OMG I can't figure this out!! Dahua cam bricked?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Arrgghh..... just my luck!
It's not dead. The above procedure is not correct. I will explain, and have walked many through this here.

They sometimes test the cameras before shipping and do not reset them to factory specs, but you can easily enough.

Add to that, the config tool needs to start in the correct subnet (that little blue gear top middle), which you will have no idea what Dahua set it to.

You need to HOLD the reset button for a full minute after applying power to the camera. I usually use a 12V power brick. After releasing the button, you should hear the camera boot up, (about 30 seconds).

Should be 192.168.1.108: Admin:admin on port 37777 after that.

Good luck. We have tried shorter times. Real short didn't work at all. 10-30 seconds would reset some of the parameters. A full minute finally reset everything.

Hope this gets you up and running.

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
It's not dead. The above procedure is not correct. I will explain, and have walked many through this here.

They sometimes test the cameras before shipping and do not reset them to factory specs, but you can easily enough.

Add to that, the config tool needs to start in the correct subnet (that little blue gear top middle), which you will have no idea what Dahua set it to.

You need to HOLD the reset button for a full minute after applying power to the camera. I usually use a 12V power brick. After releasing the button, you should hear the camera boot up, (about 30 seconds).

Should be 192.168.1.108: Admin:admin on port 37777 after that.

Good luck. We have tried shorter times. Real short didn't work at all. 10-30 seconds would reset some of the parameters. A full minute finally reset everything.

Hope this gets you up and running.

SD
on the starlight turret I didn't even have to power it down, I just cracked open the eyeball and held down the button until the clock time stopped changing in the BI app on my phone, probably took about 10-15 seconds or so I'd say lol.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
on the starlight turret I didn't even have to power it down, I just cracked open the eyeball and held down the button until the clock time stopped changing in the BI app on my phone, probably took about 10-15 seconds or so I'd say lol.
He'll be really safe with a minute! It's definitely more than a second though.

Resetting an HDBW5231R-Z over the weekend, when I held it shorter than a full minute, the IP address reset, but the the custom TCP port I set up did not. YMMV

SD