Old BNC analog to new Cameras in 2024

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Not that it matters but on the back of the NVR it looks like the coax cables have F connectors plugged into a F-to-BNC adapter then a BNC on the NVR. Just takes up a lot of room and sticks out further.
yea, i had nothing do do with the OG install, just trying to help him out.

question for the pros that have used BNC cams before. How are these norally powered. I see the coax that will supply data, but they will usualy have a break out connection with a Y adapter for power.

This is behind that camera in picture 1.... it goes down, breaks out, then u have coax and a Y power plugged into a surge.

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 6.47.19 PM.png

But what about cams like this... how are they getting powered?>

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 6.48.32 PM.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The power comes from the cable with the red connector and the video is with the cord with the yellow connector.

So it looks like they must have then run the power line of the Siamese cable to a separate power source.

That is how my neighbors analog was ran - the DVR and data cables all went to his office, but the power supply was ran to a PSU in the garage.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
The power comes from the cable with the red connector and the video is with the cord with the yellow connector.

So it looks like they must have then run the power line of the Siamese cable to a separate power source
yes, i understand that, but they both aren't home runned to the same location. (which i thought was odd)

but that being said, if we get the LR1002 (2 per cam) we should be fine?

just need to make sure he gets an ePOE NVR and EPOE Turrets?

EDIT so we dont really care what powers the cameras now. we dont need that power connection if using the LR1002

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
yea, i had nothing do do with the OG install, just trying to help him out.

question for the pros that have used BNC cams before. How are these norally powered. I see the coax that will supply data, but they will usualy have a break out connection with a Y adapter for power.

This is behind that camera in picture 1.... it goes down, breaks out, then u have coax and a Y power plugged into a surge.

View attachment 187259

But what about cams like this... how are they getting powered?>

View attachment 187260
Most professional installs I've seen have a dedicated box that powers all the cameras. Some times there is a power supply box at or near each camera individually.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, i understand that, but they both aren't home runned to the same location. (which i thought was odd)

but that being said, if we get the LR1002 (2 per cam) we should be fine?

just need to make sure he gets an ePOE NVR and EPOE Turrets?
I edited my reply as you were replying and I added this:

That is how my neighbors analog was ran - the DVR and data cables all went to his office, but the power supply was ran to a PSU in the garage.

I use those adapters on regular non ePOE cams just fine.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I edited my reply as you were replying and I added this:

I use those adapters on regular non ePOE cams just fine.

Final questions, as all you guys have been amazing. (im thinking about going with the smaller dahua adapters, option 1, so think i need to do everuything ePOE)

Recommendation for Dahua ePOE NVR and the best ePOE turrets out there for light, and low light.

Last edited:

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe epoe is standard on Andy's 16Ch NVR's. At least the first 8Ch are. Correct me if I'm wrong.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
is the 8 channel ePOE as well? He only has 8 cams, and not looking to ever add more at this current house

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
dont think so, but he has a 8ch epoe switch. then you could use blue iris instead of a NVR. :) or you could just get a non Poe 8 ch NVR
this dude not very techy, so i think a basic nvr will work out just fine for him.

what about for the best ePOE turrets. prob gonna need all 8 (andy thanks for the hookup)

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score

The Black cameras are not the new s3 version.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score

The Black cameras are not the new s3 version.
this is great.

the 8 channel and the seperate ePOE nvr is pretty much the same price as the 16 all in one....

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
thanlks again.

one other stupid question

i personally have never used a dahua NVR.. just BI and sighthound.

how do you configure the people detection, line crossing etc?

is that set up per each camera, or is that set up in the NVR?

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
camera via its web gui .