OMG Thermal!

MR2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It makes you wonder why they don't have these, with matching zoom lens on the PTZ to aid target tracking.. have two other cam's zoomed slighly further out from the PTZ's main lens and these can advise where it needs to move to keep the target centered.. .follow behind trees etc

even better would be if you could pull this back to a NVR or software which would decide that your one target had become two and send another PTZ to follow the second

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah much like the one I had (gave to a buddy for his farm) one measures temp and displays it. The other sees but doesn’t give you temp readings

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there any downside to getting the temperature measurement camera instead of the other one? Are any important features lost?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I only played with the one, and not that long. The downside of the temps one I had was no IVS only MD. But that actually worked fine for me as the thermal doesn’t see leaves and shadows nor bugs that well

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The downside of the temps one I had was no IVS only MD.
I thought I had read that, but the specs section for the thermal camera says this:
Capture.JPG
Which is why I'm asking about this in the first place. Maybe a mistake in Andy's specs? I pulled the Dahua spec sheets for both cameras and they both say IVS is in there, but the available lens sizes are different: 2mm and 3,5mm with Andy, and 2mm and 7mm on the data sheets.

On a non-US Dahua page, there is a 3.5mm listed. And it also lists tripwire and intrusion.
TPC-DF1241-T-S2 - Dahua CEEN Region

So I'm as confused as heck. I'm going to ask Andy over on his fall sale thread.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It may be he's selling newer models. The ones we bought cheap off the guy on Ebay were from 2001 Covid era