NVR displays blank video feed

KPaZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been trying to get live feed from hikvision ip cameras through NVR.
And when [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]trying to access live feed through it I can see just gray screen of the[/FONT]
frame in which video is should be displayed. Interesting thing is that I can see that
network interface is receiving about the right amount of traffic that it would
when video is actually playing.

I've tried both web and iVMS 4200 software and no luck.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]When viewing live feed through each camera web interfaces or that[/FONT]
software by [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]adding each device separately everything works fine thou.[/FONT]

When looking for cause/solution for this I didn't really have much luck
(or just wrong search terms) in google.

One thing that I found is that firmware on NVR might be the problem
here.

NVR:
model: DS-7616NI-E1
Web: 3.0.4.140415
Plugin: 3.0.5.12

Camera DS-2CD2132-I(and various other models:
Web: 3.1.3.140318
Plugin: 3.0.5.10

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I was hoping that more experienced users with the mentioned vendor might have some input on this problem.[/FONT]

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so some questions to see if we can suggest anything helpful.

Assuming initially all web-based access attempts.
What type of device are you accessing the NVR with? eg PC
What browser are you trying to access Live View with on the NVR? eg IE11 and if Chrome, 32bit or 64bit and version.
The NVR firmware version is on the 'Device Information' page - 'Firmware Information'.
What happens if you try accessing stored video via the Playback functions?

What do you see if you try Live View via the HDMI or VGA interface?
How do you know the network traffic is normal, have you seen the graph on the HDMI / VGA interface?

When you first accessed the NVR, did you respond to the request to install the webcomponents plugin, and did it appear to install OK?
If using IE, check that the plugin is enabled under Setup | Manage Addons'
Your plugin is a little old but I would not have thought that would be a cause. And mine is not fully up to date as I've seen some problems with the .21 version.

Name WebVideoActiveX Control
Publisher HANGZHOU HIKVISION DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.
Status Enabled
Architecture 32-bit
File date ‎25 ‎June ‎2014, ‏‎17:01
Version 3. 0. 5. 19

KPaZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for replying,

1. yes, my first access to cameras was over web via IE11 on win8.1 (should be fully patched), in order to familiarize my self with those devices.
I did install the plugin that IE assumed I need so, quite possibly I need to look for some newer browser plugin in Hikvision web site. Although I assume
that it works on some level as logging in on individual cameras live feed works.

2. I haven't had an chance to check what NVR shows through attached screens as it was one of remote location. It was previously set up and
configured by other person from place where I work.

I will check on that firmware info and recorded material tomorrow when I'm back there and continuing the debug of the problem. I presume that
as not web interface, nor software is showing NVR collected live feed then I most likely will have to mess around more in NVR configuration.

The whole idea was to use that software which Hikvision provides to monitor them remotely and in a convenient way. Also assuming that
it will be possible to get it working it's much neater from network perspective to connect to single destination address (NVR) to get all the
required video feed than to run ip connections to each one of cameras and getting the traffic router as we want is still cleaner with one firewall
rule set than separate set for each camera units.

KPaZ

n3wb
Reaction score
The NVR firmware version is on the 'Device Information' page - 'Firmware Information'.
V3.0.5 build 140508

What happens if you try accessing stored video via the Playback functions?
Just checked and recorded video playback works fine in web interface of NVR. I also did try out
one recommendation to try connecting with rtsp://x.x.x.x/Streaming/Channels/101 where when
connecting with vlc player through NVR I could see at least crippled image of what it should show
there.
Maybe there is problem with codec or resolution which cameras use to capture video? All of
them are capturing on 1080p.