely thank the hosts and leave but just needed to let people I wasn't there any more (as in the post I quoted above) - otherwise they might PM me or make postings asking for help thinking I'd read and reply. Some people are soft bricking their cameras for crying out loud.

- OK so can I make postings related to region change? No.
- That's fine, I'll post on other forums. Can I make a polite post to indicate I've left? No.
- OK, I can't delete my account - could you please? No.
- I set my signature to "I'm not here anymore". Removed.

There's no obligation on any forum owner to be reasonable but it was disappointing and left me feeling bad for them that's how they are.