Not worth the time or trouble.

Discussion in 'ZoneMinder' started by hmjgriffon, Apr 11, 2014.

Share This Page

1. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Yes, so explain why exacq can handle many more cams than BI on the same system...its sad when folks misrepresent their capabilities..you are simply out of your league. You are not versed in VMS software.

2. hmjgriffon

hmjgriffon Known around here

lemee know when shinobi has the amount and level of features and capabilities that blue iris has and I will check it out. :)

3. moeiscool

moeiscool n3wb

Because of better engineering? You'd think that bit would be obvious LOL. IN MY EXPERIENCE I have found newer versions of ffmpeg perform with less overhead. So when you found the versions of ffmpeg in all the programs you are versed in, you should have been able to piece that simple bit of information together.

You say I'm out of my league and not versed when you were the one who went off on tangent. I never mentioned competitors. You did. I just said using CCTV on windows isn't as good as doing it on Linux. It seems you are getting very defensive for no reason. If you think blue iris is the best, it isn't. If you think all the programs you know are the only ones people should use, you're wrong.

4. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

EXACTLY. So your statement that "you only need a crazy server for the reason I have to keep repeating. windows wastes processing cycles for things you probably don't even use." is FALSE since you dont need a crazy server for exacq.
    I never said blue iris is the best. I often recommend other options that you are simply unaware of... However blue iris is the BEST at this price point. No doubt.
    Your little garbage software package is a joke at this point..there is always some joker who thinks that can do it better...go ahead..it would be great if we can all get a superior product for free.

hmjgriffon likes this.
  5. moeiscool

moeiscool n3wb

Ok I'm done on this forum, that level of stupid is not one I can match.

LOL you do know I started Shinobi in November? kids these days. Don't understand development because they are too busy crying and whining for other people to do everything for them.

6. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Great, leave.

hmjgriffon likes this.
  7. hmjgriffon

hmjgriffon Known around here

Who cares when you started it? You are claiming running IP cameras on windows is crap and best on linux, then point to a software that you wrote that doesn't hold a candle to blue iris, or anything else out there. A lot of the big name software run on linux yes, are they best? Not for home use, I don't want to run a giant server in my house, I also don't want to pay a license fee for every camera I have.