OpenALPR Tool - Save and Query CSV Exports Steps I took To Get Mine Working. ZERO Programming Experience.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Also I wonder what changed.. I mean At-least last night it was able to see some tables with zero .. means it was able to at-least see the database. if not import correctly..

lprdown.PNG

But now you are seeing nothing but grey window..

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea when it become a table that means it was able to see the database at-least correctly. What I am wondering is why is it not seeing the database.. or at-least to me it sounds like that. Again I dont have much experience of what I ran into when Installing it for myself.

Also when you open sql managment you do see name after your pc as SQLEXPRESS ? and once you connect under database it shows your table LPR ?

1585855334152.png

djmt99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also when you open sql managment you do see name after your pc as SQLEXPRESS ? and once you connect under database it shows your table LPR ?
It shows the computer name. Not the user name.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
If authentication is set as Windows authentication it should let your connect and verify that you have LPR database which you created earlier...

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Also One you connect you are seeing all this populate correct so under database there should be a database called

LPR

and then Under that all the tables are showing like Highlighted..

1585858649218.png

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
That is all I can think of at the moment.. will need to troubleshoot not sure why your downloader is not importing to database then.. Lets wait and see if someone with some programming skill can guide you towards right direction in terms of troubleshooting.

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I followed the guide but all I get is the grey out screen where the imports would show up.
Windows 10 ,64bit
I have the watchman $5 month per camera plan which only holds 5 days of data, but now that I got the webserver running on my computer isn't that saving all my data for as long as I have space to store it?
This looks cool to have but not sure if I need it. Does it do something else besides import my data?

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
I followed the guide but all I get is the grey out screen where the imports would show up.
Windows 10 ,64bit
I have the watchman $5 month per camera plan which only holds 5 days of data, but now that I got the webserver running on my computer isn't that saving all my data for as long as I have space to store it?
This looks cool to have but not sure if I need it. Does it do something else besides import my data?

OpenALPR made some recent changes which you will have to implement to make it work again.. Please see the original post..

Also this method basically lets you hold the plates data for as long as you would like instead of just 5 days. If you do not need more than 5 days then you are fine without it. If you do would like to hold it more than 5 days than you can benefit from this or can get higher plan from OPENALPR.

Since the guide was written there were I think Couple of changes in OPENALPR which took place which broke the method we have here. So to make it work there are some fixes along the lines which have been discussed on the original post to make it work again. Mine is working back again and I Love it!

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since the guide was written there were I think Couple of changes in OPENALPR which took place which broke the method we have here. So to make it work there are some fixes along the lines which have been discussed on the original post to make it work again. Mine is working back again and I Love it!
Ok i tried this....

Once done, I re-started the downloader and it grabbed and imported everything from today.

1599187245973.png

And this....
I did this and was able to save the changes..
1602265718208.png1602265718208.png

Testing now.. if Its working will update shortly thank you again gymratz and dlong
Still not working, Ill keep poking around with it. Thanks.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
nd imported everything from tod
I know there were some several other changes since the guide. Since Open ALPR keep switching stuff around..

You may wanna try this as well..

Sprite

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For some reason LPR Downloader is not able to login. It doesn't give me a password error or anything, I click login and nothing happens. If I click on anything else on the page it seems to work (forgot password, home). I'm 100% sure the PW is correct, I copied and pasted it into a browser and was able to login fine. Any ideas?

Edit: On another note, I moved LPR_Downloader to another computer that was able to login just fine.

Edit 2: NM got it working. I'm running this on a computer running Windows Server and IE's default settings are extremely secure. I added OpenALPR to the exception list and it seems to be working now.

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
For some reason LPR Downloader is not able to login. It doesn't give me a password error or anything, I click login and nothing happens. If I click on anything else on the page it seems to work (forgot password, home). I'm 100% sure the PW is correct, I copied and pasted it into a browser and was able to login fine. Any ideas?

Edit: On another note, I moved LPR_Downloader to another computer that was able to login just fine.

Edit 2: NM got it working. I'm running this on a computer running Windows Server and IE's default settings are extremely secure. I added OpenALPR to the exception list and it seems to be working now.
Good To Know it is working for you. Thank you for updating us on here

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you for making the guide, it was easy to follow. Very idiot proof haha.
LOL, Did try to write it to make sure anyone can easily follow. Glad to hear it was easy enough.

DO you know what changes you have to make because of open alpr changes ?

I can impliment those changes to the guide again and re-upload.. for others.