NVR4108-4KS Recordings Paused by Thieves

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for that!
Despite this being 5 years old, I actually watched it all, very entertaining, had the pmsl problem quite a few times.
Nothing much changes ...
Sadly I think most vendors have put more effort into obfuscating things than actually patching the bugs.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OMG I can't believe how much activity this thread has created since my last visit.
As suspected by fenderman and many others,it appears to be a hardware fault.
I have monitored the performance of my NVR since the event and had another reboot take place last night which indicates a hardware issue.
I have now set a maintenance reboot to take place during the day on my NVR but I think I'm now going to replace it to a NVR5208-8P-4ks2 to be on the safe side.

Thanks for all the attention input/advise and theories which this thread has attracted. It has certainly made some entertaining reading.
You may want to consider recording to VMS software on a PC instead of a new NVR. You'd also need a PoE switch for the cameras.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Xeoma used to have a very spammy referral/discount program. I'd probably go with something else on linux like veyesys.
Here's a pretty extensive list of VMS software: Free VMS Software Directory

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberCam

n3wb
Reaction score
Xeoma used to have a very spammy referral/discount program. I'd probably go with something else on linux like veyesys.
Here's a pretty extensive list of VMS software: Free VMS Software Directory
That's funny... I've never had any emails from them, only my registration key, that's it. None of my clients have had any emails either. I'll give Veyesys a look, but like I said Xeoma has been great so far, that's why I extended my license for an additional 3 years.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's funny... I've never had any emails from them, only my registration key, that's it. None of my clients have had any emails either. I'll give Veyesys a look, but like I said Xeoma has been great so far, that's why I extended my license for an additional 3 years.
At one time, they were encouraging people to spam forums like this one to promote their product doing irreparable damage to their brand in the process.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They give away free licenses if you posted reviews. They still do. You cannot trust a single review for xeoma - even your post because of this. Special Offers: discounts and free licenses for Xeoma – Felenasoft
I would not trust a russian vms like xeoma - its enough having to deal with chinese cameras. If you want a solid vms that runs on linux or windows look at nxwitness sold as dw ipvms in North America. NX/DW provide LIFETIME free upgrades to new versions. Its about 70 per camera.

CyberCam

n3wb
Reaction score
They give away free licenses if you posted reviews. They still do. You cannot trust a single review for xeoma - even your post because of this. Special Offers: discounts and free licenses for Xeoma – Felenasoft
I would not trust a russian vms like xeoma - its enough having to deal with chinese cameras. If you want a solid vms that runs on linux or windows look at nxwitness sold as dw ipvms in North America. NX/DW provide LIFETIME free upgrades to new versions. Its about 70 per camera.
I had no idea that they were Russian? Well I'll have to look into those other options then.