NVR firmware V3.4.6 build160405 released.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
2-factor authentication with a software fob. Brute force just isn't practical during the universe lifetime with that approach.
Better to just squish it.

Reaction score
Gentleman I do not know if you are able to help with this issue or not. I have a Hikvision DS-7716N-E4/16p the old firmware I had was V3.0.10 Build 141126 I updated the firmware to V3.4.6 Build 160405.
Now I get the dreaded beep...beep..beep..beep.beep. I have initiated the hard drives 3 times and did the exception recommendation more times than I can count clicking everything on and applying and clicking everything off and applying to no avail.
The beeeping jusssst contiuuuuueesss. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
And thank you.

jacngo

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to upgrade the firmware on my Hikvision DS-7608N-E2/8P (has 8 poe ports) to current version of 3.4.80 Build 160718 (18th July 2016) hehehehehe .
The firmware file I used was from China hikvision, since the DS-7608N-E2/8P is equivalent to the china version DS-7808N-Ex. I upgraded via the web method thanks to wzhick and alairstairsteven
Your posts were invaluable. I DID NOT have to use the hiktooks05R1.exe to change the language flag. Just took the plunge and uploaded the chinese firmware via the web console and wola.
I was nervous my language would be reset back to chinese but since its hacked into english already by seller, it worked fine for me.

I am happy as Larry

Danny LIm

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to upgrade the firmware on my Hikvision DS-7608N-E2/8P (has 8 poe ports) to current version of 3.4.80 Build 160718 (18th July 2016) hehehehehe .
The firmware file I used was from China hikvision, since the DS-7608N-E2/8P is equivalent to the china version DS-7808N-Ex. I upgraded via the web method thanks to
wzhick and alairstairsteven
Your posts were invaluable. I DID NOT have to use the hiktooks05R1.exe to change the language flag. Just took the plunge and uploaded the chinese firmware via the web console and wola.
I was nervous my language would be reset back to chinese but since its hacked into english already by seller, it worked fine for me.

I am happy as Larry
Hi jacngo, I'm having the same issues, I wonder if you can share your firmware 3.4.80 Build 160718 (18th July 2016) here as mine stuck in a boot loop. Please help!

Danny LIm

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much jacngo! Do you have a different way to do this? I have some dav files previously but my tftp server only see as the IP 192.0.0.128 is initialized but no transmission going on. I have a pc with IP 192.0.0.128 and I can ping 192.0.0.64 when my nvr is booting up but it just do the 15 beeps and reboot itself again. I have seen some videos whereby they break the boot process with ctrl+u but I'm not sure how they did this part. Do I have to get a special cable and plug right into the board to do so? If yes, what type of cable is that and where do I plug in on the DS-7608N-E2/8P board? Please advise. Thanks and greatly appreciated =)

jacngo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Danny,

You will need to serial into the motherboard buddy using a jst-sh TTL cable. You can get on ebay. Then you Do a control U during the boot process. From there you can erase the firmware and force tftp download.

Danny LIm

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks alot. I will need to get the jst-sh TTL cable then before I can proceed further. Really appreciated your work. Hopefully I can get de-brick my nvr again.